Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Currently Watching?

Post by DrPepperPro »

Oh I just thought of something that could possibly console the Rolos' aching brain: Kikaider
It's not super good, but it's not generic crap either. Give it a watch if you haven't seen it. The series though, not the OAV.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Pinochio meets Frankenstein, by way of Osamu Tezuka?
Good sir, I am intrigued!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

So im still watching steins:gate.
took about 12 episodes for something fucking awesome to happen. [spoiler]Like a character getting shot[/spoiler]
but I am enjoying it.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I just finished Game of Thrones(which I loved) and realized I have nothing else to watch at the moment so I figured I would jump on and get some recommendations from you guys. I haven't watched any anime for about two years, last one I watched was FMA: Brotherhood. Did I miss anything good?

Rolos - Don't waste the internet space responding. Your posts are fucking annoying and often too long to bother reading.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I guess that anime was too depressing for Rolos. Where should we have his funeral, e-funeral?
Or actually it more likely triggered something deep within him, latent lactose intolerance perhaps, or something more psychological. Either way, he's dead now, and someone's gotta clean it up.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Uhm, I wasn't going to answer his post, seeing as he explicitly asked me not to do so (which is kind of a dick-move in a forum-board, but still), but being declared dead is a different matter altogether.
I'm alive!
I just have had nothing to say in this forum, which, by they way, has been deader than the Whig party (I still check it once in a while, since I like it here).
I do realize that the last time I was active 'round these parts I behaved like a fulminating asshole, and for that I apologize.
Not to Gaiseric, though.
Fuck that guy.
I'll also try to be a little less baroque with my posts, if it's really that difficult to read them.
Some good series/movies I've read about (haven't really watched any of them, I've been kind of busy):

-Tekkon Kinkreet
-Kino No Tabi
-Zipang
-Dennou Coil

There's a time and place for sarcasm, strange internet person.

P.S. Game of thrones was fucking awesome. I read the books, too. Not a single original or challenging thought was presented in the span of the, what, 5 books?
Still, it was very entertaining.
~Diogenes of Sinope
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

He lives.

I tried watching Game of Thrones. Didn't like it. My experience was likely jaded by having read some of the books first (couldn't manage to slog through every one) and not enjoying them at all.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I read a few pages back and found a few things that sounded interesting: Code Geass, Eden of the East, Planetes, and High School of the Dead.

Rolos - sorry if that last post sounded a little harsh, I was a bit drunk at the time. :lol:
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

It's cool.
I briefly considered going into a long and detailed diatribe containing no less than 37 references to the sexual promiscuity of your mother, but then figured it wouldn't make any difference, so why bother?
Anyway.
Anyone watched any good anime movies lately?
I watched 'Summer Wars'.
It's well done, I suppose, though the central message of 'Family is everything' is thrown into your face with the delicacy of a man cutting his nails with a shovel.
I thought the bastard was completely justified in doing what he did, held no responsibility for what his creation caused and that the old bitch was a deranged hag whose every action loudly screamed senile dementia, and should have been put down before the movie even started.
Also, the special effects put me off, and made me feel like the movie was trying to say "we know your tiny, minuscule brain could never hope to cope with the complexities of programming, so here are some pictures of a giant rabbit taking over the internet".
Aaaaand, you don't solve complex problems by typing really, really fast, you do it by staring reaaaally hard at the screen for like 45 minutes, occasionally writing something down in a piece of paper.

P.S. The man who invented laugh tracks deserves a gruesome, horrible death.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I watched Appleseed Ex Machina on my phone while on vacation and thought to myself ''I miss my 40'' screen''

The movie? Awesome.
watson88
imanewbie

Post by watson88 »

Right now watching Samurai Champlo

[edit: spam bot? I'm watching you]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, doubtful... The post is on topic after all, heh.
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

He had a link at first to some shitty website... which has since been moderated away.

Back on topic: Watching nothing.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, I see.

Back on Topic: I haven't really been watching much anime lately, or in a good while actually. I mean, I watched a few episodes of something a few weeks ago, but that hardly counts. There are a couple of shows I plan to watch in the future though, like Guilty Crown. I plan on watching Persona 4 as well, but for obvious reasons, I'm going to wait till I finish the game to start that one.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

currently only one piece (and hellsing ova if that counts)

i long for the day when i can add berserk and zetman to the list... soon.. soon :)
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

double post

just watched steins; gate and it was really good. a bit slow start but it's worth it to hang in there. its a bit like terminator meets groundhog day. in short: watch it
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena as a kid and never finished it. I've been picking up episodes here and there lately.

*Update: I started watching Guilty Crown, and caught up on it (current episode: 12). It's actually pretty good, better than I was expecting, to say the least. If you're into the psychological thriller style of mecha anime like me, then this is a must see. I also picked up Persona 4. Only watched a few episodes so far. I love how much like the game it is. I'll only be watching it up to my current point in the game. It's pretty cool seeing the game brought to life in full animation though! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the games, this is a good way to get a taste of some glorious Persona action. It might even make you wanna try out the games, which was probably the main idea. The Persona franchise are anime games anyway, so it's a pretty seamless transition.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Add some psycho love with Mirai Nikki, Starnum!!
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

I just got caught up on Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon). The music is great, and I love how it connects with the story. I recommend this series.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The only "anime" I am currently watching is legend of Korra... the next avatar cartoon from Nick... IT IS AWESOME if you liked Avatar the last Airbender you are going to love this one :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
papasith

Post by papasith »

Been awhile but there has been some pretty amazing anime coming out this season.

Sword Art online, Magi, Psycho Pass, Civilization Blaster (has another part of the title that i cannot remember at the moment), CodeXBreaker, and Ixion Saga are all of the new ones I have been watching.
I highly recommend Sword Art Online and Psycho pass to everyone though.

Sword Art online; is about players that are trapped in a sort of virtual reality MMORPG. This one is seriously good, first episode should be enough to draw you in.

Psycho Pass; This is a Sci-fi story set in a dystopian future where everyone's mental state and tendencies can be quantified and measured by a computer. They can use this to determine someone's mental state and the likelihood of them committing a crime. If someones "crime coefficient" gets to high then they are taken out of society.

Magi; the animation style put me off at first, but this is an anime that is pulling from the arabian nights stories ( Aladdin and Ali baba are early main characters) interesting enough to be curious as to where they will go with it.

Civilization Blaster; Entertaining so far, it is about modern day mages that have performed a coup d'etat in their clan and are attempting to do something that might destroy the world. But two boys are given minor assistance by the clans exiled leader and a few magical focuses to fight back.

Ixion Saga; Similar premise to sword art, kid gets pulled into an MMORPG, but this is more of a humorous show. So far their are more jokes about one character that is a trap and ball jokes (one guy ends up losing his manhood) then i can count.

CodexBreaker; this one has a manga that i think has been out for a bit even if this is the first i heard of it. so far I am enjoying it. I is about secret government agents that have special abilities, and one girl whom is trying to convince on of the main characters to not murder everyone. Yeah the main charcater proclaims himself to be evil. "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, thanks for the recommendations. I watched Sword Art Online and loved it. Considering checking out either Psycho Pass or Code Breaker next.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Have you guys heard about new Ghost in The Shell series coming this summer ?
You should check it out , it looks pretty attractive.
Here is the first trailer :
http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-ceter ... -20130213/

Trailer is Not too amazing .... but still , It's GITS.
Some more Information :
http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/03/13/13284.html
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right now I'm watching a pretty good medieval mecha series called "Broken Blade". It's only six one-hour movies. I recommend it. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the new GITS as well.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

This season was full of suckage unfortunately...