Naruto

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Finally! Sorry, I'm a sucker for Naruto just as I am One Piece mostly due to the time I've already invested in the series. :P

Character development and main story arc ftw!
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

EnglishJim wrote:As for the whole eye candy thing, I think it is well drawn at key moments in the series. But it's asking a little much to expect OVA production values on an extended show like Naruto.
Indeed; I wouldn't expect OVA-quality animation and art from a continuous series, either. I would, however, expect it to compare favorably to something that might be produced by, say, Gonzo or BONES, which, in my opinion, Naruto does not. Eureka 7, regardless of whether you liked it or not, was damn pretty, and I'm sure that a series as popular as Naruto should be able to command a large enough budget to match a similar level of quality.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Gonzo and BONES tend to make 26-episoders, so I'm guessing they'd usually have an estimate of what they're going to spend beforehand. 'Sides, Eureka 7 had a lot of 2nd Key animators.

A new of episode Naruto is produced every week, it'd take longer to make one of better quality and the fans wouldn't appreciate it IMO. Personally, I like Naruto's animation (hate the filler), it's fluid and like I said, well drawn at key moments in the series.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, I can't wait to get this shit back on track again, for sure. 8)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It should be out in about two weeks... and unlike OP Naruto has fast religious subbers, even for the fillers.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Nekomimi
imanewbie

Post by Nekomimi »

Well, this is an anime I won't propably everrrr watch :3
Too many episodes to start now!!

I have actually seen the first episode, but since it was exactly the same as manga, I prefer just reading it ;P

Im soo twisted xDD
Some series I don't bother watch, and some I don't bother read!

Sooh, what is the big deal with the anime anyways?
Half of the episodes is fillers right?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thats what I thought but it actually is a good series, until the fillers that is but now the plot continues now... the first two episodes of the new season have been released... DLing now will update later :twisted:

Edit: Watched the first two episodes of the Shippuuden series, and I would
have to say its worth watching. They start it out kind of funny with a big future
encounter, and then begin the time jump. I also think they changed some of
the voices like the academy teacher (name starts with an I) and I also think
Kakashi's voice is different :( . I also might be begining a little too critical but I
feel that they drew Shiskamaru's face too short and Sakura's face too wide
I could have sworn she proportioned out in the time jump... well anyway I am definitely sticking with this series :twsited:
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Yea i watched the first two also and its good to be back on track with the series. I would like to see some more of Akatsuki but thats in later episodes. As for the drawing of the characters, all of them have grew up. Keep in mind that 2-3 years have past and peoples physical features have changed.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Nekomimi wrote:Well, this is an anime I won't propably everrrr watch :3
Too many episodes to start now!!

I have actually seen the first episode, but since it was exactly the same as manga, I prefer just reading it ;P

Im soo twisted xDD
Some series I don't bother watch, and some I don't bother read!

Sooh, what is the big deal with the anime anyways?
Half of the episodes is fillers right?
Pretty much the TV series is the manga in color, they just add some random side stories as fillers sometimes and drag stuff out WAYYY too long, so the manga is better imo but I'm a direct kinda person. BUT...some people love the side stories and say they round out the characters more. (Some are kinda square in the manga)
:wink:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

the only character that matters at all is shikamaru :twisted:
Bow to Golbez
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Naruto

Post by Sandman »

ITS OVER and it was pretty good ride but they should have finished it like the manga... oh well

Necro :twisted:
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I started watching Naruto and followed it up into Shipuuden, but then gave up about a decade ago. I recently found some Naruto "kai" edits on reddit where they cut out all the filler episodes and follow the manga more closely. I started over and am on episode 33 of 72, nearly caught up to where I left off, and I am really enjoying it. I only watch an episode or two per day, since they are 45 to 90 minutes each. I am excited to get into new content though.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It's worth it... Then there is Boruto to watch after that which is pretty cool so far... I just wish that would show us who the parents of the kids are like who got with Lee?? and who got with Ino?? Need a parent teacher conference episode to sort that out :twisted:
dewi007
imanewbie

Post by dewi007 »

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

SPAMMER :OWTH: :stupid: