World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Starnum »

The graphical upgrade is the hotness. I love some of the new animations. I like what they've done with pallys as well. Seals now last a full two minutes, and they've split up the judgments into separate abilities. Best of all, when you cast a judgment, it no longer consumes your seal. So you don't have to cast a seal on yourself for every freakin battle, that's a really nice improvement.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah especially the new realtime shadows look really nice. Although they sometimes flicker a bit on my PC though that is already an acknowledged problem (maybe I should update my nVidia driver, last update was in may I think :D).

Haven't seen any new animations though - do you mean all the particle effects and such? When a pala judges I think there's this "ball" of holy energy around them that looks really nice, and devine storm looks nice too (and hammers me down in seconds still).

Had very much fun yesterday pvping with my discipline specced priest. Disc Healing is PVP is loads of fun now, with so much instant cast spells, the shield + dispell giving instant heals, every crit giving another shield and much more. And when 2-3 people bash on me I pull out all my cooldowns and will survive if help comes in under a minute :D

Gonna try the rogue today after work: My priestess got the blue pvp set, while the rogue got the epic one so that should help, and I've been killed in a matter of 2-3 seconds yesterday by mutilate rogues often too :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the animations on some of the spell effects have changed. The main thing I noticed was the Seal of Command effect is way flashier now than it was before. Another good example is Life Drain with warlocks. I noticed it because I party with a lock most of the time. You remember how it used to be like this solid beam of green energy? Now it looks more like several tendrils of green energy, very nice effect, IMO.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah those drainlike effects got changed. Shadowpriests' Mindflay now also looks really funky, like drainlife in black/purple :D

But one thing I noticed yesterday which I really like: When casting spells with my undead female she holds her right hand besides her hip while casting and when it finishes she puts her hand up high in the air. Before the patch she always had her weapon in the mainhand sheashed when casting, but now it is drawn which looks so much cooler. Hope this isn't a bug that will be fixed and is intended though :D

Before casting would look like this, pretty uninteresting pose:

Now it looks like this (yeah aweful screenshot but the best I could find on short notice that shows the pose :D):

Especially because my mainhand mace looks almost exactly like the one Sauron uses in the LOTR movies, it feels so much more epic casting with the weapon drawn - while before the animation felt like "Heal ye with my powers of light lol" it now feels like "Stand your ground my comrades! I will not let you die while I am still alive!" if you get what I mean :D

On a sidenote: Troll rogue with dagger still looks completely rediculous. 2 swords, especially when sheashed as an X on the back of the char as I have, look awesome - but I still need to try the new dagger skills ^^
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

thought I'd show this

Something I ran across playing wow earlier.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Corehounds are cooler as pets, and more annoying because the ground always shakes when they move around. Though that will be fixed ^^
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Zombies everywhere!!
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I know! Damn bastards kept getting in my way earlier when all I wanted to do was fly to Ogrimmar. I finally managed to make it over there so I could go to the auction house, but not before I had to run around as a zombie several times. :P
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I think its fun. I took over Ratchet with a couple other guys, we turned all the npcs into zombies and killed everyone unfortunate enough to step off the boat or fly in.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I hate zombies man, every time I go to a gryphin master bam zombie attack. Whatever though, but hey Starnum I made a character on shadowsong, you said that was your alliance one right?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I play alliance on Shadowsong, but I've been playing horde a lot lately. I'll have to check you out on Shadowsong sometime, help you level some or something. Gaiseric, what server do you play on? I wonder if you were one of those people giving me so much trouble in Ratchet earlier, lol. Prolly not, but that'd be pretty funny. The zombie thing is cool, but at the time I just wanted to check my mail and hit the AH real quick and zombies kept F'in with me. :P
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

That was with my 70 Shaman on Blade's Edge. I play him most of the time, my horde is on Hydraxis.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, okay, never mind then. I play my horde on Rexxar.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

These are my characters.

ImageImage

And
ImageImage

The whole town of storm wind was zombies

ImageImage

I should've known it.

ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Just made a new toon on Rexxar, BE mage. We should get together sometime and play.
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

I think the best pets right now are gorillas, on my hunter it just owns face. You can grab about 5-8 mobs and just AoE them down. I am happy that hunter leveling will be even easier than before. :D

Anyone here play Horde on Llane?
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Just made a new toon on Rexxar, BE mage. We should get together sometime and play.
I think I'll make me a toon on rexxar, horde correct? Not sure what I'll make it probably a ret pally? What say you?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's cool dude, make him a blood elf so we're in the same area. Tell me your name so I can add you.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Fujinsan is his name, I can't guarantee that I'll be on him alot though, I got a level 45 that I plan to get up to 55 soon. Then deathknight!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I'll probably be playing my main and my DK now that the expansion is out. So add Starnum to your friendlist for any toons on Shadowsong. Also, DK's name is Fornax. Add him too if you get on SS.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Well I'll probably be playing my main and my DK now that the expansion is out. So add Starnum to your friendlist for any toons on Shadowsong. Also, DK's name is Fornax. Add him too if you get on SS.
lol your telling me I spent four hour's yesterday leveling my guy up to 12 for nothing? Hehe no problem man, I already got a toon on shadow song so it's all good around what times do you get on though?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't worry, I'll be playing my mage again before you know it. I usually get on WoW later in the evening, generally sometime after 10 pm.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Was at the midnight sale some 60 kilometers away from my home at last wednesday. They had 600 games. I thought "yeah maybe around 100 to 200 people MAX will show up there." Good thing we got there by 11pm, because there were already about 100 people before us. By half past 0 when we got our games, there were probably more than 500 people behind us. I pitied the ones at the end of the queue, who had to wait proabably another hour only to not get a game.

Anyway, I FUCKING LOVE WOTLK. Quests are awesome, Lore is awesome, Instances are awesome. I play my priest again, powered her to level 75 yesterday and respecced from disc to shadow. Disc is really nice now, you're an awesome healer and solo it is quite ok with the spellpower and reflective shield. Anyway it's so sweet that you can do instances in half an hour, the Anub-Rejak or whatever the instance with the huge spiders in Dragonblight is called, we did in 15 minutes. Now that is sweet loot and XP.

Best quest till now was the one where you were aroud leve 71 or 52 and drove a freaking tank into a mass of 75 elite undead, shooting with your gun and slicing them with your bladesaw. Fun times.

Also just in: shadow AOEing rocks. :D
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Best quest? Either raiding Undercity with the King of Stormwind or hauling ass out of town while firebombing werewolves that are chasing you.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Gaiseric wrote:Best quest? Either raiding Undercity with the King of Stormwind or hauling ass out of town while firebombing werewolves that are chasing you.
Pah! Raiding undercity with Thrall and Sylvanas > Raiding undercity with that flashy king of yours :D

Also the wrathgate cinematic was just awesome.