Forum Service Announcement (Newbies Must Read)

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Forum Service Announcement (Newbies Must Read)

Post by Femto »

And it goes back to what happened a few days ago in the Berserk forum when a n00b started a thread asking some dumb question and I mentioned how much I hated that. It's pretty funny too...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php (aprox. 1.5MB)

Enjoy.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Awesome. This is quality, and should be in some spot so idiots, i mean n00bs can see it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I was actually gonna use that 'search function' joke on that guy who asked where he could get FMA on the manga section. Then my comp crashed and I didn't save any of my work so it's all for naught. Maybe I can do that next time :roll:

Yeah, this is funny stuff. It should be stickied, or something.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Thats awesome but in all seriousness, I've yet to notice a pure n00b here. I guess you worked hard to weed them out huh? :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I hate the word n00b. How bout idiot. Or moron face. Or faggmobitch. Or douche clown??

Any ways, we can reduce the number of stupid thread by making like a 25 post minnimum to post a thread.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

'fuck-tard'

buz: makes sense, but that would mean a bit more phpBB hacking.
Last edited by psi29a on Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well I hate having to flame the shit outa people for makin new threads that are gay. So why not just prevent em from making threads untill 25 posts. That could encorage em to post too.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

That is actually a great Idea.
"Context is for Kings"
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I agree.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, I had thought about something like that too. The thing is, some n00bs might try to spam the crap out of the board until they reach the 25 mark.

It's better than nothing though.
zokie
Mastered PM

Post by zokie »

Femto wrote:Yeah, I had thought about something like that too. The thing is, some n00bs might try to spam the crap out of the board until they reach the 25 mark.

probably... but then again to spam 25 posts would be kinda a lot so it could get noticed and ban or warn him or something....

btw i love the "beware of me tactical spam" title.... :roll:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
(i just could't resist)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

First day of this forum i had 100+ posts. Dio had about 200.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Yeah, I had thought about something like that too. The thing is, some n00bs might try to spam the crap out of the board until they reach the 25 mark.

Maybe edit in the FAQ about that, no thread-starting before 25 posts. No need for specific hacking. Presuming that they have read the FAQ, they wouldn't dare to start a new thread. Even if they spam the crap out of the board, we'll be warned beforehand and what kind of procedures to take. AND if they DO spam and say stupid shit, I'm sure most of us (ie You and Me) will discomfort the noob in various ways that will refrain him from commiting noobish acts.

So, you've been warned. No starting threads when you're new here, especially stupid ones. I have a thin patience. Otherwise, I'm cool with you. :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Spam isnt necesarily bad. As long as its usefull and in the proper areas.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Spam isnt necesarily bad. As long as its usefull and in the proper areas.
Hey, I'm a spammer too, if you've forgotten. :wink:

It just has to skillfully applied in appropriate areas. I've spam a lot in the early stages of this board. I spam with discretion nowadays.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

No seriously though. You know who spams discretly? Starnum. Hes at about 1000 posts and you dont really even think he posts that much.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

For the most part there aren't any spammers from what I've seen. Then again I need glasses. XD
"Context is for Kings"
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am not a spammer. :roll:

I think Starnum posted a whole lot at the beginning and has let up alot recently. When I first started posting he was posting alot more than he does now. Me on the otherhand am picking up steam. So close to change rank. :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:So close to change rank. :D

I *hate* my rank...

:oops:

And I feel like spamming.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well only 2 more posts for me, then I can look back at all you little people.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Looks like I'm ready to start posting! ^^ Thanks for the informative video.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:AND if they DO spam and say stupid shit, I'm sure most of us (ie You and Me) will discomfort the noob in various ways that will refrain him from commiting noobish acts.
What the fuck am I, chop liver? Oh wait, now I remember, an actual Mod, yeah, that's it. ;)

Anyway, it’s not spam if it’s useful. I rarely ever spam. Oh, and no need to put a post limit in the Rules, let’s just flame Noobs as we always have. That’ll teach ‘em. ;)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I actually thought about sticky-ing this thread too...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I didn't know you had that option, and since the title said it should be stickied, and most importantly, I agreed with it... Well, you see the result. ;)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't... Those are m0d powers only. I guess it would've been more appropriate to say that I was thinking of suggesting that this thread be stickied.