Greyhound

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Greyhound

Post by The Herald »

I'm sure you all heard about that wacko in Saskatchewan last summer that stabbed some dude then cut his head off while he was still alive ... this thread is not about that. More like what are your experiences with Greyhound. I usually take it down to Seattle for the convention there, and the ride down is easier because the American border guards are more fun, the Canadians are just mean (yeah, you heard me right). I'm going to be finding myself sitting either in a greyhound station or an all night coffee house to catch a 6 am bus after an 8 pm Shinedown concert.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Greyhound

Post by dialdfordesi »

Greyhounds aren't too bad if you can manage to sleep through the ride.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

one time i was in line when they were inspecting the bags of everybody the person in front of me had 6 jugs full of methadone. that must have been like 12 litres of the stuff, gross. safe to say he wasn't allowed to bring it.
JaeHee
imanewbie

Post by JaeHee »

Last time I rode the Greyhound the guy across the aisle from us had his pants down around his thighs, and was carrying nothing but a bag of empty picture frames. He weirded me out just a bit...
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Never been on greyhound but the one time I took Trax(light-rail system in SLC) there were a bunch of drunk people trying to do flips with the hand rails. Although no one fell on their head, it was pretty funny.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I hate riding the bus, especially on long trips. Riding the bus practically turns a moderate length trip into a long ass grueling journey.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

But lower stress and cheaper. I rode the bus to school and although the commute time was doubled (two hours there and back), not having to deal with traffic or weather was very nice. Had heavy snow storms and didn't have to worry about it, just be patient. Could read or whatever while riding, that helped a lot.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

For city commuting the bus (not Greyhound) is definately the way to go. But then again I got spoiled with that because the first honest time in my life I rode city busses instead of school busses was in London England and they have the best public transit on the planet. Safe to say Vancouver is not as nice, but it still gets you where you're going. And because of bus lanes in this city the bus is alot faster, and a lot cheaper. As for greyhound, they get the job done, sometimes as fast, sometimes not, but if you're going from Seattle to LA wouldn't you rather not have any responsibilty and huge windows? Personally I'd splurge and get the plane ticket, because as most of us I don't have all the time in the world.

And then there's trains, same crappy seats as a greyhound, and about as slow, but more expensive than a plane. Well, on this continent anyways.