What are you playing?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

What are you playing?

Post by Sandman »

Instead of different threads for each game we are playing, I figured we could have a currently playing style of thread.

I recently played Grand Kingdom which was a great game for the PS4 or PSP vita interesting battle system and character development class system. I liked it but haven't bought it yet...

What are you playing?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Starnum »

Tales of Zestiria. The latest entry in the Tales series, which I'm a huge fan of. I've played Tales of Symphonia, Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, and now this one. These games just keep getting better too. I love how intuitive they are. Like how for example the NPCs have icons (smilies) that indicate if they have something new to say or not. There's just so many little things like that which improve the RPG experience. It really feels like the developers are always thinking of ways to improve the J-RPG genre, and I love that. The worlds feel so alive, and the characters and stories are great. The combat is a lot of fun too. It starts off simplistically, gives you time to get used to it, and then gradually gets more and more complex. Not to mention there's SO much to do. Basically I have nothing but good things to say about this series. They really do a superb job of making you feel like you've fallen into a fantasy anime world. ;)

Here's the opening video for Tales of Zestiria

https://youtu.be/SfQkGqno85Q
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That game looks pretty good I will have to put it on my GameFly list...

So in the end sequence of Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS but I just can't bring my self to finish the game. Challenges always come up and I cant let it go... Although once I am done with Awakening I guess I have birthright to look forward to... But it is the same story line just from a different side not sure if I like how they did this game, one game that you have to buy twice :evil:

Well anyone else playing anything worth mentioning??
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I picked up the new Attack on Titan game last night. I'm definitely digging it so far. They did a pretty good job on the combat system. I'm only a couple hours in so far, but let me know if you have any questions about it.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I'm doin No Man's Sky and Overwatch. Got the Battlefield 1 Open Beta, gonna see if it's worth diving back into.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Let me move my Deus Ex: Mankind Divided post here then. Here's what I wrote in the deleted thread:
I cannot be more hyped for this game. This is the only game I've pre-ordered in years.

I've played the original Deus Ex several times, but I never finish it. I get lost in all I'm doing and completely forget the plot. It's pretty good but I lose focus and get bored. I played Invisible War for like one hour and haven't touched it since. Human Revolution though? Over 200 hours if you group up the Director's Cut version in with the original. Human Revolution has a lot of flaws... so many, but I still love everything it tried to do.

Mankind Divided seems like they finally got the time and money to finish up what DE:HR started, and I can't contain myself. Even the new Hardcore difficulty has me eager to play the game:

https://i.redd.it/sg47rd7m0cgx.jpg
I spent 63 hours playing one single run of DE:MD plus the Desperate Measures DLC. The way I was playing was knock out everyone and then explore everything, talk to everyone, hack/open all doors, get all consumable items, read all e-mails and texts, do all side-missions and points of interest, etcetera. The game is relatively small (compared to something like Skyrim) and short (there are only about 10 necessary missions to beat the main story), but the levels are packed with so much detail that it really takes that long to see it all. Game of the year for me, no doubt about it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Still trucking along in fallout 4 :twisted:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I originally bought Fallout 4 because I wanted to make the mod I did for New Vegas in it, but they took so long to release the GECK (official modding tools) that I got tired of the game.

I was gonna start doing the mod one night when, right after installing the GECK I try running it and it crashes immediately, bringing back all that frustration working with the GECK for New Vegas. Fuck them, seriously. I may yet try again at some point, but I kind of don't want to make a shit game better.

Back on topic, I'm still playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I also sometimes play Dota 2 and Paladins on Steam.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Tried out Titanfall 2 it was alright my kids liked it... but its not for me :evil:

So its back to Fallout 4... I have Skyrim re-mastered waiting in the wings told my self that I am not playing it till I beat Fallout 4.

I have gotten into a real bad habit of not finishing a game and picking up a new one... the only time I find that acceptable is Black Friday :twisted:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I never finished Skyrim, and I had to force myself to finish Fallout 4. The story in both those games is terrible and the quests to get there are a chore.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That's funny my buddy said that the end of Fallout 4 blew his mind... although that is not a hard thing to do I guess :twisted:

Small minds are easily amused :twisted:

Edit: Anyone playing FF15?? Getting it for Christmas

Edit: My kids stole the games I got for Christmas!!!! :evil: oh well I hope they like them... but then I go and look to see if they are playing them nope they are playing games that they have had for a while!!! Fucking Kids.

Edit: SO I got my games back from my kids tried playing FF15 not my cup of tea hack and slash RPG with interesting warp mechanic, storyline is pretty cool but jury is still out for that one. Oldest kid is playing it now. Skyrim is amazing!!! I usually don't get re-mastered games cause I have already played them but I never got the DLC's for Skyrim so I said what the hell its Christmas. haven't got to deep in it yet but still a top ten game for me :twisted: Also playing Grand Kingdom for the PSP vita and it is a good game as well, not sure I like the Kingdom system but everything else is pretty cool Strategy RPG.

I wish they would make Final Fantasy's the old way again like FFX that was the last one I enjoyed all the way till the end. :evil:

Edit: Anyone play for honor yet... it is pretty cool a little to luck orientate or something, but a nice mix of Dark Souls, Dynasty Warrior and mortal kombat... Hope the live version is better than the beta :twisted:

Edit: Berserk is out anyone playing it???? I started playing Star Wars The Old Republic, it seems ok not playing on a powerful machine but still looks pretty good for a MMO... Going to buy Berserk: Band of the Hawk tonight I will let you all know how it is... if you guys care.

Edit: Berserk: The Band of the Hawk is awesome so far just got to keep reminding myself that it is Dynasty Warriors on steroids :twisted: Cant wait till I have the Berserk Armor and the Dragon Slayer!!!!! Oh and repeating crossbow!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, didn't see your *edits because the post didn't update. Feel free to double post every now and then if you need to Sandman, it's all good. Anyway, yeah, I played the hell out of Berserk. It was great, for sure. I've been playing the Endless Eclipse from time to time. Playing as Guts with the Berserker Armor is awesome, no doubt about it. For anyone who's wondering, the game goes up until they set sail, and it ends there. Kind of what I was expecting to be honest.

I've also been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's pretty amazing, tbh. I knew it looked good, but I didn't invest much into it until I started playing it. I was kind of blown away. Not only by how beautiful it looks, we all knew that was coming, but also the story is really good. We've seen things similar to this, but nothing quite like it. I don't wanna give too much away, that isn't readily apparent, so I won't say much more about it. However, overall I thought the setting was really unique, and Aloy is a great heroine to experience it through. It ended up being more than your average open world game for me. There are a lot of things that are familiar about the game-play, but the world and the characters bring it to life and make it feel fresh and new.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks for permission :rulez: :whip: I will only use it when deemed necessary or news worthy :twisted:

My boss is playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and she loves it and she hates console games so that says something... she said I can barrow it but I still have so much to finish... :evil:

She is now playing Mass Effect: Andromeda is any one else?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah definitely check out Horizon when you're finished with your current games. Are you still playing Berserk? I haven't played Andromeda yet. I'm sure I will at some point, but what I've seen of the facial animations, I'm not in a big hurry, lol. XD
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Horizon is defiantly my list but it will have to wait till I can barrow it or Black Friday deals :twisted:

That's funny you mention the facial animations on Mass Effect Andromeda because that was one of my brothers big gripes that and the jumping mechanism... which I bet on the Xbox or PS4 works great :twisted:

Speaking of facial animations I was playing Berserk last night and got to the part where Casca and Guts are talking under the tree stump and the facial animations sucked ass... like they didn't even try :evil:

SO as for mass effect I only finished the first one, played the second one and was like not for me, something had changed and I stop playing... almost like Assassins Creed games for some reason I stopped liking them.

PSN has a cool shooter game out called Draw to Death free for PSN plus subscribers looks cool will see if it looks are deceiving :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So now I'm on Persona 5. Oh man it is so great! A must have for any fan of the series, and I would even recommend it to anyone who likes a good RPG. It's like they've taken everything that makes Persona great and improved and expanded upon it. They even brought back negotiations. So yeah, check that out if you haven't already.

Yeah I played Mass Effect 2 and 3. I liked them well enough, but I'm just waiting for all the patches to go into effect before I play Andromeda. As for the facial animations in Berserk. Yeah I kno what you mean, but unlike with a massive open-world RPG like Horizon or Andromeda, I don't really play that game for the world immersion. The overall look of the game is pretty good, but a lot of the in-game graphic cutscenes could've used a lot of work. There were only a few fully rendered CGI cutscenes. When it comes to Berserk tho, I'll take what I can get, and I thought the combat was a lot of fun. For a Musou game anyway, lol.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I like Andromeda. The animations are pretty bad but the gameplay is so damn right and they brought back multiplayer. It's weird I get overwhelmed with the amount of quests in games like the Witcher but I don't mind all those fetch quests in Andromeda
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Verville
imanewbie

Post by Verville »

dialdfordesi wrote:I like all the Quick Extender Pro benefits and Andromeda. The animations are pretty bad but the gameplay is so damn right and they brought back multiplayer. It's weird I get overwhelmed with the amount of quests in games like the Witcher but I don't mind all those fetch quests in Andromeda
I'm currently playing Overwatch. Also looking forward to Destiny 2 on PC in a week or so. Anybody else?
Last edited by Verville on Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Played Fire Emblem Ecchos of Fates that was different, if you have ever played the games this one is the black sheep of the series run around action during the levels and no axe wielders!!!! wtf :evil:
Verville wrote:I'm currently playing Overwatch. Also looking forward to Destiny 2 on PC in a week or so. Anybody else?
I don't know why but I hate overwatch and Destiny and Destiny 2.... I guess I haven't liked a FPS since Halo 3ish... Recon was good but there seems to be too much packed in the game play with all the specials and shit... I will be trying out CODWW2 when it comes out that should be more my style :twisted:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

As an old quake player, I would recommend you new Quake Champions with pleasure...., but on current state the game is almost unplayable.
Some weapons are broken. Net code is shit . But in spite of all of that - the game is gonna be awesome in half a year or so. Berserk fans should also like the style of the game
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Recently finished The Evil Within 2 and now I'm on to Assassin's Creed Origins.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Starnum wrote:Recently finished The Evil Within 2 and now I'm on to Assassin's Creed Origins.
How did you like The Evil Within 2, Starnum?

Mikami is a great game director with lots of ideas, liked The Evil Within 1 a lot ....but this one is terrible. Poor story, poor gameplay , stupid and uninteresting enemies. It looked like the game was abandoned by developers on half-way.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I hadn't really thought about it till now, lol. I liked it well enough, but I'm generally not that critical of things. I see what you mean tho, it wasn't as good as the original. Now that you mention it, I see it wasn't directed by Mikami. I didn't know that till now, but it makes sense.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

So haven't played in awhile but my kid got Monster Hunter World and it is awesome!!! Probably the coolest MMO (that you don't have to play MMO style until you find a monster that is to hard to kill) that I have ever tried... There is also a Metal Gear Survival which was also really cool just played the beta a little while ago and fuck in a it was really cool hard and realistic... except for the zombies :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I wanna play Monster Hunter World but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been jamming on Dragon Ball Fighterz, Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, and Skyrim VR. All pretty good games. I'm like hella pissed at the last boss of Dissidia right now, but I'm sure I'll manage to kick his ass at some point. I really like the game, I just wish I had other people to play with. I feel like if I could coordinate my attacks with people I kno, we could dominate as a team. The Dragon Ball game is pretty phenomenal. I'm a fan of the style and it really seems to bring the anime and fighting style to life in a way none of the other games really managed to, IMO. As for Skyrim, well it's Skyrim in 3D, i.e. badass. Not much else to say about that, lol.