Cosplay

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Cosplay

Post by The Herald »

This thread is for anyone into cosplaying or for figuring out what they'd like to cosplay as in the future.

If you've been reading the Berserk cosplay thread, you're familiar that I am thouroughly divided on who I would be. So, should I be a) Serpico (Berserk) b) Balthier (FFXII) or c) Revolver Ocelot (MGS4)?
Last edited by The Herald on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Cosplay

Post by Starnum »

Whoever you think you could look the most like. I hate seeing cosplays of people that don't physically look anything like the character they're supposed to be. I mean, a costume isn't enough, if you ask me. Unless it's a really amazing one, or something that covers most of your body and face.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

That's why I first wanted to do Roderick, but there are too many problems with that one at the time being. Serpico wouldn't be too hard, he does have a pronounced nose too, and he's caucasian. But Balthier is from FFXII and everybody has the same face in that game. And the last, Revolver Ocelot, would involve a ton of makeup effects to make me look 60. So I wouldn't try it unless I was very ambitious that year, but I do want to do MGS4 before it's too old.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You could try for the young Revolver Ocelot from MGS3, a beret and a uniform doesn't seem too hard.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You know, I did want to do that one, but I don't want to shave my head again. Everybody thought I was a skin head. The game is also a little older so that's problematic in itself.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Everyone is old as hell in MGS4, the only options I see are Raiden which seems like quite a feat to make, and Otakon which isn't that recognizable.

Unless you're willing to go old school or work really hard on your costume, MGS4 is not a good choice.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I thought you meant young Ocelot. That's surely the way to go, if you're gonna do Ocelot that is. I mean, unless you can make yourself look old and similar to his features somehow.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I want to eventually do a Lord Genome cosplay from Gurren-Lagann. I'd actually shave my head for it too. I just can't seem to find any good pics to use as a referrence
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Is that a manga, anime, or video game? The video games are the hardest to get pics from. I had my brother beat Legend of Zelda Windwaker 3 times so I could sketch out Ganon correctly. FFX-2 characters are easy because they have that dossiers thing on Shinra's computer. If it's manga, that's super easy. Just get the book and sketch it out. Same with anime. You kinda have to be a good sketcher for this kind of thing.
Last edited by The Herald on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:This thread is for anyone into cosplaying or for figuring out what they'd like to cosplay as in the future.

If you've been readin the Berserk cosplay thread, you're familiar that I am thouroughly divided on who I would be. So, should I be a) Serpico (Berserk) b) Balthier (FFXII) or c) Revolver Ocelot (MGS4)?
I'm a big Balthier fan. He was one of the best characters in all the series, definitely the most dynamic.

A type of character like he portrayed could have easily have turned out very corny if not pulled off correcly, but turned out to be the star of the show. He was also cool because he got to bang that rabbit chick.

Kind of reminds me a little of Roderick in his demeanor.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I don't think that Balthier was ever intimate with Fran, just like a brother sister thing. By the end he was really falling for Ashe, and that's why the ending of the game annoys me so much. They should have gotten together, it would have been perfect. Maybe a little stolen kiss, in the fast cool style of Balthier. But no, attempting to create chaos was more interesting for the game designers and ended up being a flop story wise. At least Basch (can't remember how to spell his name) took over from his twin, that was good writing.

I don't know about Balthier, he seems to be almost too popular, but I didn't see him at AE 2007. I like Serpico because he's almost easily recognizable, not too difficult, but still an effort, and from Berserk.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:I don't think that Balthier was ever intimate with Fran, just like a brother sister thing. By the end he was really falling for Ashe, and that's why the ending of the game annoys me so much. They should have gotten together, it would have been perfect. Maybe a little stolen kiss, in the fast cool style of Balthier. But no, attempting to create chaos was more interesting for the game designers and ended up being a flop story wise. At least Basch (can't remember how to spell his name) took over from his twin, that was good writing.

I don't know about Balthier, he seems to be almost too popular, but I didn't see him at AE 2007. I like Serpico because he's almost easily recognizable, not too difficult, but still an effort, and from Berserk.
Dude, Balthier was clearly bagging Fran. I don't understand why/how so many people think that Balthier and Ashe should of wound up together. In the first half of the story I perhaps could see these two getting together, but further along in the story, not only was it clear Balthier and Fran were more than just crew mates, but there were various subtle indications that Ashe and Basch's relationship had grown beyond that of duty and redemption.

Even Penelo seemed to suggest these two wanting to get it on during the the ending movie. Just a matter of time before Ashe finds herself taking in the ashe, perhaps when Basche visits for her coronation.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Almost a year later, here is my Desert Punk Cosplay. And yes, I could see out of the helmet.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, okay, cool. I can't really tell what you look like with the costume on, but I guess that's the point. That's okay, the outfit isn't bad. You should post a normal pic of yourself that you like in the mugshot thread though, if you want. Many of us have, it's all good. I just kind of like knowing what the person I'm talking to looks like, but it's whatever, I know some people are shy. XD
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Haha, I guess I do have a mask on 8) . It's not because I'm shy, it's because I like cosplays that have helmets . Anyways, all my photos are the kind I wasn't prepared for with really horrible hat head because I was forced to take off my ballcap. You may see my face when I post my cosplay as Kaneda from Akira :beer:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, alright, no worries. I like anime characters who wear masks too. 8)
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

i'm going to be going as bulma from dbz to the sakuracon in seattle because no one knew i was from dbz when i was videl, not even an android 18. and maybe akira. my buddy is going to be vegeta
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Is that you or just some guy you found on the internet?
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

although it is annoying when someone looks nothing like who they are cosplaying, i think alot can be said for makeing a good constume (one that has some detail that is)

i really want to make a trinity blood Axe agent outfit, and if i make it im gonna wear it, proboly will not go as a particular charcater, i just want to wear the badass costume
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I doubt that's Aether, but I like the pic. It's a good costume.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Nah, that's just some random cosplay pic I found on the net. Just thought it was epic :D
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yay I'm making wings (big ass ones too). I know most will think I'm from Escaflowne, but no dammit I'm making it from my OWN comic book.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I'm considering cosplaying as friend from 20th Century boys.

I don't really like anime conventions, they are usually full of narutards and other undesirable elements of the fandom, but this time I am seriously considering it.
Me and my best friend (who's taking a publicity major) have been working on a documentary on Otakus for some time, from a sociological, economical and psychological perspective. Its main focus will not be anime itself, but the adoption of a faux-japanophilia from their part, and what it implies on all levels.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Here's my Lady Tsunade. Say what you will, i wasn't going for exactness, just wanted to be a character people finally recognized instead of all these ones that people don't. (I don't get why people don't recognize Desert Punk, the anime was done by Funimation ...)

I hate those shoes, I have scars all over my toes because of them.

If I can find someone shorter than me (not so hard at 5'8") to be the Punk I should be Junko.