Diablo 3

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Diablo 3

Post by Sandman »

Pretty fun so far not to crazy about always needing to be connected to the internet to play... people with laptop and no mobile internet must be really pissed :evil:

Started playing the monk definitely a welcome addition to the classes... I wonder what classes they will have with the expansion pack... I don't plan on playing online for some odd reason diablo isn't the same when u are playing with others... probably because I want all the loot to my self :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Diablo 3

Post by dialdfordesi »

Witch Doctor is my shit. I know once I beat normal I'll be getting my butt kicked, but right now it's so damn fun.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

new patch and now authentication issues i just wanted a single player game that didnt require the internet :evil: :stupid: :wtf: :censored:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Agreed,Internet Connection require is shit ... I hope Blizzard will do something with it ..... if not ,then need to download cracked one(cant belive i said it about one of the Blizzard games....)
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

There aren't any good cracked versions yet, since all the AI and game logic comes from Blizzard's servers. So all of that needs proper emulation, which will take a while. This site is a good news source for progress on the various server emulators: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The problem I see is that they intend to build the auction with real money, and they cannot allow offline single player because hacked items would be easier to acquire. From what I see though, the game is far from finished, hopefully they'll add an offline mode. As for me, I've been playing almost exclusively with friends it's been a blast, the game is a lot of fun.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Definitely ,Offline mode would be perfect ... But i'm sure on their servers will be much more treasures and bonuses, than in Single or any Emulation server .... As it was with Diablo 2 and Battle.net only runewords(for example) , which were useless in singleplayer or anywhere else.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Texanian wrote:Definitely ,Offline mode would be perfect ... But i'm sure on their servers will be much more treasures and bonuses, than in Single or any Emulation server .... As it was with Diablo 2 and Battle.net only runewords(for example) , which were useless in singleplayer or anywhere else.
The PlugY mod for D2 emulated some of the world events from the battle.net servers, and if someone really put their mind to it they could have done runes and everything else too. There just wasn't much demand for that, since there was already single player. With D3, assuming they can emulate stuff decently at all, then coding special item drops or item crafting is no harder than normal drops/crafting, except the rates of such things might be guesstimates of what the actual servers have.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

DrPepperPro wrote: The PlugY mod for D2 emulated some of the world events from the battle.net servers, and if someone really put their mind to it they could have done runes and everything else too. There just wasn't much demand for that, since there was already single player. With D3, assuming they can emulate stuff decently at all, then coding special item drops or item crafting is no harder than normal drops/crafting, except the rates of such things might be guesstimates of what the actual servers have.
My bad ,in spite of my long solo D2 experience,i've never heard of it...
Now i fully understand how it works.
I'll keep on eye on the site Tsubaimomo gave out.Thanks a lot.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I didn't know they had emulators either... learn something new every day

Well beat the game in 30 hours with the monk now trying the demon hunter... best PC game I have played in a while :twisted:
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Game is fun, but the levels are small. I have played through it a few times, and the map really never changes, which sucks. Unlike D1 and D2 where the map generation is completely random, the only thing random here is events, which there are only like 5-6 different events.

I hate connecting to the net to play this.

But Inferno Mode DH says hi.
Hellion
imanewbie

Post by Hellion »

This game is definitely not on the same level as its brothers, sadly.
Quite a disappointment; i expected the same kind of ambiance as in the others, but it's become more WoW than Diablo. Thank you Blizzard for defiling yet another childhood memory !
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Still fun I think... but opinions are like assholes everyone has one

so has anyone tryed to make money on D3 yet? haven't look yet, dont feel like putting out my credit card info out on Blizzards servers.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

...Still no PvP mode Blizzard promised to make ...almost 3 months have passed already.
Maybe this mode can drag Diablo3 a little up to it ancestors's level ...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You know, the game was ok up until we hit the Inferno wall. Fast forward several days worth of hours of grinding Act 1 and we still can't beat Act 2. I got two characters at level 60 but only one of them has armor good enough to finish Act 1. That coupled with the fact that nothing we find sells on the Auction House, my friends and I stopped playing. There just wasn't enough reward to keep grinding so much or any possibility of ever getting good gear.

The 1.0.4 patch came out today supposedly helping with our situation. I tried it and while it was an improvement, the Paragon leveling still feels eternal. I did 3 runs of the last parts of Act 1 (about 2 hours of play time) and I'm only about 3/4 of the way to level 1, and neither quests nor bosses give you any experience, at least not that I noticed. And every single item I got in that run I sold to the in-game merchant cause the the AH isn't working right now (not that they would've sold in the AH anyway).

One of my friends who's a big Diablo fan is refusing to try thew new patch because it doesn't do enough and also because this:
Series creator and Blizzard North co-founder David Brevik recently spoke with IncGamers and had a rather candid exchange about Diablo 3, and his opinions on the game which he had no hand in making.
[...]
The real controversy broke out however when a Facebook exchange about the article was made public. Technical Artist Chris Haga posted the link to the interview saying he felt like the team was being “thrown under the bus.” Other team members responded including game director Jay Wilson who simply said “F*** that loser.”
Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... or-online/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Haven't picked it back up... looks like my instincts were right :twisted:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

War Machine wrote:You know, the game was ok up until we hit the Inferno wall. Fast forward several days worth of hours of grinding Act 1 and we still can't beat Act 2. I got two characters at level 60 but only one of them has armor good enough to finish Act 1. That coupled with the fact that nothing we find sells on the Auction House, my friends and I stopped playing. There just wasn't enough reward to keep grinding so much or any possibility of ever getting good gear.

The 1.0.4 patch came out today supposedly helping with our situation. I tried it and while it was an improvement, the Paragon leveling still feels eternal. I did 3 runs of the last parts of Act 1 (about 2 hours of play time) and I'm only about 3/4 of the way to level 1, and neither quests nor bosses give you any experience, at least not that I noticed. And every single item I got in that run I sold to the in-game merchant cause the the AH isn't working right now (not that they would've sold in the AH anyway).

One of my friends who's a big Diablo fan is refusing to try thew new patch because it doesn't do enough and also because this:
Series creator and Blizzard North co-founder David Brevik recently spoke with IncGamers and had a rather candid exchange about Diablo 3, and his opinions on the game which he had no hand in making.
[...]
The real controversy broke out however when a Facebook exchange about the article was made public. Technical Artist Chris Haga posted the link to the interview saying he felt like the team was being “thrown under the bus.” Other team members responded including game director Jay Wilson who simply said “F*** that loser.”
Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... or-online/
I spent 3 years of playing D2 to get gear only good enough to beat Hell difficulty as Barbarian for the first time....So..True.. It is defenetly in Diablo style,when you have no gear good enough to continue play normaly .... But it always was like a stimulus to use your own brain against your enemy

Havent checked new patch yet ... but ..it doesn't seem the situation changed so much...

Read the state ... Well ... as i said before , as fan of Diablo series , i hope Blizzard will do their best to make the game better and better.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

anyone try the expansion pack... it looks cool but is it worth it??
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I played Diablo 3 again for a couple of days once the expansion update came up where they changed the loot drop rate and announced they were going to retire the Auction House, but before they actually did.

I left off the game on late Act 3 and after the update I finally got some acceptable gear to finish Act 3 along with the rest of the game. After that I began grinding up until I was able to withstand playing on Torment III or IV difficulty and that's when I finally decided I had seen everything and uninstalled the game one last time.

Maybe the expansion is not so bad, but I'm sure as hell not gonna waste money to find out.

I've been playing lots of Path of Exile though, I've sunk about 200 hours and I got 3 characters above level 60.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

My kids love playing this game on the PS4 now it is funny they have a unicorn level in the expansion :evil: very very weird.