Japan: Jubei's Vengeance

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Japan: Jubei's Vengeance

Post by maryperezbunny »

Hello as I mention before I like making video games, I use IG maker to make action games like zelda for the Snes, and Rpg maker Ace for RPG games on my free time. I work as a art designer for video games.

This game is christian religion vs shinto religion in Japan.

Genre

Action, dark fantasy, Drama

Difficulty

Hard

Setting

This game takes place in Feudal Japan. The "feudal" period of Japanese history, dominated by the powerful regional families (daimyō) and the military rule of warlords (shōgun), stretched from 1185 to 1868. You will be playing in the Edo period, a Period of war, politics and conflict between European and Asian Religion.

History

During the Edo period, also called the Tokugawa period, the administration of the country was shared by over two hundred daimyō in a federation governed by the Tokugawa shogunate. The Tokugawa clan, leader of the victorious eastern army in the Battle of Sekigahara, was the most powerful of them and for fifteen generations monopolized the title of Sei-i Taishōgun (often shortened to shōgun). With their headquarters at Edo (present-day Tōkyō), the Tokugawa commanded the allegiance of the other daimyō, who in turn ruled their domains with a rather high degree of autonomy.

The Tokugawa shogunate carried out a number of significant policies. They placed the samurai class above the commoners: the agriculturists, artisans, and merchants. They enacted sumptuary laws limiting hair style, dress, and accessories. They organized commoners into groups of five and held all responsible for the acts of each individual. To prevent daimyō from rebelling, the shōguns required them to maintain lavish residences in Edo and live at these residences on a rotating schedule; carry out expensive processions to and from their domains; contribute to the upkeep of shrines, temples, and roads; and seek permission before repairing their castles.

Genesis

The "Christian problem" was, in effect, a problem of controlling both the Christian daimyo in Kyūshū and their trade with the Europeans. By 1612, the shogun's retainers and residents of Tokugawa lands had been ordered to forswear Christianity. More restrictions came in 1616 (the restriction of foreign trade to Nagasaki and Hirado, an island northwest of Kyūshū), 1622 (the execution of 120 missionaries and converts), 1624 (the expulsion of the Spanish), and 1629 (the execution of thousands of Christians). Finally, the Closed Country Edict of 1635 prohibited any Japanese from traveling outside Japan or, if someone left, from ever returning.

The christian problem reached its highlight under Ieyasu's successors Tokugawa Hidetada and Tokugawa Iemitsu, particularly after the predominantly Christian population of Kyūshū had risen in the Shimabara Rebellion against the shogunate in 1637. The uprising was crushed brutally; more than 40,000 Christians were killed. Authorities of persecution were set up, with the goal of a nationwide persecution and extermination of the Christians. Anyone who was suspected of being a Christian had to abandon Christianity publicly and dishonor Christian symbols, which were called 踏み絵 (fumie, "step-on picture'"), as well as register in the Buddhist register of faith of Buddhist temples and visit those regularly. Those who refused to abandon their Christian faith were executed, often through public crucifixion or incineration. :)

Shimabara Rebellion

It is an uprising in southwestern Japan in 1637–1638 during the Edo period. It largely involved peasants, most of them Catholic Christians. The shogun vs Samurai Christians and peasants converted to christianity.

Plot

In the Year 1665, You play as Jubei Kibagami, a hitman at a local city of Gion, a district of Kyoto. Your origins are unkown, but it is known that Jubei is a very skilled swordsman, being a student of Sasaki Kojiro, the greatest samurai. You will live through several decades of Jubei's life. Some say Jubei comes from a town that was known as Ichihara, a town that a powerful dragon destroyed, Jubei even lost his family during the attack... but in the end only Jubei knows the truth, since it is said that only he survived, this event came to be known as the massacre of Gion.

It is said that Jubei is searching for Kojiro, his master, since he was the only man to ever slay a Dragon and a possible survivor at the massacre of Gion, only Kojiro knows how to kill a dragon!

Play as Jubei in his search for Vengeance!

Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?c88k41c7zmik1a9
Last edited by maryperezbunny on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://downloadjunkie.weebly.com/japan-jubeis-vengeance.html
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Japan: Jubei's Vengeance

Post by War Machine »

maryperezbunny wrote:I work as a art designer for video games.
Hahahaha!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

If only Rolos were here.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

If you work and get paid for a game company then I'm your god.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn43 ... tale-2.jpg
(Something I started working on last week)
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Yes, I work for a video game company. This drawing I made by hand with 1 hour of work done on it.

My work is design on computer software not by hand, with lots of weeks of time for a single drawing.

in your drawing I only see a gay ass face only.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Well my gay ass face is done on the computer too hahahahaa
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Carlos?
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Starnum wrote:Carlos?

Hello! :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

maryperezbunny wrote:
Starnum wrote:Carlos?
Hello! :)
:?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

:LOL:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

lol what? its not like you never seen a 'titogod' before. :lol:

use this link the demo is updated
demo:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5txnbgj047qfpu6
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

This kid is hilarious xD
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

thx and here is more of my plot in my game.

Back Story:

The "Christian problem" was, in effect, a problem of controlling both the Christian daimyo in Kyūshū and their trade with the Europeans. By 1612, the shogun's retainers and residents of Tokugawa lands had been ordered to forswear Christianity. More restrictions came in 1616 (the restriction of foreign trade to Nagasaki and Hirado, an island northwest of Kyūshū), 1622 (the execution of 120 missionaries and converts), 1624 (the expulsion of the Spanish), and 1629 (the execution of thousands of Christians). Finally, the Closed Country Edict of 1635 prohibited any Japanese from traveling outside Japan or, if someone left, from ever returning.

The christian problem reached its highlight under Ieyasu's successors Tokugawa Hidetada and Tokugawa Iemitsu, particularly after the predominantly Christian population of Kyūshū had risen in the Shimabara Rebellion against the shogunate in 1637. The uprising was crushed brutally; more than 40,000 Christians were killed. Authorities of persecution were set up, with the goal of a nationwide persecution and extermination of the Christians. Anyone who was suspected of being a Christian had to abandon Christianity publicly and dishonor Christian symbols, which were called 踏み絵 (fumie, "step-on picture'"), as well as register in the Buddhist register of faith of Buddhist temples and visit those regularly. Those who refused to abandon their Christian faith were executed, often through public crucifixion or incineration. :)

Shimabara Rebellion:

It is an uprising in southwestern Japan in 1637–1638 during the Edo period. It largely involved peasants, most of them Catholic Christians. The shogun vs Samurai Christians and peasants converted to christianity.
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Since my mapping skill are awesome, after I finish with this game, I will start a berserk one, based on the new anime. :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

How could I have missed this thread?

God.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Hellion
imanewbie

Post by Hellion »

Why not change the engine ? It would be awesome in Unity :o
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

wont I have to program alot to use it?
i dont want to use visual basic or .net languages.