World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. The expansion is great. Death Knights own face. ;)

*edit*

Just severed ties with the Lich King, that special event was badass!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I created a DK, but haven't played him yet. His name is Skullknight, of course. I was very surprised the name wasn't taken.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That is kind of surprising.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Weird you must be on a low population realm, but I saw a guy named roderick and asked if he knew of berserk and he asked, and I quote "The berserker armour?"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

There's a paladin named Griffith on my realm. Puny Alliance of course :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I've yet to find a server where the name Gatts was available. Not that I've checked them all, but still. I can see "Guts" being taken, but even Gatts is usually unavailable.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I was in an AV game once and I saw a Gatsu and Griffith, their guild name was Band of the Hawk. I don't remember what server they were from.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:I've yet to find a server where the name Gatts was available. Not that I've checked them all, but still. I can see "Guts" being taken, but even Gatts is usually unavailable.
Yeah, my Deathknight (yay level 59 :D) is named Gattsu because others were not available.

@Gaiseric: cool guild :D
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Sounds pretty cool, but I just have this feeling that it's going to go back to the usual stuff I don't like about WoW in the endgame.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I pretty much loved Karazhan raiding, but hated all the 25man stuff because organisation is such a hassle all of a sudden. That's the cool thing about the Lich King endgame, you can do every raid instance with 10 or 25 man. Seeing as 5 or my reallife friends play WoW with me, we only need 4 more to raid which we already have thanks to our pvp group. We won't do "serious business" raiding but we want to at least see the raids, especially naxx.

Also PVP got a pretty huge boost. Just yesterday I discovered, if your faction holds lake wintergrasp, every boss in every instance drops PVP tokens, which is pretty nice.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Dunno if you guys already know the Tales of the past machinima, but if you don't, you GOTTA watch it.
The trilogy is available at http://www.talesofthepast.com

While the first one is pretty much a movie about the guild of the creator, from the second one onward and epic story around the horde, the alliance, the lich king and also the burning legion unfolds. The second part is already 40 minutes long, and the epic ending to the trilogy clocks in at full feature length, 90 minutes.

Don't watch the following video if you don't want to get spoiled with the ending to the trilogy, but if you do watch it, you will find it awesome I can tell :D
I simply love the fighting style used in the trilogy, it's basically an anime within wow :D

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I'm watching the third right now, very good find man. I hope he redoes tells of the past one and two, making both longer and better edited of course. I've leveled my deathknight to 63 alot of procrastination and player killing to boot. What was everyones favorite quest as the deathknight? I personally liked the last one as a servant of the lich king.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You have a DK? I didn't know you had a high enough level character to make one. Didn't you just recently start playing the game? :?
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah I did like two months ago, guess I'm just good at rpg's. Didn't think it was that hard to level imo.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well it's not as hard to get to level 55 as it used to be, but that's still pretty fast, good work. I've been taking my time with WotLK. I've been all over Howling Fjord now, just finishing up there out at Scallywag Point with the pirates. I'm only level 71 still, but I'm about half way to level 72, heh. I can't believe some people are already lvl 80. Well yeah I can, but I'm savoring it. Just playing when I feel like it and when I have time. I don't want it to feel like a chore. I don't enjoy it as much if it feels like I'm having to do work. I'm really enjoying it so far though, Northrend is great.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah whenever I get to 70 I'll probably take it easy like your doing no real reason to rush it yah know. But I've a pic of this bg I entered when I hit level 59, I was on a roll.

I was a killa! lol the game gets alot funner when your not using a rogue.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, nice. I'm dealing with Bjalerbron right now. I'm anxious to move on to Dragon Blight, or maybe do Utgarde Keep.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I love how only 5 of the 18 players aren't Death Knights :P
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DK's are still very popular right now, heh.

*edit*

Okay, I'm in Dragon Blight now, lvl 72 1/2, heh. I love the snow covered trees. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I love that DKs can't do shit to my priest, because when I have abolish disease on me they can't do good damage anymore because their diseases won't stick.

Also, Naxxramas is freaking awesome. Cleared the 10man version a few times already, 25 man we are about halfway through.

Can't wait for tuesday when the new arena season starts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, I'd love to go do Nax some day. I'm level 73 now, hittin' up Borean Tundra now that I'm done with Howling Fjord. Thought I'd hold off on Dragonblight until I finish both of the Northrend starter zones first.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

We just finished 25 man Naxx last night, then went to Malygos and got our asses handed to us.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah Malygos is the hardest encounter in Lich king, besides Satharion with 1 or more Drakes up. Malygos is a really fun fight though, I really enjoyed it. And Hero of the Frozen Wastes is a fucking awesome title.

On another note: Tanking with my death knight (a blood elf called Gattsu, go figure :D) is fun as hell. Not only that I am a freaking AOE aggro machine, but tanking with random groups is so much more fun, and relaxing than healing with them.

As a tank I AM THE FREAKING GROUP. The group goes where I go, they kill the mobs I tank, when I eat bufffood, they wait, etc. And healers like me too :D Before a pull I take a quick look at the groups, especially the healers, mana, and if it is way up I pull. If I get spiky damage I burn my cooldowns (which are nice on a 1 min cooldown only, not 4-5 mins like warriors shield wall or palabubbles).

When I healed with my priest in random groups, if the tank is bad it is always a disaster and really stressful. I have no mana, so I drink, tank pulls, group wipes, I laugh and explain to them that no mana = no heals. They whine.

Also, with all the tanking changes in Lich King it is so easy to hold AOE aggro. Healing still is stressful, you have to be there watching the healthbars every freaking second, otherwise there may be a wipe because of you. With tanking I make the tempo of the group. Also I can pretty much go afk after I've been through my rotation once and then just autoattack because I hold that much aggro with just a few skills (well at least on trashmobs, bosses are another thing of course).

Anyway I love the DK. Still raiding Naxx 25, Malygos and Satharion (tried once with 1 drake up, man it's freaking hard) with my Priestess as shadow. Doing Arena as a Holy Priest, but I am really thinking about making my DK my main.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Dks seem to not be as strong at around 75 through 80, most likely not the strongest class at 80. So far ret pally's are the most op class at 80, and maybe blood or unholy dk at 2nd. I've been having fun in northrend so far I'm at zul'drak trying to level there, very scenic. But yeah what's your dk's level and spec?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

My DK's level 80, and when I tank heroic instances I'm specced frost, for PVP I go unholy/blood. All the defensive cooldowns like -50% damage for 12 seconds will get nerfed in the next patch though (and they really are imba in pvp), but frost presence will get a huge buff to compensate for tanking.

They may not be the strongest pvp class right now (that title goes to rogues/mages/paladins) but still, living through the onslaught of 8 alliance and still managing to kill 1 of them before you go down, is still pretty imba.