Mindwerks Online Gamers

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: [Evil_Genius] Online Gamers

Post by halfnhalf »

j-mart on bnet. lots of WC3 and some SC.
Moogles
imanewbie

Post by Moogles »

I dont think has heard of Stepmania and DDR at the arcades... but its a simulation game using your defined keyboard keys or a mat and you basicly have to. I dont feel like explaining

This site will explain http://www.stepmania.com/

Image Dance, damn you
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Been playing some Rainbow Six: Vegas and Forza2 online lately.

Xbox Gamertag: Viduur
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Guild Wars ("Prophecies" and "Factions" only):
-Death's Rebirth (Prophecies)
-Kitara Kage (Factions)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

City of Heroes
-Infinity (Server)
-C's: Starnum & Ksi
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Starnum wrote:City of Heroes
-Infinity (Server)
-C's: Starnum & Ksi

Hm...how good is city of heroes. i being tempted to try need a final push. And by the way, it's like guild wars or do you have to pay a monthly fee to play?
sorry about the derailing of the thread...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

There's like a $15 a month fee, like with WoW. Personally I think it's a lot of fun, but maybe it's not for everyone. Lot's of fun super heroing/villiny to be had, IMO. *shrugs*

See if you can get someone to give you a free 10-day trial, so you can try it out first, without having to buy it. That's what I did. Heh, and before you ask, I don't have any free trials to give yet, sorry. :P
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Starnum wrote:There's like a $15 a month fee, like with WoW. Personally I think it's a lot of fun, but maybe it's not for everyone. Lot's of fun super heroing/villiny to be had, IMO. *shrugs*

See if you can get someone to give you a free 10-day trial, so you can try it out first, without having to buy it. That's what I did. Heh, and before you ask, I don't have any free trials to give yet, sorry. :P
No problem. I have a 10 day trial at my home that come with a game magazine i just wanted a opinion of someone who played.
Thanks anyway. :D
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I guess I should post my Steam stuff.

Team Fortress 2/Steam: Tempest (Since there is apparently like 50 Tempests, use my email, TempestX1@gmail.com)

*Update* - I now use the tag from my gaming clan I joined back in the day when we played Starsiege: Tribes together, so now you can more easily find me as {-o-} Tempest
Last edited by Tempest on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I should post my Steam stuff as well I imagine.

Ayanami77Ivy
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Guild Wars - Shiva Ntk
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

I'll join in too!!

Counter-strike Source: Gravity
Day of Defeat: Defender-X
"Happiness is an inside job"
lotuscorner
imanewbie

Post by lotuscorner »

Anyone still playing everquest? the first release not EQ II

Everquest
Darkist - Luclin server
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Evercrack? Wow man, you still smoke that shit? Well, I never got on it myself, but cheers!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

starcraft, but rarely.
on east or west as Anjin_san.
Last edited by DrPepperPro on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Psn: fujinthewindgod

My ps3 account to anyone who wants to know
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

fujinsan wrote:Psn: fujinthewindgod

doesnt matter... you suck at videogaming...

HAHAHA IM KIDDING!!!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Might as well throw in my PSN account: WarMachineDD7

Right now I only have GTAIV, but I'll be ready for MGS4 when it comes out.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

halfnhalf wrote:
fujinsan wrote:Psn: fujinthewindgod

doesnt matter... you suck at videogaming...

HAHAHA IM KIDDING!!!
Haha your funny, seriously though, I'm going to make a clan should I do an Evil_Genius clan or la le lu le lo?

*EDIT*
I'm currently playing mgo and Cod4 like a maniac, so if anyone wants to play add me.
Psn: Fujinthewindgod
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Does anyone play Warhammer online??

Anyway

Xbox Live - SandmanDLG
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Steam name: Lewz187 (Just had to put it up if anyone's in the mood for any online game on there.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Sandman wrote:Does anyone play Warhammer online??

Anyway

Xbox Live - SandmanDLG
After the huge failure that was Age of Conan, I desperately searched for a viable alternative to WoW. Tried WAR for a week or so, but while the graphics style is nice, the lore of course great (although the game butchers game lore all the time - Chaos fighting together with Greenskins and Dark Elfs WTF?) the combat is extremly lackluster.

I really wanted to like it, with the whole RvR setup and the pvp centered mechanics. But it just feels soooooo slow. The animations, the casts, the attacks, everything seems like slow motion. So I'm back to WoW enjoying me some action packed PVP :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:After the huge failure that was Age of Conan
What do you mean? I thought that game was supposed to be epic. What happened?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:After the huge failure that was Age of Conan
What do you mean? I thought that game was supposed to be epic. What happened?
Well it really had an epic start. But instead of making the game better with each patch, Funcom made it worse with each update. Plus, saying they know shit about balancing would honor them, and they have kneejerk reactions.

From level 1-50 it was a complete blast, loved every minute of it. Come level 50 quest got a bit rare, so from ~55-60, ~65-70 and ~75-80 you had to grind mobs or instances. That I could have lived with easily. When I hit 80 I was ready for the pvp experience: Siege battles, minigames, openworld pvp, what have you.

First, the balancing issues: Healers were so redicuously overpowered it wasn't even funny anymore. They would just heal through the damage of 3 guys while they themselves dps'd them down one after another. Soldiers (the 3 tank classes, although only one of them, the Guardian could really tank raid stuff, the other 2 just vanished to offtanking trash) couldn't kill anything because of their low dps.

Then came the era of crafted items: You have to know, +strength, +agility and all those stats that normally give you defense and more dps do shit in AOC. From 10 strength you will get 0,1 dps. Rare items have like 10, 15 strength max, epics somewhere from 20-30. With (from the top of my head) 10 item slots, if you're in full epics you will do an awesome 30 dps more. And getting full epics isn't anywhere near easy.

BUT: There were crafted items. Crafted items were the only items that had gemslots. You could socket +weapon damage into every item. And some smart people tried that out. And lo and behold, a gem with +10 weapon damage (which were the normal ones, max was +15 I think) would give you flat 10 more dps. How come they didn't realize this would be completely unbalanced? Oh yeah, magic users could socket +magic damage, but would only get like 1/10th of that bonus on their spells.

So with my Conqueror (who was supposed to do most damage out of the tank classes) with normal blue dungeon equip, I couldn't even outdamage a single hot from the priest classes. Then I got me some nice gemmed gear. And went completely bonkers. I couldn't even finish a single combo because people would die after 2-3 normal hits. Oh yeah lest I forget, +weapon damage only made your white hits harder, not your combo damage. So it was unnecessary to use combos (which were the whole fun and novelty in AOCs combat system) because with just the charge move plus the normal attack that followed everything would just die.

That was pretty fun for me yeah, but every nonsoldier class just cried nerf nerf. Which I can understand. The soldiers have around 10k health, while the rest of the classes have 4k. So while I would 1-2 shot everything besides soldiers, soldiers themselves could atleast withstand 6-10 hits and could bring in their CC and stuff.

Around that time I quit but still read the forums. Gems weren't nerfed for over 3 month. Oh, funny aside: There were +resistance (damage mitigation) gems too. At start they were like -2% to -4% damage. People cried nerf because they couldn't oneshot other people who had fully gemmed with -damage gems. What did funcom do? LOLnerf the resistance gems to hell, from -4% to 0.4%. That destroyed raiding on the other hand, because tanks needed those resistance gems to withstand the bosses, because there is no such thing as +healing. So a healer without any gear would heal just as good/bad as a healer in complete epics.

And while they nerfed the restance gems they didn't nerf the damage gems making the game even more unbalanced.

Players left the sinking boat especially nonsoldiers. The pvp patch (that had rewards and consequences for pvp and ganking) that was supposed to be in at launch, and then end of june, came out last week. LOL.

Oh yeah, I read siege battles still aren't working as they are supposed to. You cannot take over a battlekeep because siege weapons are bugged, don't do enough damage, etc. pp. Oh and the servers lag like shit when 80 people are in the same zone.

Last thing I read on the forums was that now damage gems got nerfed to hell, so they are redundant, plus everyone does -40% damage in pvp, but healers got +50% healing in pvp. So it's back to where it started, LOL.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, that seems like a big mess. Too bad too, because the game seemed to have potential. Anyway, I'm playing WoW again too. Been working on my blood elf pally. Got him up to level 26, can't wait to get my mount, heh.