Anime Music Videos

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Anime Music Videos

Post by Starnum »

Alright, here’s the deal. First off, there wasn’t already a thread for this, so I decided to open one. The reason being, I just signed up for a Youtube account, and since I did that, I figured I’d put a video on there. Why'd I wait so long to make an account? I don't know, never saw the need to do it before. Can you believe my name was taken, I mean, WTF? I had to put a damn number in my name, I hate that shit. Anyway, the video that I put on there was an AMV that I made about six years ago, before I joined EG. Well, here it is, and I hope you enjoy it. The anime is G Gundam, and the song is (sic) by Slipknot.

The Gundam Sickness

Heh, poor George, I pick on him a bit in this video. I would like to put my Berserk video on there, but the file size is too big. If I can figure out a way to remedy that, then I'll be sure to put it on there as well. Also, you guys can feel free to put your own AMV’s (or other peoples, just be sure to give props where they're due) on here, but please be sure to tell me what you think of mine, thanks. :)
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Re: Anime Music Videos

Post by Tonbo »

Hey nice vid! Great editing, it really fits the music.

There are so many great AMVs out there now, it's insane. This one is my favorite though... a bit of a thematic leap from the video above.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8T2fJsCFc
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, thanks. Oh, BTW, I edited your post to turn the youtube video into a link. Apparently the owner of the video isn't allowing it to be embedded for some reason. It's a pretty good video though, funny stuff, and great editing.

(Double Powa~!)

Okay, at long last, I think I got my Berserk AMV on my website for all to DL. First, however, a little setup. Okay, so when I put it on there, it wouldn't all fit, so the very end of the video got cut-off, but that's okay, because it was all pretty much over at that point anyway. Hopefully you guys should be able to DL and watch this video without any problems, but if it doesn't work, please let me know. As for the video itself, it's set to the song Master's Apprentice by my favorite band, Opeth. Unfortunately I had to chop the song up and kind of butchered it, and the damn video file size is still huge. However, you can't really tell that parts of the song are missing, unless you know what you're listening for. The song is normally like 10 minutes long, if not longer. Also, unlike my first video, this one isn't so much about timing and editing, as much as it is about how the lyrics reference what’s being shown onscreen. So if you don't know the lyrics, or can't understand what's being said, I highly recommend you look up the lyrics. Well, that's pretty much it. It's far from perfect, or the best Berserk AMV out there, but I was pretty proud of it. Check it out, and let me know what you think, but please, be nice and subtle if you think it's a total piece. :)

http://www.ra.darkseas.com/img/Berserke ... entice.mpg

This version of the AMV should end with Gatts throwing his cloak back as he gets ready to set out as the Black Swordsman.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Despite that it's your usual song spliced to action sequences AMV, I've been quite partial to In Flames lately:

Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heck yeah, that was a pretty cool video. The editing is totally on a different level than anything I've done, that's for sure.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

One of the best (both in style and execution) AMVs I've ever seen, and though I don't really dig "The Best of You" by the Foo Fighers, when I watch this video I really like the song too:

HQ version available at: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=90488

This is just as awesome and funny as Azumanga Daioh itself:

HQ: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=72913

And although I never really liked Naruto (it's freaking DBZ with ninjas, now go ahead and flame me :D ) I love this video:

HQ: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=68138

I have never seen that anime (Pale Cocoon) but it looks interesting, although about half the shots in this video are heavily edited:

HQ: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=117481

Edit: Just found this one and laughed so hard at it. Genius, like everything from Doki Doki Panic. It's called Plunder Propaganda, enjoy:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aether wrote:And although I never really liked Naruto (it's freaking DBZ with ninjas, now go ahead and flame me ) I love this video:
Nah, it's just Shonen. The genre was pretty much revolutionized by DBZ, is all. A lot of the Shonen artist of today grew up reading DBZ like the rest of us, so of course the genre has been heavily influenced by it. I think Naruto has its own groove though.

Anyway, cool videos. The last one was great. We should make that our new orientation video. :P
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

AH! I'm so pissed Stage6 went down. It went down really suddenly too, no time to go on an archival download spree.
I hate youtube, flash video is so last year.

Pretty much any AMV by Koopiskeva is awesome. He takes it to another level. http://www.randomdestination.com/members/koop/

My favorites are Euphoria and Candy Pop. Crappy flash video doesn't do him justice, but here are some links.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RsKj1MFEouI (dam embedding block)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N1Pl43tyVBg
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I just love those 2 videos:

Perfect fitting songs for Great Teacher Onizuka, a bit kitchy maybe, but fitting nontheless. Eikichi is just the coolest and sincerest (most sincere?) guy on earth, while at the same time being one big perv :D

How to save a life:

Holding out for GTO:

P.S. L is for Loser :D

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum damn good amv dude, but then again my opinion is biased seeing as Slipknots pretty much one of my favorite bands. Aetherfukz, the first one prooved to me you take a shitty song and make it sound good hehe.

Ok this one's done by Deathjoey from youtube

This one by boomtiger I liked it alot actually

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Thanks Fujin.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

I like most of them, show more plz.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I vote Starnum sticky this thread for noobies and so everyone can just be lazy hehe. Also a few more I found just searching youtube.

MGS4 - You're Awful, I Love You - Meryl/Johnny (I know it's a gmv so sue me-_- not literally please)
by PennyxDreadful
I thought it was funny

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mello 5 - Wake Up Call (Director's Cut)
by omgpotatochips

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Berserk - (AMV) The Fight Song(Looking for a berserk amv to post and I was surprised the first one I found was pretty damn good. Perfect song for Gutts)
by NHMK(watermark)

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:I vote Starnum sticky this thread for noobies and so everyone can just be lazy hehe. Also a few more I found just searching youtube.
Well I doubt this thread is in any danger of falling of the first page, but I could do that. I'm gonna wait to see what everyone else thinks first though. Should I sticky this thread guys, or just leave it as is?

Anyway, I like the MGS4 and Berserk videos.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Hey Starnum, what program did you use to make that amv? I'm using windows media mover maker, but the quality seems to be reduced in it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I had to borrow my friend's computer to make that video, and I used a program called Vegas Video.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Damn so I guess you can't tell me how much it costs huh?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:Damn so I guess you can't tell me how much it costs huh?
You can DL that shit quite easy by ripping and cracking it from BT sharing sites like PirateBay.......THough if you bought retail some of those things can cost you an arm and a leg. Adobe Premiere (more advanced/supeior program than Vegas) can cost close to 500-600 bills via retail.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:
fujinsan wrote:Damn so I guess you can't tell me how much it costs huh?
You can DL that shit quite easy by ripping and cracking it from BT sharing sites like PirateBay.......THough if you bought retail some of those things can cost you an arm and a leg. Adobe Premiere (more advanced/supeior program than Vegas) can cost close to 500-600 bills via retail.
Well 600 bills (Dollars I assume, which would be around 300-400 Euros?) is quite the bargain for Premiere. PhotoShop CS3 alone costs around 800-1000 Euros. Oh and AVID, THE industry standard for video editing, costs 3000 for the software plus up to 10000 for the hardware. [/wiseass]

Edit on Topic:

Best DBZ AMV I've ever seen, and one of the best AMVs in general:

HQ Version available here, because the Youtube version doesn't do Scott Melzer's mad timing skills justice.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

This thread needs more AMV posts :D

Just a very nice Tokikake (the girl who leapt through time, still one of my all time favorite movies) AMV. And this just in: Green Day is still made of win.

Erase/Rewind from the Cardigans also really fits this anime:

Old but still awesome: Right now someone is reading this title:

And as a bonus: The Berserk MMV. This is probably already posted in the Berserk AMV thread, but it is just THIS awesome, it shall be posted everywhere :D
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Just foud this funny gem yesterday:

Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

FMP haaa good fucking times.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

More FMP awesomeness. BOOM!

High Quality version available here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=127205

BTW, I've finished reading "A very dancing merry christmas" and am just reading "Continuing on my own" - the 2 first novels after The Second Raid. And holy shit, they are beyond awesome! Can't wait for Tokyopoop to release all the novels officially.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I must have watched the following AMV for about 100 times now (first seen it like 4-5 years ago), but it still sends shivers down my spine every time. Now & Then, Here & There was one of the most... emotionally intense ... anime I have ever watched. And this video does it justice:

Also the first time I heard about Apocalyptica was in this video, so whenever I hear Apocalyptica (like today when a coworker played it in his office :D) I think of this vid.
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

I'm kinda surprised that I didn't see any of these here. These are probably three of my favorite AMVs (aside from Wonders at Your Feet/Berserk, which was already posted here). Oh, and I am not responsible for any of these. Either they made themselves known by marking their creations, or I have no idea who did them.

To preface this first one, I haven't really been into Naruto for some time now and I abhor Linkin Park for the most part. However, this is easily my favorite arc of the Naruto series (Momochi Zabuza/Haku) and the song is very fitting:

Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong accompanying Naruto

E Nomine - Vater Unser accompanying Hellsing

The Beatles - Yesterday accompanying Cowboy Bebop

Sifl & Olly - Ninja of the Night accompanying Naruto