The Cowboy Bebop Appreciation Thread

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: The Cowboy Bebop Appreciation Thread

Post by Starnum »

Necrophilia!

It's Bebop though, so I'll allow it. :P
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I overheard some kind of music class playing "Tank!" and "What Planet Is This" today. They weren't perfect, but still was fun to listen to.

What a coincidence.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

DrPepperPro wrote:This thread gets bumped.

I watched most of the episodes back in the day in english, and of course that dub is great too. Now I rewatched it after like 6-7 years (in japanese this time) and it's even better. Probably due more to the difference in my age than in the voices/translations. There were many little jokes and details that I didn't get back then. All that stuff just makes it so much better.

Btw did anyone notice that Jet is Void's voice in the japanese version.

Necrooing at your age, DrPepperPro? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nah, just kidding. Cowboy Bebop is a great show and its never too late to say it.

EDIT: Crap, I hadn't noticed this thread had a third page. Anyway, I stand by my original post. There are never enough Necro jokes.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Does anyone know any good sites to watch Cowboy Bebop online? I need to watch the whole thing before that stupid movie comes out with Keanu Reaves and ruins it for me.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Fuckin Keanu reeves.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Not the quickest way, but the way I recommend:

http://thepiratebay.org/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:Fuckin Keanu reeves.
I know how you feel, but I still think they could've done a lot worse. This movie has got to end up being better than the DB movie at least. I watched it online like you suggested, and I'm glad I did. It's not even worth watching at the dollar theater. It was absolute shit. I'll reserve my judgment on a Cowboy Bebop movie until I see it, cuz I think it would be a lot easier to do a good CB movie than a DB one. I just hope Keanu's been keeping up on his martial arts since the Matrix, cuz I don't imagine Jeet Kun Do to be all that easy to replicate. :P
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

... i still saw the db movie in theatres on the principal that i love bulma and always will. her hair wasn't even blue :cry:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Her hair wasn't even blue. I mean come on, they didn't even try. That's why that movie sucked so bad. They didn't even try. They couldn't even be bothered to dye the chicks hair, so you know they couldn't take care of the shit that actually matters.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

well, i remember her being a whiny bitch about it, but i just dyed my hair blue and it really is no big deal. though, you gotta be careful when you do karate with a white ogi ....
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
fujinsan wrote:Fuckin Keanu reeves.
I know how you feel, but I still think they could've done a lot worse. This movie has got to end up being better than the DB movie at least. I watched it online like you suggested, and I'm glad I did. It's not even worth watching at the dollar theater. It was absolute shit. I'll reserve my judgment on a Cowboy Bebop movie until I see it, cuz I think it would be a lot easier to do a good CB movie than a DB one. I just hope Keanu's been keeping up on his martial arts since the Matrix, cuz I don't imagine Jeet Kun Do to be all that easy to replicate. :P
I'm not a Reeeves fan but for some reason I don't think he'd be a bad Spike. Like you said they could do a lot worse. He's a big enough actor that at least you know they'd put in a big budget for it.

BTW, I just realized they did a reference to Beverly Hills 90210 on Bebop. LOL...never could have imagined how they could have slipped it in to a show like that.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I was exposed to Cowboy Bebop when they first aired it on Adult Swim back like... 8 years ago or something. The intro alone had me hooked for weeks to come, I still think 'Tank!' is an awesome song. I've yet to see an anime unconventionally fuse together so many ideas and genres and have it work that damn well. The show is definitely one of a kind.

Anyone remember the 'Mushroom Samba' ep? That one is hilarious.