Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Fighters Discussion

Post by Femto »

MvC3 is too much fun.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

So the Continuum Shift II patch is finally happening for BlazBlue. Looks like it's time to get back up to snuff.

Really wish they'd just make a new Guilty Gear though. Still, you have to commend Arc Systems for putting some new IPs out there, something that the fighting genre is very resistant to.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

They only did that so they could bring in the next generation of gamers, that's why it's easy mode, unlike Guilty Gear, for which it stands for, hard as fuck to master but rewarding as fuck heh.

I'm playing the PC version of Guilty Gear XX Reload online with some sort of netplay, it works nice but most people are scrubs on it mainly from Poland and Bulgaria and they ragequit when you beat them badly, I have one nasty beat down with Sol, if you like to see it just say the word, there is this replay function which automaticly records every match, so I can just record that.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm trying out MvsC3 now. I will admit, it is pretty fun. I haven't had it long though, so I'm still a ways away from "mastering" it. So I can't really say much about the actual quality of the combat yet. I am enjoying it though. It does seem kind of easy I suppose, but I still haven't gotten all the mechanics down, or fought anyone online yet. So it's really still too early to say. I was never expecting a masterpiece of a fighter with this game anyway though, so I don't really have any complaints for this game as of yet. The graphics are really nice though, and so far I've gotten mostly what I expected. Which is to say lots of awesome characters (some less than others, heh) and plenty of flash. As long as the controls are solid, which they seem to be, then I'm content with this game for the most part.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

That new Mortal Kombat is pretty fun, but the story is way too awful. I'm glad they didn't do away with the ladder. Challenge tower and test your luck neat if you want something different when you fight. I haven't tried online thanks to PSN :'( but tag matches are neat. The fatalities are delightfully bloody.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

There are a few thing I don't like about the new MK.

AI, it's still the same as 19 years ago, trace and counter...
Combo's, they have to be chained accordingly and there is a bit of input lag and they promised us that players could create their own combo's which isn't the case at all, only thing you can create is a scrub way to juggle, that's about it...

Things I like, the overal feel of the game, concepts etc.

And who knows when PSN will be back up?
Last edited by Aluja on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandimas
notanewb

Post by sandimas »

lol psn is dead for months to come! we hackers killed it! :lol:
banned from evil genius twice, from sk.net twice, facebook a lot, cant count, from hi5 too many!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

sandimas wrote:we hackers
His stupidity knows no bounds. :lol:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

No kidding, he keeps landing at the wrong locations....
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I said in another thread that I was interested in Skull Girls cause a friend of mine was really pushing it, telling me it was going to be great once the PC version is finished and much better than the console versions. Well, he later let me play his beta version and the game is just Marvel vs Capcom with new sprites. There was absolutely nothing remarkable and I was very underwhelmed considering how much my friend was hyping the game.

Anyway, I still felt like maybe the game would be passable if I saw how pros played the game, so I checked out the Skull Girls tournament at EVO and it was just a series of 100% health combos. Fucking ridiculous.

Here's the video if you care to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-_GEgYqwA

I don't care for the game anymore.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Kordell
imanewbie

Post by Kordell »

anyone still playing smash brothers brawl? its still fun to play after all this time. im really looking forward to the release of the new one on Wii U though.
a burden is in my soul...perfection is my goal