PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

PS3 Thread

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, so it's now officially upon us. So, who's got one? Not me, yet. I will though. I know where to go to play one. Yeah, it's big, but it sure looks nice eh? So what do you guys think so far? I like the system layout, it's pretty pimp. There's a lot of nice things you can do with this thing. I can't wait to see some of the big titles that are coming out soon. They're going to blow the fucking house down. Heh, you'll see.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I want one, but not this year ( I don't had the damn money yet ) .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

It´s not worth it to buy any console on day one, mostly only shit games.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

"Who's got one?", from what's been said in the next-gen thread not many will bother. I've got to say I'm not all that impressed with their release titles either.

It ain't out where I am till next year and God knows I ain't gonna pay the retail on that thing. I'll wait 'till the price comes down and a few more games come out I think...
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

we still got god of war 2 on ps2, so until then PS3 can wait.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dude, launch games are never that great. I'd be scared of a system with good launch titles. It would probably fail miserably, lol. All the great systems have had bland titles at launch. I don't want to pay retail on one either, but I probably will. I want to try to get one this spring. No, there's going to be some amazing fucking titles for PS3 later on. I can't wait. I saw some screens of some games they're bringing over from 360 too. Yeah, they looked better on PS3. ;)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I have one.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

We get it next year i think or in christmas.

Either way i dont care.

I will buy only when a must buy game is out.

The closest being Assasins Creed or MGS4.

So hopefully in a year the good games are out over here.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

halfnhalf wrote:we still got god of war 2 on ps2, so until then PS3 can wait.
Quoted for truth.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I havent finished GOW1.

Not my fault really, i bought the game twice and both versions was faulty and didnt work for me after the start of the game.

Maybe third time i buy it is the charm....
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Libaax wrote:The closest being Assasins Creed or MGS4.
Both are probably coming out on 360.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Whats your point?

Not another PS3 sucks please......

If they were the only PS3 games i wanted i would maybe get Xbox but there are too many i want from PS3, plus PC convertations like Call of Duty 3,Fear isnt my kind of games.

MGS4 ? in Xbox? you mean like usuall Substance?
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Gaiseric wrote:
Where did you read that? I can say that until Friday ( last time I checked ) MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive, so tell me where. PS3 and 360 FTW! .
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:
Gaiseric wrote:
Where did you read that? I can say that until Friday ( last time I checked ) MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive, so tell me where. PS3 and 360 FTW! .
There are rumors going around that Konami is pressuring Kojima to port MGS4 over to the 360. It's all the buzz on game boards.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Who cares really?

As long as i can get it with my PS3 i am cool.

I am not greedy i can share :wink:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

The PS3 won't have that many great games for a while, but lined up for next year there's Final Fantasy XIII, Grand Theft Auto IV, Resident Evil 5 and the list gets better and better.

Oh, and are the PS3 versions going to be that much better than the X360 ones?
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Yeah, I read that Konami was pressuring Kojima to release it on 360, also MGS 2 and 3 were both released on Xbox, so I dont know why you would think its a PS3 exclusive.

I also read that Sony paid Ubisoft to keep the 360 version of Assassin's Creed a secret. I hate that bullshit.

With the success of Dead Rising, there are also rumors of Microsoft buying Capcom. Not likely, but if it happened RE5 would definitely be on 360.

Reviews of Call of Duty 3 on PS3 say it looks washed out and the framerate suffers compared to the 360 version.

Square is making games for all systems, but most likely the FF series will stay with Sony while spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles and others will be made for the Wii and 360.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote: Square is making games for all systems, but most likely the FF series will stay with Sony while spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles and others will be made for the Wii and 360.
See also Lost Oddysey and Blue Dragon. Those RPGs alone make me want to try and get in on that $100 X-Box Deal from Amazon.
ImageImage
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Oh well I am buying a 360 this year and wait until the good games come ( MGS4, FFXIII ) to buy a ps3. I want Lost Odyssey ( this game's story is the shit ) a lot more than FFXIII , and White Knight Story ( coming to ps3 ) is another must have to me.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I want to see what it does with my PSP... I hear you can use it as a TV base station and watch TV on your PSP... that will be cool... but I am still going to wait :twisted: thats right sony you can wait for my money untill you get your shit together :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:Yeah, I read that Konami was pressuring Kojima to release it on 360, also MGS 2 and 3 were both released on Xbox, so I dont know why you would think its a PS3 exclusive.

I also read that Sony paid Ubisoft to keep the 360 version of Assassin's Creed a secret. I hate that bullshit.

With the success of Dead Rising, there are also rumors of Microsoft buying Capcom. Not likely, but if it happened RE5 would definitely be on 360.

Reviews of Call of Duty 3 on PS3 say it looks washed out and the framerate suffers compared to the 360 version.

Square is making games for all systems, but most likely the FF series will stay with Sony while spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles and others will be made for the Wii and 360.

If Microsoft bought all the big games from sony and made them xbox exlusive then maybe its time to leave Sony but thats unlikely ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:
If Microsoft bought all the big games from sony and made them xbox exlusive then maybe its time to leave Sony but thats unlikely ;)

Microsoft has already done this somewhat agaisnt nintendo with the buy of Rare, but alas PDZ was a complete failure.

If microsoft does buy capcom... does that mean would could actually see a street fighter 4 in our life time?
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

halfnhalf wrote:If microsoft does buy capcom... does that mean would could actually see a street fighter 4 in our life time?
What, you mean instead of Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 EX Plus Turbo Revival MAX Anniversary Collection, I sure hope so.

Microsoft probably has the power (and the money) to by out all the competition, but that wouldn't be any fun.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Gaiseric wrote:Yeah, I read that Konami was pressuring Kojima to release it on 360, also MGS 2 and 3 were both released on Xbox, so I dont know why you would think its a PS3 exclusive.
3 came out for xbox? Or is coming out?
Metal Gear Snake eater? D=
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Oh, I guess I was wrong on that one.