World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by DrPepperPro »

I still hate wow.

On a side note, how can I make this thread not appear on my "View your posts" thing? besides deleting my posts
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I have no idea. I don't really use that function very often. I just go to the threads when they light up, to view new posts. Why does it matter? You could just ignore it. *shrugs*
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Oh dr.pepper pro's finally an E.G member? Took you guys long enough to see his greatness. Oh yes something about wow, new patch comming 3.0.8. Here's the link if you wanna look it up http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.0.8

Apperantly from what I've read deathknights can now raise their allies, wierd huh?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

fujinsan wrote:Apperantly from what I've read deathknights can now raise their allies, wierd huh?
They could from the very start. Raise ghoul raises a ghoul (duh!), when used on an enemy corpse it raises a pet ghoul under your command, and when used on a friendly corpse it raises a ghoul which is then controlled by the raised player. When used without a target it will target the nearest corpse, so it often happens that you raise an ally even if you didn't want to. Which sucks because he's not your pet, and he cannot be rezzed properly while in ghoul form.

The only thing that changes is that the spell will be split in two, one for raising a ghoul pet, one for raising a player as a ghoul.

Edit: Also, awesomesauce - tier 8 set previews:

I really like the style of the priest set, especially that for once we don't have to wear a halo :D

Now that's some freakish looking rogue set. I would be scared to hell and back if someone like that popped up around me all of a sudden:

Warlocks look just as awesome as Putress:

But then again, each and every warlock set in the history of the game looked awesome.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ahh, gear I will never have. XD

Mainly because I tend to be a plate user.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Woo, got my first T7 piece with my Death Knight yesterday while pugging 10 man Naxx and Sapphiron (which is free loot basically :D). But didn't get the really fine 2hander that dropped in naxx, so I still have to tank with my shitty level 74 blue axe.

But I really love the Death Knight class, so much more fun than (shadow) priest. Especially in PVP where you can do something, as opposed to the shadow priest which basically is a free kill. Healing priest does fine in PVP but I don't want to heal ALL THE TIME. So I really think about making the DK my new main. Especially because I love tanking instances :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Grats, I hate you. Ahh, T7 epic gear, more gear I will never have. XD
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:Grats, I hate you. Ahh, T7 epic gear, more gear I will never have. XD
Hehe. Are you 80 yet? You really gotta try Naxxramas. Not only is it an amazing instance with really fun boss fights, it is also really easy. We started our 10 man run 2 days ago, me and 2 RL friends, and 7 random players from the LFG channel. Yesterday we killed Kel'Thuzad. I started Naxx with no epics, now I have 5 xD

Because I only raid 25 mans now with my main Priest, I couldn't remeber how easy 10 man content really becomes as long as you have players that are able to move out of shit if a fire / blackhole / whatever spawns under them, and have them listen when you say "X move over there, Y move over there". That's basically all you have to do to down all the bosses. While of course, in a full guild run with people you play alot with it is supposed to be easy, I was really surprised that we did so well with 7 completely random (though listening, and mature) players.
In one particular bossfight (Grobbulus) where the whole raid has to be on the move pretty much all the time because he pukes on the groud which kills you in a few seconds if you don't move out, our Main Tank was on the telephone with his girlfriend (who argued he played too much wow, oh the irony) all the time. Still downed him without any dead players.

And my absolute favorite boss of all times is Heigan. You do the Heigan dance there, and I always have the best fun at that boss, especially now that I was tanking him with my DK, so I could dance the whole bossfight (ranged only has to dance half the time).
Oh, and with "dance" I mean, you just have to move out of the green shit that comes out of the floor all the time. And because it is predetermined in which pattern the stuff comes out, it's akin to dancing :D
And it is so much fun especially when you play Safety Dance over teamspeak while doing it :D

Really, I always read about from players that did it at level 60, that Naxxramas was THE BEST designed instance of all time. And it really is true. Never had so much fun raiding.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

I'm an addict of this game too, currently beating my head against the wall with the new raid Ulduar, and lovin it. Naxx was great, but it was so easy I was falling asleep half the time. Ulduar is making me embarrassed to carry around the Undying title I have with all the wipes we've been having XD
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah Ulduar is really hard but at the same time really awesome. In 10man we downed the first 4 bosses on our first raid, but in 25man we only downed the very first one and wiped on all the others for hours (probably because we had like 8 slackers in the raid). Hope next week will be better for 25mans.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Cleared it the first week, the normal modes is somewhat challenging.

Mimiron being a tough nut to crack and yogg-saron of course =).

But what's really hard at the moment is when you have to do the encounters based on the achievement requirements. My guild started with the Thorim hard mode and it's absolutely a totally different fight.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I don't play it anymore, but I find this hilarious:

Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

So, I've been seeing Cataclysm ads just about everywhere for a while now. Out of curiosity, does anyone still play WoW?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I had to deactivate my account right before it came out, in order to save money. :(

I look forward to trying it out once I'm able to afford to buy the game and start playing again though.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Necro troll!
Bow to Golbez