Death Stranding

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Death Stranding

Post by Starnum »

All aboard the motha-fuckin hype train!

https://youtu.be/wJJWwz0GQsY
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Re: Death Stranding

Post by LordMune »

Kojima hasn't chosen an engine to build the actual game in yet nor has he assembled a full team. Looking forward to riding this hype train for a full four to five years! :D
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LOL, no doubt. Knowing Kojima tho, it'll be well worth the wait. ;)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Started the trailer and was way weird-ed out then the guy ends up looking like Darrel from walking dead... then it is Darrel!!! Game could be cool not sure about all the dead sea life fucking freaky and a little to close to home with the whole Fukashima nuclear power plant radiating the pacific... oh well still would check it out though.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's too good.

Anywho, Kojima is trying to say that the KojiPro mascot Ludens(?) Ludence(?), whatever his name is, isn't Norman's character from Death Stranding, but I call bullshit on that. If you look at the picture of him without the helmet, it clearly looks like Norman. Also, in the picture of him with the facemask on, it bears the caption "I'll Keep Coming", which is the name of the song played in the DS trailer. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this game. I know it's a long ways off, but I'm curious to see what Kojima does with it. From the sound of it, and knowing how Kojima is an innovator, it sounds like it will be the beginning of a new genre. Kojima says it will feel familiar at first, bearing elements of an action game, but as you get into it more, you'll start to realize it's nothing like anything you've played before. Kojima talks a lot of shit, I know, and he's not opposed to straight up lying if it means protecting the mystique of his games, but when it comes to claims like this, he never disappoints. He said he was doing something never done before with The Phantom Pain, and I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a game where all the players on a network had to achieve a near impossible goal to unlock a secret cutscene. So when the man says he's defining a new genre, I believe him. If I had to guess tho, this seems like it will be some kind of Scifi Thriller. I can't wait to see what his twisted genius comes up with this time around. XD
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

I think i got the hidden meaning .... In this trailer Kojima asks to donate him 1 000 000 $ .
Yes.A long time ago that sum was promised to the first man who will be able to give a birth.
That's right ! he says "I'll keep coming ....but....with no money - no child would be born."
So how do you like that you Fox-face !? i read you! You won't fool me as much as you did in P.T.
Hate you bastard!
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Norman Reedus naked on a beach simulator.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I've been burned too much by the hype machine so I will wait patiently til the game's details are tangible.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Set your hype machines to maximum overdrive.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

WTF did I just watch?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That is some spooky shit right there :twisted:

Interesting concept aliens driving tanks using soldiers as hosts... I think it has been done before but I like the spin they are taking. One thing is for sure it looks like a star studded cast... the soldier was the guy that played the bad guy in Dr Strange movie!!! Hope all the star power doesn't take away from the game :evil:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Kojima actually put his friend Guillermo into the game . . . So? Will we have a chance to see Kojima himself as one of protagonists then? What do you think?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Could be I am just wondering what type of game this will be action adventure/ puzzle/ FPS/ Jump Scare/ looks like it would make for a good cgi movie from what I have seen.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

According to Kojima, it's an action game, but the more you play it, the more you will realize that it's not like any other action game you've played. We'll see how that claim turns-out, but in my experience, Kojima rarely disappoints.