Fallout 4

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Fallout 4

Post by Sandman »

ITS HERE, AND IT IS AWESOME :twisted:

Let me know what you think... unless you hate the series than SHUT THE FUCK UP :evil: JK

Played five hours and I am hooked :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Fallout 4

Post by War Machine »

Story variation, quest branches, and faction interaction, are laughable compared to New Vegas. I didn't expect Bethesda to beat Obsidian in that regard anyway, so no surprise there. But, other than the typical complaint I have with Bethesda of making very few and/or meaningless choices (Bethesda makes bad RPGs), I am enjoying the game a lot because the content makes up for it. While they didn't improve much on what made Fallout 3 bad, they did improve a lot on what made Fallout 3 good. Exploration is very rewarding, the settlement management is fun and interesting, and the combat is as fun as ever. I have a lot of minor complaints, but I'm still glued to the game, so it's doing something right.
Last edited by War Machine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I agree on some points... I have found some glitches ( people stuck in stuff and items that seem un obtain able :evil: ), and some dislikes. Not having to repair your weapon is weird, enemies popping up out of the ground suck especially rad scorpions power armor suits kind of suck... theres more but the good parts are cool:

Modding your weapons and armor awesome, but having to carry the mods sucks. :evil:
Visual effects with weather and new enemies :Twisted:
Ammo is abundant but not able to make your own like vegas... but that was a pain in the ass for me :evil:
Grab everything it could be useful :twisted:
Scoping is nice but hate the moment of black right before the cross hairs come up
VATS is slow mo instead of pause not bad but when you want to shoot all of them but one of them is chomping at your heel suck.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad...

EXPLORING IS AWESOME you never know what you are going to find... also perk system is pretty cool. :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Bloody Mess perk... always the "bloody Mess". :)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Bethesda always has those problems. Problems where I think "did they even play their own game?" Small annoyances that don't make sense. I'll add to your list, Sandman:
  • One of the speech choices usually only says "sarcasm", but doesn't specify if the character will answer yes or no (or what the sarcasm will be about), so he sometimes says "yes" sarcastically and sometimes "no" sarcastically.
  • Survival difficulty only makes bullet sponges out of every enemy, and they kill you in a single attack burst (all machine guns, regardless of stated damage output, are the deadliest weapons when enemies use them against you). It really should be that we both kill each other quickly instead.
  • You can't stack a single perk early because every additional level in the perk has a level requirement, so the game doesn't let me stack Iron Fist and Toughness for my Unarmed Melee build and I am essentially gimped for most of the game if I don't use guns. This also makes stacking a SPECIAL stats useless, since you can't focus build necessary perks and the advantages other than unlocking a perk tier are not as significant. I think it would make more sense to instead tie additional levels to the SPECIAL stat they are in, in other words, if you want Iron Fist level 4, you would need 10 Strength instead of the original 1 Strength requirement. That feels more fair.
  • Changing weapons automatically reloads them, so any slow reloading animation is avoidable (shoot Missile Launcher, change weapon, change back, weapon is reloaded and you can shoot again).
  • Enemies (and allies) that have a Fatman (the mini nuke launcher) shoot it at point blank range indiscriminately (huge problem for melee builds).
  • Some enemies have infinite grenades and they don't stop spamming them, nor do they ever miss (they remind me of Call of Duty grenades). The usual problem is that they throw a molotov, so you hide a bit, and as soon as the fire clears and you're about to shoot, they throw another, and this process repeats 10 times in a row. I've also been on a roof of a 3-4 story tall building, sniping down at some enemies and they fucking never miss a single molotov throw.
  • Having to hold a button for a second or so before being able to throw a grenade, instead of tying grenade throwing to an independent button (by the time the grenade can be thrown, you're already dead).
That's all I can remember for now, but there's definitely more. And yes, Bloody Mess is awesome.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I guess I haven't got that far in the game to notice most of the things you are talking about... Stacking perk problem is something they probably did so that you cant finish the game in a hour, which was the case in fallout 2 (my friend knew where everything was and knew what perks to get and could finish that game very quick, so I guess what I am saying is sucks to be a melee-er :evil: )

I never use sarcasm... in the game :twisted: cause like you said you never know what is going to happen, but it is fun if you just want to fuck around.

Havent had much trouble with grandes but I was wondering if they ran out because they throw a lot and when I loot them they still have like 5... I will have to test this theory more.

No VATS for grenades sucks that is a big beef for me :evil: and cant throw through an opening in a wall killed my self a couple of times on that one.

Still Loving the game though Play on Waste landers :twisted:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Sandman wrote:Stacking perk problem is something they probably did so that you cant finish the game in a hour
Nah, that can't be the reason. The game stands pretty well in length by itself with all the areas to explore, regular side-quests to complete, and the endless side-quests as well (the ones where you protect a settlement for example, they always come up, and they also reset an area with new loot to get).

The level requirement made sense once I found out about the following: There is no level cap. You can eventually make a perfect stat character with every single perk.

I'm kinda mad about this actually. The first mod I'm gonna add is one where they add a level cap and the level requirements for the perks are removed (maybe replaced with stat requirements).

A couple of more annoyances for my list:
  • Leveling SPECIAL stats for anything other than unlocking a perk tier is useless. There are no stat or perk checks (other than Lady Killer/Black Widow) in any dialogue ever, so you can't ever have a situation where you use your high Intelligence to convince someone to use a solar panel to power a robot, or the Medic perk to heal someone who's hurt.
  • There are only 4 Unarmed/Fist weapons in the game. Just 4. Fuck you for trying to make an unarmed melee build in this game.
By the way, I figured out how to effectively game settlements, and it's not that difficult. I just follow these steps:
  1. Get the local leader perk so you can share the workshop items between settlements. Once you have it, have, say 2 people per settlement, share the resources with a new settlement (be that an empty one or just one that you want to grow).
  2. Since you now share resource with the new settlement, build about 15 beds of the cheapest kind wherever the hell you want (only the fact that they exist in the settlement matters, so you can but them anywhere).
  3. Make about 4 water pumps (or the bigger water producing items if they happen to be cheaper to make).
  4. Plant food in a tightly compacted area, preferably one of each kind of food since what is gathered will be given back to you as a Workshop resource, and you want all kinds of food at your disposal for crafting purposes. Then assign someone to pick it for you (once you assign someone, the food value will begin to increase, make sure to hit around 15). If there are no settlers in the town yet, then don't worry, someone will automatically harvest it once people come in.
  5. Make 3 turrets of the cheapest kind (this is one area where over-spending is welcome since settlements can get attacked from time to time, so go above 15 if you like).
  6. Once you have all the previous items done, finish up with one power generator (cheapest kind) and one Comms Tower (and connect them, obviously) so that settlers come into the town.
  • Bonus: Make the scrap shelf (forgot what it's called, but it's under Misc) that lets you get some extra scrap items from the settlement.
  • Bonus: Make the huge mortar that is available after you take back The Castle so you can bombard any area you want with the smoke grenades (the smoke grenades are infinite, they respawn in a box back at The Castle whenever you run out).
Once you got all the previous things, the settlement will grow. If you have other perks then you can make them have shops and medics, or anything else you need. I think that once your Charm stat is maxed and the settlement Happinnes is high, the settlement will have a max capacity of 20 people, or so I've heard. I haven't gone over 13 on any settlement yet, though (which is why I'm recommending 15 for food, water, defense, and nothing more).
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

No level cap WOW what were they thinking... well I guess I don't have to worry about what perks I choose... that was something you had to do in the other games was pick and choose so when you hit level cap you have what you want... not a big deal for me but I could see how others would be pissed. :twisted:

Unarmed combat is for those who want a challenge... guns are for people who want to play the game :twisted:
But only having 4 fist weapons is pretty lame :evil:

Thanks for the little guide to settelments, probably my least favorite part of the game... I am an explorer and I don't need a place to call my own... now I want to listen to Metallica turn the page :twisted:

Keep up the good fight wastelanders :thumbsup:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, I'm the same with the settlements. I like the idea and everything, but right now, I just wanna explore. So the less time I spend on settlements the better.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I noticed there is no option to be bad like aligning with raiders or anything... I would like an option to be bad like KOTR but that might be asking to much :evil:

Kendal Hospital there is a very nasty surprise at the bottom of the highest floor in the lowest dungeon... just realized that it is a lord of the ring reverence :twisted:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Sandman wrote:I noticed there is no option to be bad like aligning with raiders or anything...
This is Bethesda, man.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

But didn't they do elder scrolls with a similar style... Dark brother hood and thief's guild... good people would run from you and Bad guys would help you or whatever... I just want to be a raider sometimes you know no worries no attachments just a killing machine with no morals or taste in clothing :twisted:

Edit: Getting tired of fast traveling and enemies being right there boom dead fuck you it didn't auto save :evil:

Edit: Update to xboxone makes the environment look more like a new game instead of Skyrim with a fallout skin... PC got a better update with destructible environments and stuff.

Edit: New DLC out Automaton its alright so far but if you hated sentry bots before you are going to hate the fuck out of them now :twisted: