Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Fighters Discussion

Post by Starnum »

Not Tekken!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

That's my exact reaction to the overpowering of Sagat. No amount of Dan taunts are gonna beat a Sagat spammer now.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Those Hitler videos are always great, although I was expecting him to say "Everyone who mains Sagat, Ryu, or Ken needs to leave the room now" instead talking about forum members.

Pretty much all of those new ultras looks amazing, I just hope they are as practical as the other Ultras. Cammy's looks kinda useless, since counter supers are based almost solely on mind games or your opponent being an idiot. I guess if it had an instant or near instant start-up it could be useful.
ImageImage
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Double posting because I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

For those of you living in a cave for the last few days, 3rd Strike characters (Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto) confirmed for SSF4. Also, the rumors about this "Hakan" character seem to be dead on.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoOqT4oynzo

At first I was a little taken aback by Dudley's voice, but then I realized that whining about (English) voice acting in Street Fighter 4 is retarded. I guess anime fans are jizzing their pants because of this Hajime no Ippo (sp?) style "Dempsey Roll" he does in his one ultra.

I kind of wish they showed everyone's focus attacks so I could confirm or deny my impression that every new characters focus is an overhead (Makoto's is, Adon's and Juri's look like it, and I seem to recall Cody's looking like one)
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I finally got Super.

Who wants to play me and my godly (not really) Guy?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

On Xbox or PS3?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Bawks.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Prepare yourself scoundrel, to face the mighty HOT PINK T.HAWK

Behold your destiny:
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ugh, Gay Hawk sucks.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Prepare yourself scoundrel, to face the mighty HOT PINK T.HAWK

Behold your destiny:
Funny thing about this picture?

I main Guy with that exact color.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm gonna say it before he does:

I got rocked by Tempest earlier.

I need a mic.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:I'm gonna say it before he does:

I got rocked by Tempest earlier.

I need a mic.

Meh, it's just because I've had the game longer. Also I know Guy doesn't have the easiest learning curve. From what I recall, a really key component to his game is abusing his target combo. His Bread and Butter is something like dropping elbow, Target combo, EX shoulder ram.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm having flat out execution problems at this point.

Example = I can't for the life of me cancel from Guy's chain into his shoulder rush consistently.

I noticed that I failed to punish in a lot of places too.

Also, as I'm sure you could tell, there are about 3 characters I feel comfortable using (Guy, Cody and Abel who I messed around with in regular SFIV for like a week).

Haven't even touched the 3rd Strike cast yet.

Bottom line: me in SSFIV = a work in progress

PS: I should be getting a mic on Thursday for trash talking purposes.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wish I could fight you guys. I'm actually getting pretty good at this game. I'm nothing too special, but I've been practicing a lot, and even getting to the point where I can consistently beat all my friends. Just ask HalfnHalf, he was pwning me all over the place before, but now I can even give him a run for his money. Though I haven't gotten to fight him in a while, and I've only gotten better since I was giving him a good challenge several weeks ago. XD

My top 3 are Ken, Cody, and Juri. However, I can also play several other characters like Cammy, Fei Long, Akuma, Rose, and Abel. I can play the other characters too of course, but those are probably my best. I mostly do endless battle with my friends, so I don't do the ranked that much, but right now I have over 700 PP, which isn't nearly as much as I'd like. My Ken is still only C rank with 1300 BP, but that'll eventually be even higher. ;)
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Man the next 2 years are going to be jam packed with fighting game goodness. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition will more that likely be DLC, but still it's like getting another game entirely since it's rumored to have 6 more characters (2 of which have already been revealed). Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was announced yesterday also and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown's name has recently been registered for console distribution by Sega. We also have Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter to look forward to over the next 2 or 3 years. Only thing now is to hope that all these games don't get thrown onto use all at once.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

BlazBlue, woot! I still wanna play the new Marvel vs. Capcom.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I've been playing some SSFIV, TEKKEN 6, BlazBlue CS again recently... The Tekken 6 community on XBL has nothing but rage quitters now and people who like to complain about bound combos being cheap. I haven't had rage quitting problems with SSFIV... just one person.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things before Final Round XIV in Atlanta. I'm definitely looking forward to play MVC3 at the tournament since it will be fresh for most people. Justin Wong and crew have probably played test versions of the game a few times by now.

I'm also thinking about picking up the new Mortal Kombat once that hits... I'm not a fan of crappy animation, but a lot of guys in my area are going to play and I want to at least get decent at it. They are all saying my time has come to taste defeat since they are all supposedly awesome at Mortal Kombat. But if you mash in one fighter, you mash in all fighters.

I'm pretty stoked for Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken Tag Tournament 2

And we have Tekken x Street Fighter and Soul Calibur V out in the distant future.

I'm still waiting on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to show up on a console. :-(
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I've been getting into SSFIV again lately myself. I've been using Akuma and trying to get a B rank, but you need so much damn BP. It takes forever. I like the ranking system much better than SFIV's, it feels much more rewarding when you win a match. SFIV's ranking system got boring pretty quickly.

I'm very eager to get my hands on Marvel vs Capcom 3, I loved the Akuma and Taskmaster reveal videos today. Akuma looks like a ton of fun to play as. The properties of his Raging Demon super have been changed, he travels across the screen much faster and has invincibility frames, something I never expected, but it's awesome. It doesn't do ridiculous damage like usual, but it should be interesting to be able to use it as a counter against assists and supers.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Who's got MVC3? The game is insaaane
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I did. I was pretty underwhelmed by it.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

A friend brought MvsC3 over a few weeks ago and I had the same reaction as brunoafh here. The effects and all the visuals look cool, but the gameplay is pretty lacking, I feel like I'm playing DBZ Budokai with how easy it is to make combos and everything. And Capcom milking this game to hell doesn't help my desire to get it now (they already have Shuma Gorath and Jill ready to bring in the extra cash), I'm gonna wait for the HD Remix version cause we all know it's coming out at the end of the year.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I haven't played it yet, but I want to. A friend of mine said it seems basic at first, but that there's more depth the better you get at it. He even said there was a bit of a learning curve. I don't know if that's true, but that's what he said. I guess I'll find out eventually. He just said that there's a noticeable difference between someone with no experience playing the game, versus someone with some experience, and then even more so with someone with a lot experience. I'm waiting to buy it till I try it out first, but I haven't gotten it from Gamefly yet. Playing Dead Space 2 now, great game! I may not even buy MvC3, we'll see. I'll probably hold out for the HD Remix as well if I decide I want a copy of this game. Kind of like how I bought SFIV, then they came out with SSFIV. I don't wanna have to buy 2 games again, so I'll probably just wait. Hell, I bought both of those games, and rarely even play SSFIV anymore. It's nice to have if I decide I want to though, just sayin'. Either way I'm still definitely looking forward to renting it and trying it out for a while. I try not to buy too many games, because I have a tendency to play them till I finish them, and then move on to the next. So unless it's something I know for a fact that I'll really like, and/or play over and over again, I usually don't buy them right out of the gate. I usually like to try the games out first and then decide if I absolutely have to have it. I mainly just rent games with my Gamefly account. Though some I will buy as soon as they come out. Others I will buy used (or once they go on sale) once I find out how much I like them, and it seems like something I could get a lot of replay out of it.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I had the game and returned it 2 days after, the gameplay is too easy for my liking, almost automatic, I'm a big Guilty Gear fan, so I like depth.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're the least bit knowledgeable on fighting games such as Guilty Gear, you'll breeze through opponents, I had 27 matches online and I only lost 3 of them cause of X-factor, which boosts the character's damage by a large margin, even the chip damage while blocking, it just goes away and all 3 of them were Sentinel users, that character is too overpowered.

My usual team was: Trish, X-23, Zero/Dante

On another note, I can't wait for Mortal Kombat, by the gods, the demo is amazing!
Everyone keeps moaning that Sub-Zero is slow etc, but these people just fail to realize that Sub can FREEZE his opponents!
While the faster characters are indeed faster with their combo's but a lot more punishable, like Scorpion, his teleport skill, if it gets blocked, hes up in the air for a second completely vulnerable, it's also like that with his regular combo's, he always takes a lot more time to sheath his blades back, same goes for Mileena and Johnny.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I've heard the X-Factor is kind of over-powered, and possibly even game breaking. I'm a Guilty Gear fan as well. Blazeblu is pretty cool too. I like fighters in general though, some more than others. I'm a big Street Fighter fan as well, of course. Still looking forward to playing the new versus game when I get a chance though. SSFIV is a pretty solid fighting game though, but I'm not really surprised with these reports of versus 3, that series has always been an inferior fighting game that's mostly about flash, but it can still be fun. I haven't cared about MK since way back in the day, but I'm looking forward to the new game. I like how they seem to be taking it back to the old-school. I'm sure it's got some good extra features, but I've always thought it was silly with all that crazy extra stuff they've done with a lot of the other games they've been making over the past decade. I especially like that they're returning to the 2D axis. The graphics seem pretty solid, I like how it keeps track of the cosmetic damage, and it looks like it should be a lot of fun. I too enjoyed the demo a good deal. Sub-Zero has always been my favorite character, so I'll be looking forward to playing him and Scorpion, among others. I was a little surprised to see how little his X-Ray attack does compared to Scorpion and Johnny Cage, and he is a bit slower, but like you said, at least he can freeze people. That does make a difference, to an extent. Anyway, I think it's going to be the best MK in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I like DC as much as the next guy, but MK vs DC was a joke, heh.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

MKvsDC IS a joke, it's degrading!

Heh, I did a test today, just a curious test, so I chose Scorpion on easy and got to fight Mileena, you know the easy mode AI hardly does anything, so I just kept jabbing with Scorpion in Mileena's face, after a while, Mileena's thong strap suddenly fell off, I was like "wha..? LOL" it obviously needs a bit of fixing with the hit detection, but I also heard that the demo build is quite old, so it might have been fixed a while ago.