OS X Lion comic reader

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

jfss
imanewbie

OS X Lion comic reader

Post by jfss »

I upgraded to OS X Lion last week, and this morning realized that my comic book reader (jomic) would no longer work without Powerpc support. Have any Mac users found a decent comic book reader that works with lion? I want to read the new Berserk.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: OS X Lion comic reader

Post by War Machine »

I haven't upgraded to Lion yet, but I've always used Preview when reading Berserk. You can go full screen with command+shift+F and if you need to zoom in you can do it with either option+scroll (a hidden command for Preview only) or ctrl+scroll (a system wide command).

Aside from that, I don't know what else one would need in a reader.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

It's always been Windows Picture and Fax Viewer for me...
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Preview works really nicely. I don't know if War Machine has a workaround, but the only issue I have is that I have to select all the images, right click and then open with preview, but after that I can just apple shift f and get through the pages easily.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

No, you do have to select everything, but another option is using Quickview (or whatever it's called). Just select the first picture and press Space Bar, you can go fullscreen and zoom just like normal and it doesn't involve opening Preview.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »