General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

General Gaming News Thread

Post by Femto »

Post any general news/rumors regarding video games here.

PSP or fighting game news would be fine, for example, but they'd be better off in their respective threads.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... efer=japan

The link is about Konami and Capcom merging.

I think its a very very bad idea. Capcom is dead when its comes to new ideas and good games except for RE,DMC,Onimusha.

While Konami is the best gaming comany gamewise.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Hehe Gaming News, I'm a gaming news editor, I'll spam as soon as our CMS gets fixed. ;)

Btw. the first PSP Firmware 2.0 exploit got proven to function.
No Warez talk, only plain news.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Dragon Quest VIII will be released stateside in November 22 and will include a FFXII demo.

DQVII is actually one of the few RPGs I've been really looking forward to. I want to see what all the fuss is about.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:Dragon Quest VIII will be released stateside in November 22 and will include a FFXII demo.

DQVII is actually one of the few RPGs I've been really looking forward to. I want to see what all the fuss is about.
Yeah, I am not too into RPGs any more either, but I do want to play the game. See why the Japanese have a hard on for it.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I saw some shots of Dragon Quest VII and it looks itneresting. Correct me if I am wrong, but did the creator of the DragonBall series desgin the characters? It looks very similar, if not identical to his style. Made me think at first glance they were shots of a new DB game.
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Tempest wrote:I saw some shots of Dragon Quest VII and it looks itneresting. Correct me if I am wrong, but did the creator of the DragonBall series desgin the characters? It looks very similar, if not identical to his style. Made me think at first glance they were shots of a new DB game.
Yeah, Akira Toriyama is the character and monster designer for all the DQ series.

DQ is a must for old school RPG gamers, but I've never really liked the first person battle system where you can't even see the characters during combat. I want to see my characters lay waste on some freaking monsters, not see a slash across a monster. Only DQ game I liked was 4 for the NES, never really gotten around to finishing VII for the PS.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The lead character turns into a "Super Saiyan" In most of the videos I've seen. >.>
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

zomg! Kingdom Under Fire sequel is out here!

I haven't even finished with the first one and heaven drops the second one from the sky. Can't wait till I get my hands on it, looks awesome.

Ultimate Spiderman looks alright. My fan boy juices are about to explode, but logic tells me I shouldn't waste my cash.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wouldnt be sure about that cause the last couple of spiderman games has been hailed.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I have the original movie game of Spider-man, I really liked it, and I heard the Spider-man 2 game was just as good, if not better. I was pretty excited when I saw the clips of Ultimate Spider-man. I think I will rent it first and play it and see for myself.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Eldo wrote:zomg! Kingdom Under Fire sequel is out here!
Zomg indeed!! I really liked Gerald's campaign in the first game. I could never beat the dark elf chick's though. I am stuck on the mission where you have to sneak through the forest and shit.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

My CD is scratched, goddamn it. I'm up to that part after the general's dead, and the king assumed Gerald as Commander. The disc scratched so I'm trying to get a friend to get it when he goes overseas. It wasn't released in Australia (or I can't find it) and I think it's ghey.

The geek inside me really wants the sequel.

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Old news, but it needs to be posted.

Kingdom Hearts II has been pushed to 2006 for NA, the japanese release date stands firm- 22 december. I = teh impr0tz.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Random but cool news taken from the-magicbox.com:

- Square Enix announced Seiken Densetsu 4, the latest work of the action RPG series. The platform hasn't been announced yet, the game is a direct sequel to Seiken Densetsu 3, and it will be in full 3D, the characters will have different facial expressions and gestures.

- Nippon Ichi announced Disgaea 2 for PlayStation 2, the sequel to the popular strategy RPG Disgaea: Hour of Darkness released in 2003, the game is scheduled to release in Japan in December 2005.
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Femto wrote:Random but cool news taken from the-magicbox.com:

- Square Enix announced Seiken Densetsu 4, the latest work of the action RPG series. The platform hasn't been announced yet, the game is a direct sequel to Seiken Densetsu 3, and it will be in full 3D, the characters will have different facial expressions and gestures.

- Nippon Ichi announced Disgaea 2 for PlayStation 2, the sequel to the popular strategy RPG Disgaea: Hour of Darkness released in 2003, the game is scheduled to release in Japan in December 2005.
Wow, cant wait for Seiken 4, but is that all the info you got on Disgaea 2? You know if Laharl is coming back or if the battle system changed? I loved the first one.
Under Construction!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

- More Disgaea 2 news: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/28 ... 34627.html
Disgaea 2 takes place three years after the original, and it plays with new main characters. Producer Souhei Shinwaka told Dengeki PlayStation that he originally planned to make the characters from the first game Disgaea 2's heroes. Instead, he created a new world and cast for Disgaea 2, and gave the characters from the original Disgaea, including heroine Etona and the Prinny penguins, supporting roles.
- Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra screenshots:
http://the-magicbox.com/0509/game050928d.shtml

- KOF dating sim: http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/keitai/i-mode/index.php ( :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: )
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I wonder how many people are going to try and hook up with Ash Crimson until they learn they learn the horrible truth...

:holycrap: <-- Them

:kekeke: <-- Me
ImageImage
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Tempest wrote:I wonder how many people are going to try and hook up with Ash Crimson until they learn they learn the horrible truth...

The truth is you are gay and they are opening their mouths for your ****? :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Necromancer wrote:
Tempest wrote:I wonder how many people are going to try and hook up with Ash Crimson until they learn they learn the horrible truth...

Now that is some seriously Freudian 'reading between the lines'.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

- Maximum Impact 2 and KOF: Another Story trailers: http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/event/tg ... /movie.php

The MI characters in the KOF OAV is the only thing that bothers me about it right now, they should just get rid of them, and of Falcoon while they're at it. It looks pretty good otherwise, even if Maxima looks retarded. I guess I should put this in the fighters thread, but I'm avoiding teh dreaded doubl3 post.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Necromancer wrote:

STFU n00b, you are teh ghey for thinking like that! :whip:

Hah, I got you good you fucker! :wink:
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61121

Hehe its the first time ever i have predicted Kojima.

I wrote in TGS thread that Snake is old just cause of the clone thing and that it hasnt been a decade since MGS2.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I love MGS as much as the next guy, maybe more, but I think Revolver Ocelot has outlived his usefulness. I know it hasn't been that long since MGS2 in the timeline, but even then, the MGS2 timeline by many people's best estimate is between 2006-2009. And from what he know/infer/learn from MGS3, Ocelot was born about 1944. making him between 62-65 years old in MGS2. In 4 then, sine we don't know exactly how long it has been, he will be anywhere from 70 to 80 years old (with a 40-50 year old, super decaying clone arm). Come one Hideo, let Adamska retire already.
ImageImage