General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by newbified »

Weapon which fires Miniature nuclear warheads.

Now that I've got one fully repaired it does about 921 damage, and the area around the blast stays radiated after you use the weapon.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:Oh, okay, thanks for the heads up. What's a fat boy though?
Portable Nuclear Missile Launcher. A persiflage of the Little Boy Hiroshima bomb.

Edit: There's really a freaking load of great games coming out right now. And come 13th of november I'll have to level my rogue in wrath of the lich king. Still haven't finished Dead Space (I'm hanging at some huge boss that is strapped to some kind of turbine). Need to finish Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles by then, and this week LittleBigPlanet also comes out. Damn, and Mirrors Edge on the 13th, that will have to wait until I hit level 80 :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, that fat boy sounds crazy. Can't wait to get one! I've been playing the hell out of Fallout 3, what an awesome game it is. I've only got one more task to finish the Wasteland Survival Guide. That's what I've been working on mostly, that and I saved Grayditch from the fire ants as well last night. I'm trying to do all the side quests I can find now before I move on too far with the main plot. Though some of the quests I don't want to do. Like I have no interest in helping slavers. >.>
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

How many party members can you have? Does Charisma play a factor in recruiting the number of party members at one time (like in Fallout 2)?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

From what I know, you can have Dogmeat with you all the time, plus another party member. I don't think you can take 2 humans with you, only dogmeat as a pet of sorts and a buddy.

I've only come across one possible party member up to now, some shady guy in the saloon in Megaton. Though I have freaking high charisma and speechcraft, he didn't want to join me because I was a goody twoshoes while he was badass.

Seems this time Karma is the deciding factor for people joining you, at least for that one it was.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I went over to a mate's place for a 'study session'. He had Fallout 3. We didn't get much study done.

I created a character which I thought would match my character profile in Fallout 2. I thought the stats distribution was less than the previous game, but then I remembered that I had the 'gifted' perk. So, my final stats were: Strength 4, Perception 6, Endurance 4, Charisma 6, Intelligence 8, Agility 7, Luck 4. Tagged Speechcraft, Energy weapons and Small guns. Figured I'd be worse off with big guns considering my strength and endurance suck. So I just got out of the Vault, and leveled up. I thought the tag skills would give me increased stats when I distribute them, but nope, it doesn't. I'm a bit disappointed with that, and I think that's my criticism so far. No starting perk is another one. Level 2 perks are kind of crap too, I just choose the one that lets me increase my stats. Also, VATS was more awesome then I thought. I'm smacking bitches with my baseball bat. Who knew that would be so fun? Hopefully, my buddy would send me a copy of the save state once I get my copy. Can't be bothered playing through all that again.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

So I shook Hideo Kojima's hand yesterday I guess???????!

Picture proof tomorrow.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Lucky!

You guess? Are you unsure of whether it was really him or not?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I'm pretty sure it was him. :P

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Where did you meet Kojima?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

On another note: Yay, hit level 80 with my shadowpriest yesterday. Did 4 heroics that evening too. Pretty much a piece of cake as long as we didn't pull 2 mobpacks then shit hit the fan and it was a wipe most of the time. But the bosses were OK to do. 2 epics for me *lalala* :D
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Starnum wrote:Where did you meet Kojima?
He magically appeared in Stockholm, Sweden, out of the blue. I barely had time to get train tickets (but I did get them, and then I waited out in the snow with some buddies for six hours for the signing event to start. I was the 30th in a line of four to five hundred). Rumor has it he'd been on a field trip to the offices of DICE, who just put out Mirror's Edge.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, now that's some dedication. I'm not sure if even I'd go that far, and I can be a pretty fanatical guy. :P

Grats though, now you got a keepsake and some memories to cherish.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

This just in:

I fucking hate steam. Bought Dawn of War yesterday. Official release date is today, but it was available at a large store here yesterday already. So at first I have to install steam... okay...

Then I have to register through steam... okay...

"The software you tried to register is not available in your country."

WTF?! I google the error, and it seems I can only activate and therefore install the game today after work, because today is official European release date. Fuck that.

When I can buy a game in a physical store I want to play that game on the same day, not wait a day. I don't care if it was the stores fault (they already had SF4 too but wouldn't let me buy it because today is official release for that LOL) - fuck steam activation.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I didn't know they enforced regions on Steam, that sucks. I still don't get why companies are dead set on enforcing regions, it's stupid and detrimental to the consumer.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge about marketing can answer me that: Why shouldn't I be able to buy content from another region?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
nroejb
imanewbie

Post by nroejb »

If gamestats.com is right, Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days will be released 12/31/09. Finally a reason to live! Already played enough Disgaea: Afternoon of Darknes and Soul Noman and the World Eaters to vomit blood.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

nroejb wrote:If gamestats.com is right, Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days will be released 12/31/09. Finally a reason to live! Already played enough Disgaea: Afternoon of Darknes and Soul Noman and the World Eaters to vomit blood.
How is this newer than Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice? Or is that PS2 still?
nroejb
imanewbie

Post by nroejb »

Soul Nomad (PS2) is older than Disgaea 3, I´m not sure about Afternoon of Darknes (PSP), Dark Hero Days (PSP) will be newer of corse.
The PSP (and the DS) adaptions of D1 have aditional content compared to the PS2 version. An Etna story mode, and the extra bosses:
-Addel (~Prier strengh) (twice)
-Rozalin (~Marjolly strenght, together with Addel)
-Zetta (~Baal-Prinny Baal strenght).

The PSP Version of D2 will have
-Axel story mode
-new classes
saberkitty
Angel Knight
female Samurai (for owners of D1)
Enteis [D1 version of efreet]
-D3 magichange system
-music shop
-a new magic element (peta)
-new weapons
-Asagai, Marjoly and Prism Red playable.

edit: 13:13:45 17.03.2009
Seems like Zetta, Mid-Boss and Prier are playable as well, nice!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

This made me laugh hard:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

So, a trailer leak from Team ICO. Looks legit enough for me to freak the fuck out goddamn that shit looks so fucking awesome.

Also, Zeno Clash 2 has been announced. I consider the original Zeno Clash to be GOTY 2009 so far, and I could definitely do with more from where that came from.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Whatever.

Shadow of the Colossus sucked.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:Whatever.

Nein... nein du.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

LordMune wrote:
Femto wrote:Whatever.

Nein... nein du.
Indeed.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

He's kidding, of course. Femto has to be a mean asshole, he has a reputation to maintain.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

when does ff13 come out?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil