::One Piece::

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well even for me it took it a while to hook me in. So yeah I would say to continue watching because currently its my favorite on-going series at this point.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
kgnadt
imanewbie

Post by kgnadt »

....20 eps and still not into it? if i am going to waste valuable time b4 finals (yes i know my own fault, etc.) i want it to be well worth it.

still, so many ppl are recommending this series for it's drama and humor. but a lot of the humor i remember is a bit slap-stick, and the drama overdone. at least concerning a tale i heard about the cartographer making money to save her village when she'd be bette roff pulling a dick cheney on the tw@t instead. i liked the bit on zorro and his past rival.

haha thx for the advice so far. i will give it a go instea dof sitting on fence like this ^_^
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

I'd say you'd definitely get into by the Arlong Park arc, that's where it gets awesome.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Psycho Wolvesbane wrote:I'd say you'd definitely get into by the Arlong Park arc, that's where it gets awesome.
Never watched that one I bet it was good too but I think the story doent real start to blossom until the Grand Line IMO that is :lol:

Hey its got some stupid humor in it but the good out ways the bad for sure... that said I read the manga and only downloaded the fights and sence I liked :twisted: must watch Sky Piea arc and A couple of episodes before that too, also the current arc very twisted and suspencful :D
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Well Little Garden was quite a good mini-arc with a good fight that boosted our appreciation of Usopp, Drum Kingdom was also decent with a good back-story for Chopper. Then Arabasta, although long, was a very good arc with a great set of fights involving all the crew. Skypiea, again like Arabasta was long and involved the crew and another good fight and story for Luffy. Awhile after Skypiea is the Water 7 and current anime arc Enies Lobby, again great arc and awesome fights.

One Piece 288 is out by ADC, what an awesome episode.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

288 was funny in the Manga and twice as funny in the anime, 287 was good too Sanji's fight with Califa and setting up all the fight with the strawhats... except for Luffy of course... oh Chibi Luffy was Awesome in 288, it is also amazing the speed at which the fansubers got that one out... they must really want to see these episodes too... with subs that is :twisted:
Psycho Wolvesbane wrote: One Piece 288 is out by ADC
thats funny mine is done by a group named Saber interesting
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Well I did watch the Saber speed sub but I didn't keep it for my DVD collection archive as I prefer ADC over any others, only because of professionalism and what-not.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

289 is subbed by Saber, got to love the speed of the fansubs :)... I could definitely tell that who ever is making the anime series is stretching this arc out with little things that I don't remember in the manga, you also don't start seeing new stuff until about 6 minutes into the Episode, which is about a quarter of the episode!!!... but it still rocks :headbang:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

I always did like Franky's fight in the manga and they animated it well too, I believe they used the art style from movie 6 to anime Luffy in this episode as he seemed a little different than usual.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I havent seen any of the OP movies are they worth watching?? The only anime series movie I have watched was Naruto 2, which was pretty good, and animated better then the series.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

I'd say Movies 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 are the ones to watch, but watch the rest if you want to see them all regardless of decency.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

290 is out :D Chopper must have done this once before because he said sorry to his old master before he takes his last Rumble Pill
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Did you not watch it properly? They had the whole flashback about the aftermath of his first monster transformation back when he was living in the Drum Kingdom Castle.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just watch it... on my last post all I saw was a pic of his current state and the ending of the last one... for some reason I missed that in the Manga :? but that is one of the coolest episodes ever :thumbsup:

Edit: I wonder when the OP is going to get back to kicking CP9's asses all over the place :twisted:291 and 292 are specials that have already aired (I know 291 is I am guessing about 292) they need to get back on track... The manga is far enough ahead that they don't need to worry about it... IMO

2ndEdit: Sure enough story starts back up with 293 and Luffy and Lucci's fight starts on 294 just to let you know :) ... I DLed the raws to find this out :twisted:

3rd Edit: 293 and 294 have been subbed by some unknown subbers Vegapunk?? anyway when I know more I will let you know... and you can find out the quality of these subs for yourselves at http://www.anime-eden.com and if you do please post because I am getting lonely :(
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

295 and 296 have also been translated by Vegapunk and they haven't quite got them subbed yet, but you can download their own RAW and use their subtitle script to synq it with, but you'll need a program like Video Lan Player to watch the sub file and the raw together.

P.S. ADC subbed 293 a while ago and are subbing 292 and 294 soon enough.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Just watched 295 in HD... didnt think there was much difference but I was wrong it is a lot clearer and crisper...

PS these fights kick ass, cant wait to see more :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Sandman wrote:Just watched 295 in HD... didnt think there was much difference but I was wrong it is a lot clearer and crisper...

PS these fights kick ass, cant wait to see more :twisted:
Yeah, the HD makes a huge difference at 720p, I typically burn OP and LOST on the same cd-rw and watch on the wide-screen downstairs with the wife.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Is DVI 1080p or 1080i or 720p or what??
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

I can't wait for the rest of the Zoro versus Kaku fight, I'm a die hard sword-fighting fan so Zoro is one of my all time favorite anime characters.

Also can't wait for the inevitable Gear 2 and 3 showdown Luffy will have against Lucchi!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Dude I said something like that and I got jumped on :evil:

Anyway Watched 298, I got to hand it to Sanji he is a bad ass :twisted:

Cooking comes from God, Spices come from the Devil :twisted:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Anyway the start of Zoro vs Kaku will be in 299 at long last, though it's a shame it lasts only 2 or 3 eps.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I didnt feel it in the Manga but in the anime I do feel that it is kind of weird how they pull these super awesome moves out of their asses :roll: They should have shown some training on the train or something... but I guess they are staying true to the manga.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

All you've seen in those fights (except for maybe Luffy's current warm-up fight with Lucchi) have been depicted almost exactly how they were in the Manga, the only difference would be some of the extra dialogue.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thats true I havent seen them all but the Zoro fight preview made me think about how I felt about their powers and how there was no build up too them...
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

That's the point to some shows like this, when characters just spring out attacks without seeing them it's cool as you don't expect them.