World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

World of Warcraft

Post by psi29a »

Pyro (happyhippy) and Southpaw have bought WoW and I'm about to... so this post is the start of hopefully the Mindwerks WoW thread.

I'm calling out to all those who play WoW in offering newb learning (myself of course) and hopefully gathering the troops to play on the same server if possible.

Perhaps Mindwerks can like pwn hard and stuff in this MMO.

Links to information, learning, pwning hard... are appreciated. The goal at least for me, is to perhaps get a Mindwerks oriented guild/clan wtf ever started.
Last edited by psi29a on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I am not a fan of WoW. Tried it for a little while but I could not get into it.

Then again I am not into MMO like I used to be. So meh.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I would like to get into WoW, but I gotta beat DQVIII first...
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Im play WoW, off and on. Though I'd prolly play more if you guys were to play.

http://www.thottbot.com

http://www.allahkhazam.com

Those sites give you everyting you need to know bout the game.

What server shall we be on. And will we be alliance or horde?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

psi im starting WoW in january when i go back to school, cuz only my desktop can run it smoothly. ill let you know when i start playing, should be the 16th-ish
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

If you guys start on Draenor I have an Alliance Druid there that I can use to help you guys out. I like the starting area content more than the high end, so I enjoy helping people out a lot :P.

Do you guys have any idea what classes you might be playing? If you're going to be leveling together, you could all pick complimentary classes and everything gets much easier.

As far as links, Thottbot and Allakhazam, both of which have been posted, are great for class information and item drops. You could get a great grasp on which class you might want. Another website I'd mention would of course be the World of Warcraft main site:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

And within that the talent calculators and class pages to help you further in decided which class you want to play:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... B06C.app05

Besides that, there's also class forums once you start deciding what you want to be. These also include strategies posted by some players:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/#classes

Guilds in WoW require 10 silver for a charter, and then I think it's something like 7 or 8 signatures by others players who would want to join the guild. Once the charter gets the required signatures it can be turned in and everyone who signed the charter becomes a guild member. Tabards cost 10g to create.

Edit: Also forgot http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php for UI Mods for WoW. Great website.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow from what newbified has said, looks like WoW is a very diverse complicated game. makes me happy cuz i only go for da illest RPGs, or the ones that every other korean in the world is playing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Hehe thottbot your number one source for questing and knowing everything.

Btw. which Interface Mod(s) do you use?

and if there'll be a Mindwerks Guild I won't be in, I'm on german servers and I have much to do there.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I use TitanBar, CTMod, QuickLoot, and CTRaid. It all makes my UI look like this:

I'm much poorer than that screenshot eludes to. Just spent the 90g for my mount at 40. =\
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont use any mods.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Disappearing from Google indexes...
Last edited by Shisho on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Last edited by Shisho on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm 40 with this char though :). I don't have a bunch of different sets of gear :). It would only be viable in end game, or if I was switching betwen Feral and Resto a lot, which usually I'm not and I'm generally just stuck in Resto.

Edit: Either way if we're playing on one I already have characters on or not, I'd like to get started. Already have a character planned out.

So let's decide which server we want to play on, and if we're Alliance or Horde (please Alliance :P). I'm leaving that up to you psi ;). Here's a server list for you to sift through while trying to decide:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/realmstatus/

PVP means that in Contested Territories it's open season on anyone who's part of the other faction. RP is roleplaying so you're expected to stay in a roleplaying character at least somewhat. Regular is just regular. On the 2 other server besides PVP, you have to type /pvp or attack a member of the opposite faction in order for members of the other faction to attack you. Whereas in PVP servers once you hit Contested/Enemy Territories, you become flagged for PVP until you leave, and then a little after.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Last edited by Shisho on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

And from earlier Shisho, I have to disagree with you on the Druid being kinda gay part :P. Druids are quite useful after their latest overall. Feral specced Druids with comparable gear can come close to Rogue DPS, or Warrior tanking dependant on their gear.

Not to mention with their heals, and Innervate under the Resto tree, they're quite useful to have around in raids. As well as Nature's Swiftness giving us that instant Nature spell cast. Great for getting off a Healing Touch instantly when someone needs it. As well our HoT's can prevent quite a bit of damage, without raising threat and pulling aggro.

With Innervate some people complain you just become a Priest battery, but I love being Resto specced. Also gave me Insect Swarm so I have 2 DoT's now.

And I almost forgot...come on man, Mark of the Wild! One of the nicest buffs in the game that's castable by players ;). My rank 5 with Imp MotW gives 263 armor, +11 to all attributes, and +14 to all resists.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow thanx for all the info shisho! i havent even started WoW yet so this will definitely help!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Shisho what Guild are you part of?
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Last edited by Shisho on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats tite. I'm part of The Blackwatch. Not sure if you heard of us. But yea, my friend was telling me about this horde guild that was doing nefarion and every single one of em had tier 1 sets.

p.s: Are you sure you guild is the best world wide? I mean, unless I messed up you guys only just killed Nefarion recently right? Bannana boys killed them a while a go on our server.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh you guys were the first to kill nefarion eh? Guess I was wrong.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Well, I'm a complete newb to WoW, but have rocked it hard back in my older UO days.

I love PvP, but I love doing sneaky shit more and conning people out of their hard-earned loot. Can I smack bitches and loot their corpses?

From an RPG standpoint, I would like to be a Dwarf with Cleric abilities. Take my hammer and rock people hard.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Last edited by Shisho on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.