Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Starnum »

Still the sword and armor look pretty good.
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

my printscreen button did not work for some reason. :( I got it working.

here are zodd and caska

Image Image
http://downloadjunkie.weebly.com/japan-jubeis-vengeance.html
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

the online version sucks. it has like naruto graphics.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I was gonna say I didn't like the MMO idea, but I don't want to agree with titogod.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Lol so you like elder scrolls MMO then?

I am uploading my mod so that you guys can install it in your skyrim directory

here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wubi860ntzpz4j
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I just got Platinum in SKyrim in 15 days. I have a job and a life so didn't actually put 15 solid days into but never the less. What a fucker of an experience. Just a bit drawn out. I blame the thief quests. I'll probably hit up the DLC when it comes out but I need a damn break from that shit lol
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You know, when I got the game I went all out trying to do every side mission (trying to skip the repeatable ones). After about 90 hours with my main character I got him to level 100 everything (character level stopped at 81), did most of the quests (Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, The Companions, Thieve's Guild, the Daecric lords' quest, etc.), and then I just quit the game. Just like that.

The big problem I felt overall is that there's very little choice in the game, so it feels like a very lousy RPG. I can't rat out the Thieve's Guild to the authorities, I can't expose the Dark Brotherhood as murderers to the rest of the world, I can't rebel against the daedric lords for being petty psycopaths, I can't betray The Circle in the name of vampirism, I can't use the Eye of Magnus myself to become more powerful or help Ancano acquire it; and most importantly, none of what I do has any impact with the main story. I can murder the emperor himself and still do the main story in favor of the empire.

There's a shitload of NPCs that are immortal because the story requires them to be and that feels like I don't matter in the story. Sure, I get to do pretty much all the important things in the story, but besides a couple of binary choices (join the empire or the storm cloacks, do Paarthurnax killing quest or not), there's no role for you to play besides the few pre-written ones. Hell, I didn't even want to join the Stormcloacks because they were racist bastards, where's the option to use my dragon powers to destroy both warring factions? Or a way to get them to sign a peace treaty between them?

Skyrim looks great, it has a lot of content both in terms of visuals, quest number and details to notice, but most of the quests are just "get me this", "go kill that". The few quests that offer something better in terms of story or premise either don't deliver anything significant in the end ("my parents haven't heard from me in years, please send this letter to them", "you finished sending it? Great. Quest over."), don't offer any choice in the matter ("kill this guy for me, don't ask questions"), or only offer a binary choice at the end to determine the loot you get ("kill the dog to get the Rueful Axe or don't and get the Masque of Clavicus Vile").

After having played Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim for an extended period of time, I think New Vegas is the better game for allowing more choices, acknowledging what choices you've made and changing what happens in the game in accordance with your choices.

PS: The mod my friend and I were planning was scrapped when we noticed that it was impossible. While the Creation Kit does offer lots of control in terms of adding new content, it's still missing lots of necessary functions required to manage and limit a character (for example, I can't change the player's level through script, dynamically changing the player's stats is really buggy, etcetera). We thought that we could continue with our ideas but since it was gonna be a series of compromises we decided it was better to wait for the Skyrim Script Extender project to give us what we need (if we ever decide to continue it). Although I did use what I learned with the Creation Kit to instead do mods for Fallout New Vegas. So far I have 3:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48242
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47765
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45008
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I need to finish this game at some point. I mostly agree with you, War. I eventually got bored with it and never finished it, which is rare for me. Maybe it's just me, but it got really repetitive after a while, and I lost interest. It's a great game, but honestly I feel like it was overly praised.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I do not think it was you at all, the game does have the exact same deficiencies it had in Oblivion. Lots of things to do, but completely dull tasks with no variations. Eventually you get tired of it even though you're doing different quests.

I was browsing imgur like I do often to get my fix of funny pictures when I saw that they posted a survey Bethesda did on what people would like in The Elder Scrolls VI (broad questions like "would you like more weapons?"), and while people voted for lots of additions that I would like (even one from Fallout New Vegas, Hardcore mode), none of the questions asked seemed to acknowledge or address the big problems with their games feeling like a series of fetch quests set to different tunes. I gotta say, I'm no longer a fan of their games. Obsidian made a better RPG than Bethesda has ever done and they did it in less than a year.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

For me - the game is allright .... untill you have quests to do ...no really ?Yeah - the Nature in game is beautiful ,Yeah - atmosphere is Nice, , Yeah - The Main Quests are wonderful,but even on Hard difficulty or even on Hardcore mode , in the end , when you have already reached lvl 70+ , it becomes pointless to continue. In spite of the all Freedom the game gives you , it becomes boring to kill all those Endless Random Dragons with one spell or kill Bandit leaders with one swing or even listen all the same dialogs in towns.

i haven't played Oblivion too much , but i can say for sure that Morrowind is 2 times better than Skyrim in its Quests at least.If you got one - you have to find target or right place all by yourself,read the books , ask people ,read signatures. you have no mark on the map that shows you where to go as you have in Oblivion or Skyrim . And thats great in my opinion.

Anyway ....Comeon Guys !haven't you noticed that almost all modern games are just like nuts... You crack it , eat and nothing is left
same story happend with Diablo and Max Payne 3.Sad story ah?
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Also, not to kick a dead horse any more, but you bring a good point, Texanian, the fighting gets monotonous really fast. When you think about it there's only a few different fighting styles: one-handed + shield, two-handed and magic. Sure, there's axes and maces for the melee-type build, but how different are they mechanically (or stats wise) from a sword? Is it really a new way to fight or just a different shade of the same color? As for magic, you only really get one that deals damage, so there's not much of a choice there either (Conjuration may be another option, but then it's not you who is fighting). So the game quickly devolves into the same hack and slash for any player no matter how they choose to build their character.