PS4

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

PS4

Post by Sandman »

Got a PS4 for Christmas and I have to say I am disappointed. Not many exclusive games, and third party is going to continue developing PS3 and xbox360 games??? So what was the point?? Oh well hopefully it has some kind of breakthrough soon or else I am going to play me PS3 instead. Controllers are cool but the battery life SUCKS BALLS you can play a game for a couple of hours before it goes out and then you go to plug it in to the system to continue to play. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves and also the one thing that Xbox has over PS... batteries are dead got to plug it in or batteries are dead let me get some new ones... :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Re: PS4

Post by Starnum »

That's why I'm waiting till next year to get mine. It always takes time for a new console to build up a decent library, and they always continue to make games for the previous generation of consoles for at least a year or two after the next gen comes out. Plus I wanna give 'em some time to work out the kinks. XBone is way worse tho, IMO. Any system that requires me to login to the internet to play my games is a no go for me. Also, it costs more and doesn't look as good, which is pretty sad to say in a console generation with only a moderate improvement in graphics.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I have to agree with Starnum here. If you remember the PS3 on launch didn't have a lot of its current features (it got the in-game XMB menu access almost 3 years after launching) and the library takes some time to grow (I remember how everyone praised Resistence: Fall of Man as a great game only because it was the least crappy launch title, people are hard pressed to remember the game series even existed now). I'll probably get the PS4 once the price is better and there is a larger number of exclusive games I want to play, although with MGS5: Phantom Pain being ported to PC, it'll probably be much later when I do that since that is the only game I was looking to get.

I built my gaming PC about 3 years ago and with the Steam prices of games ($12.50 for the entire GTA game series for example) and the convenience of having a powerful computer with all your stuff in one place it's becoming harder and harder to bother buying console games. Last few games I bought for PS3 were console exclusive and I waited till they were cheap.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't have a very powerful computer, so I'll be getting my PS4 just in time to play MGS5, as I am a massive MGS fan. I can't wait to play The Phantom Pain, and for those who aren't in the know, March of 2015 is a pretty safe bet on when it will be released. I also want to play AC: Unity, so that's another selling point for me. I'm not too excited about any of the PS4's new features, but I might give the live streaming thing a try. At the very least it'll be interesting to be able to record my game-play and post any cool vids I accidentally or intentionally make, lol. I remember Sony saying the PS3 would be good for 10 years when it first came out. By March it will be 8 years since I bought my first PS3, so I'd say they did fairly well. I'll forgive the fact that it's 2 years too early, lol.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

if you guys got PS4 ,I can recommend you to check out Demo version of game called "P .T ."
I guess ,big part of you will be ....happy .. to play it / and if you beat that demo , you will be happy even more.

P.S
Looks like "boys" we all know decided to unite.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That was bad ass... Watch IGN play through and scared the shit out of me :evil:

Silent Hills looks awesome cant wait... still no release date oh well
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Indeed.
it's hard to even imagine what will Kojima put in there.On the one hand, good to know that lots of ex-Team Silent members (+Yamaoka) are working together again ,but ... Hell ... on another hand ..., I will think 3 times before playing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY91vV0rWr4

those ..games nowadays have come too far.It's hard to call them "games" anymore.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

found another thing that I don't like about PS4, unless there is a fix out there that I don't know about, no media server or external device video player... I have a lot of movies on usb drives that I cant watch on my PS4, a lot of them are kids movies that they don't have on dvd any more or they are all scratched up. Thanks ps3 for showing up your replacement. :evil:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Wow, I'm definitely not gonna get the PS4 any time soon.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I would definitely wait... which is what I should have done but hind sight is 20/20... the only thing I us it for is blu ray player and the digital download games that I get for free for signing up to PlayStation network which is 50 but worth it in my opinion.
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

I don't get the rush for the new consoles, especially in the current climate of the industry. Nowadays, you can customise a gaming pc to have the best graphics and sound compared to console technology today. I read in articles that the ps4 technology is inferior compared to many gaming rigs.

I still have my ps3, but I can wait for another 2 years before I decide to upgrade to a console or a gaming pc.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Lots of PS4 and Xbox one deals for black Friday... nearly out for a year and already $100 price drop that's pretty good... for us :twisted: