I guess Michael Jackson is dead.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

I guess Michael Jackson is dead.

Post by Femto »

And I'm just completely indifferent about it.

If anything, I'm glad that media circus will finally be over.

Or at least it will be after they've milked out his death for all its worth.

Here's to Billie Jean.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: I guess Michael Jackson is dead.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I liked his music, and it is shocking to see that he died at age 50, but yeah, he did some weird things...
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I guess these things do come in 3's. 3 celebrities have died within days of each other, it's kind of crazy how often it happens that way. Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett died as well, and now Michael.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I guess he went over the top when he started training with Lou Ferrigno.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Femto wrote:And I'm just completely indifferent about it.

If anything, I'm glad that media circus will finally be over.

Or at least it will be after they've milked out his death for all its worth.

Here's to Billie Jean.
For once, I completely agree with Femto. Yeah he made some great songs, but he also did some really creepy stuff in real life. People dying always sucks, but I dunno, I didn't know him, so I can't really moarn his death. Indifferent is the right word to describe it.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Allegedly did creepy things.

I believe the man is/was innocent.

His death saddened me greatly.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

"By dying, our lives are bleached clean." -Gantz

No pun intended. I never really had any beef with Michael Jackson, but I'm pretty much with Aether and Femto on this one, I can't say I really care either. I'll miss Ed McMahon more, even though he hadn't been doing much in the media in the last few years, he's still a late night legend. As for Michael, some of his music was okay. I liked Billie Jean and Thriller and such, but regardless of what he did or didn't do, the guy did get a little creepy. Whether he molested those children, or was just a victim of greed, who can really say. However, there was plenty of other things that he did and especially some of the things he said, that were at least in my opinion, fairly creepy. I mean, all the plastic surgery, the thing with how he became white...and especially when he dangled his baby out the window. Stuff like that just made it hard for me to get behind the guy. Regardless of how much people are hounding you, you don't dangle your baby out the window. Also, I can't remember the name of that skin disorder he said he had, but I've known people that have it, and their skin didn't turn completely white. More than likely he didn't like the way it made his skin look, I mean most people probably wouldn't like being spotted, so I assume he used plastic surgery to even it out. Personally I think I'd just go with it, I don't think it looks bad personally. Anyway, this is just some of my own opinions and personal observations, but like I said I never had anything against Michael really, he just never really interested me, and was a little creepy. Who knows if he really did the really bad things people said, I try not to hold things against people if I don't know or at least believe it to be true. Though whether you like him or not, he was a huge celebrity, so you know there were tons of people who loved the guy, and that's fine by me too. In any case, I don't believe in speaking ill of the dead, and that's not what I'm trying to do here. I'll give my respects to the guy, he's gone now, so hopefully all is forgiven, and he can find peace in death.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

he is definately one man i am happy is dead, not for any malicious reason, but so that his soul can be laid to rest. compared to any other star out there his life was the wierdest by far, and wierd shit happened. and the plastic surgery, God, he's like the poster boy for why not to do it unless a bear ripped your face off.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You guys know how Michael Jackson died?

Food poisoning.

Yeah.

They found 12 year old nuts in his mouth.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

think it might be something to do with the recession?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:Another untimely death:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays
Sorry, but who (and yes I read the article)? Or as Femto would probably phrase it:

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

They say that celebrity deaths come in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in another one ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Zing!

Yeah, that's kind of crazy though. I saw him on the Tonight Show just last week. Man celebs are dropping like flies, what's going on around here. >.>
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

dialdfordesi wrote:They say that celebrity deaths come in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in another one ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Hahahaha.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Too bad, i already bought a ticket for one of his concerts... i hope i get my money back though :|
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I guess since he's dead he won't have to pay for breaking his contract. :?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yeah, that's like the perfect timing to fuck over all the people planning on going to those concerts ... I think in this case his estate and ticketmaster will have to refund all of them ... but I heard he was a few million in debt.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:Yeah, that's like the perfect timing to fuck over all the people planning on going to those concerts ... I think in this case his estate and ticketmaster will have to refund all of them ... but I heard he was a few million in debt.
I believe its over 500 million.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

*trying to resist urge*

*resisting*

*urging*

Ah, what the hell.
The Prince wrote:I believe its over 500 million.
It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaand!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

No need to be pricks about it. Being happy someone you didnt know being dead is twisted.....

Even if i didnt like his music i wouldnt make joke about him or his death.

The media circus is a given, he was the biggest star in the world for many years. Its hunting season for media. I was sickned by the crazy after five mins of CNN news the day he died.

To me he was the greatest singer,artist,dancer. I was saddened by his death greatly. Some people you wish lived as long as possible. Doesnt matter how wierd or sad his life was in his later years.

Although he isnt really death to me i listened to his songs most in my Ipod and I listen even more now. Off the Wall album for weeks. The 70s MJ music i didnt know so much before is so awesome, R&B,soul like.

The really sad thing about MJ is how powerful the media's power of some people are. Too many people believe everything tabloids told them. Plastic op was wierd,tragic but the white sickness,other things media made things over and people see proven facts is just some ******......
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

i realize what you mean about it being kind of twisted to make light and fun of someone's death, but i mainly have a problem with is how much people care if someone dies based on popularity and such )and how popularity in stars goes up when they die)

i guess what im trying to say is i think in death everyone is equal, and everyone else is building it up, SOMEONE has to bring it back down.

but then again i accept my way of thinking as twisted :D
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

papasith wrote:i realize what you mean about it being kind of twisted to make light and fun of someone's death, but i mainly have a problem with is how much people care if someone dies based on popularity and such )and how popularity in stars goes up when they die)

i guess what im trying to say is i think in death everyone is equal, and everyone else is building it up, SOMEONE has to bring it back down.

but then again i accept my way of thinking as twisted :D
Death is equal. But how you mourn isnt. I mourn a childhood hero of mine, a great musician,singer,dancer. I dont mourn him as when my grandmother died since i didnt know him personally.

Its a given i care more about his death than people i dont know and people whose didnt do great music that i enjoyed.

The hype and popularity rising in stars after death isnt something MJ or his fan can help. Its the media and some hype.

He isnt Kurt Cobain or James Dean who died without doing really doing something but dying young. He did rated,hailed music since he was 8 years old. He isnt someone that got advantage of dying young.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Death is equal. But how you mourn isnt. I mourn a childhood hero of mine, a great musician,singer,dancer. I dont mourn him as when my grandmother died since i didnt know him personally.

Its a given i care more about his death than people i dont know and people whose didnt do great music that i enjoyed.

The hype and popularity rising in stars after death isnt something MJ or his fan can help. Its the media and some hype.

He isnt Kurt Cobain or James Dean who died without doing really doing something but dying young. He did rated,hailed music since he was 8 years old. He isnt someone that got advantage of dying young.
Quality post.

I'd like to add that I was really bummed out by the fact that Anna-tramp-Nicole's death got more way coverage than James-Godfather of Soul-Brown's.

Ah, the media.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Media care about who is great news to me them.

Brown was a music legend, but he wasnt as much potential target to hype up as Nicole Smith.

Brown i didnt really listen to a bit before i was able to back listen to old school music but i understood his greatness,importance. I thought he was a cool as old, cant imagine how he was at his prime.