Movies of 2010.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Movies of 2010.

Post by papasith »

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is-th ... sign-us-up

not sure if this is real yet, but i like the direction they are takeing...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nice. I'd watch it just for Michael Jai White's badass. If it is a new movie, looks like it'll be way better than the first few movies. ;)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The new Mortal Kombat seems to be all that you want it to be, cant wait :)

Saw Green Zone, thought it was pure crap actually. If your looking for a good movie see A Prophet instead that was damn good.

Edit: Talking about bad movies dont see Valhalla Rising, couldnt even finish it but I did my best but couldnt see the last half hour

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

So yeah, Splice is a joke.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Rolos wrote:So yeah, Splice is a joke.
Agreed.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Femto wrote:
Agreed.
I'd hit it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Toy Story 3 was a great sequel, but that shouldn't be a surprise.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:
Femto wrote:
Agreed.
I'd hit it.
:lol:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I wasn't really looking forward to Thor but the preview is really promising.

Anyone catched the news about Guillermo Del Doro going forward on his projet ''At The Mountains of Madness'' from a short Story by H.P. Lovecraft, which will be produced by James Cameron ? best film news I've read for a while. Also, Sucker Punch by Zack Snyder looks awesome. that wil be fun.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

If you do not see the Expendables you are not a man. End of story no matter what you say.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, yeah I gotta go see this. Just because of the stacked cast, legendary. The only big action stars that are missing that I can think of are Jackie Chan and Jean Claude. What do you guys think, any other iconic action stars you would've liked to see in this movie? They got the big 3 tho, so the rest is just the icing on the cake I guess, heh. Tho Arnold only has a cameo in this one, right? Still, its fairly rounded out. I also wouldn't mind seeing Michael Jae White in this lineup, even tho he might not be as famous or whatever. Though I was a little surprised to see Rourke in the mix. I can see where they're coming from there, but he's not someone who normally comes to mind when I think of big action films.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:Heh, yeah I gotta go see this. Just because of the stacked cast, legendary. The only big action stars that are missing that I can think of are Jackie Chan and Jean Claude. What do you guys think, any other iconic action stars you would've liked to see in this movie? They got the big 3 tho, so the rest is just the icing on the cake I guess, heh. Tho Arnold only has a cameo in this one, right? Still, its fairly rounded out. I also wouldn't mind seeing Michael Jae White in this lineup, even tho he might not be as famous or whatever. Though I was a little surprised to see Rourke in the mix. I can see where they're coming from there, but he's not someone who normally comes to mind when I think of big action films.
I think the reason he didn't get Jackie Chan is because he mostly did a lot of action/comedy. Dolph Ludgrens role as Gunnar was offered to JCVD but he refused it saying he didn't want to do an ensamble cast. JCVD is just full of it... I mean his carrer is so hot right now hes gotta turn down good work :roll:
Terry Crews role was supposed to go to Wessley Snipes but I think he had some legal issues with his taxes. The movie was great for what it is. Storyline is weak but the characters are awesome. There were parts where people in the audience just started cheering/clapping. The part with Sly, Willis, and Arnie is legendary.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Scott Pilgrim vs the world was hilarious, ingenious, innovative, creative, playful, joyful and shallow. The way it played with different media was awesome, and the actions and lines of each individual character were always fresh and surprising. It completely captured the spirit of the comic, while simultaneously adding a variety of different stuff that made it overally cooler and more awesome.
If you like to be surprised, shocked, flabbergasted and drugged by the government, you'll love this movie. Wait. Forget the last part. Oblivion~!
Anyhow, what I liked about this movie is how openly childish everything about it is. It's an epic of irresponsibility, negligence and sticking it to whoever tries to make you accountable. It's shallow, unpretentious and proud of it.
You cannot not avoid to not watch this movie. It won't be anyone's favorite, on account of how irrelevant and meaningless everything about it is, but it'll probably set a landmark in movie making.
Didn't like the ending, though.
The milkman should have died.

P.S.How obvious it is that I haven't actually watched it yet? I want to be a movie critic, for a short period of time, at some indeterminate point in the future! Yay for bullshit!
~Diogenes of Sinope
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The killer inside me - Well Casey Affleck ruined the movie a little bit, his acting is strange. Other than that the movie was entertaining even though some things left you wondering why the main character did what he did.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Scott Pilgrim was pretty good.

There was a point somewhere in the 4th or 5th ex fight where I thought "just get this shit over with already" but it was still enjoyable.

Also, the two lead actors (Scott and Ramona) were horribly miscast and were the weakest part in an otherwise excellent set of characters.
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

Got to say that I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim. Looking forward to Tron Legacy. Jeff Bridges AND Bruce Boxleitner reprising their roles as CLU and TRON? Fuck yeah.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

127 Hours is the best movie this year.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Do you think it'll still be as good if you already know what happens. Obviously it'll still be good as I haven't seen the movie, but I've already heard the true story before the movie came out. So I was wondering if you think I'll still enjoy the film as much, knowing what's going to happen and all. I really wanna see the movie either way, I just thought I'd get your opinion on that.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

For sure.

I knew of Aron Ralston as well.

In fact, I'd say that the idea that somebody really went through something like that makes it even more powerful.

And know, the movie is not really about the arm cutting.

It's totally about the character arc.

It's fantastic.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sweet! Can't wait to see it.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just watched "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".
It's...not good.
Pretty fucking boring, actually.
There's nothing even remotely resembling a plot, the characters are retarded and nothing made sense from start to finish. And the music, meh.
There are better musicals out there.
I did like the rampant decadence, though. That was fun. I love decadence, and the movie did try to appeal to that part of me, but its attempts were weak and half-hearted.
Call me old fashioned, but I do believe a proper orgiastic bacchanal requires a sacrificial murder, and at the very least one pair of twins fighting to the death for the visitor's amusement, preferably using nothing but their fists.

Also, The Tourist is so bad it's sad.
~Diogenes of Sinope
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Tron: Legacy
Not bad, but forgettable. Also, I love how bad Olivia Wilde is at pretending to drive when she's talking to Flynn's son for the first time.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Saw 127 hours yesterday and it was fucking awesome.
I already knew that eventually he would cut of his arm but I didnt care one bit about it.
Franco must get an award for this.

[spoiler]I still cant believe he used that tiny knife to sever the arm[/spoiler]

Buried: Well it was an ok movie, compared to 127 Hours its nothing worth your time.

Ticking Clock: This movie was pure crap, crappy music rounded with bad acting.
Cuba Gooding Jr should stop making movies period.