Desktop Thread

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Re: Desktop Thread

Post by psi29a »

Sortep wrote:damn am i gonna have to bust the enlightenment out?
e17? :)

I'm so lame, I'll take my kde and go hide over here. ;)
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

my desktop shot was kde... but if i'm not doing something that requires officey type crap... i'm using the latest trunk of e17.... it's magically delicious and by the time it's done will probably steal alot of fluxbox, and *step users
Bow to Golbez
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

here we go... here's my e17 desktop... finally got wifi in slack working right... newest trunk of e17... it's actually pretty spiffy and fast... anywhoe now i can quit spamming this thread

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

My new desktop:

Cyne
imanewbie

Post by Cyne »

everyone has nice desktops heres mine:

depression is just anger without enthusiasm.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Well, this is mine:

Not precisely original, but I like dark wallpapers and this is one of the best I have found.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Not my artwork, but the person who made it said he was thinking of BLAME! while making it. got it from deviant art.
Also it's a bit cut off on the right but theres not much more over there.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

shit... your computer must be a beast if you can run assassians's creed on your pc.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

My desktops on my work laptop (+flatscreen):

Linux on my Home PC:

And Windows on the Home PC (I don't really use windows for anything besides playing the occasional game and streaming media to the PS3 via TVersity, therefore the desktop is cluttered with icons):

Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Been using this for awhile.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Still using Mac OSX 10.4, I see. You should give Leopard a try, it actually runs faster than Tiger.

Here's my desktop, the photo is from some artwork that comes with the new Radiohead album:

And here's my desktop from the Windows partition (or should I say, gaming partition?), I just finished cleaning up all the trash I had in it and I don't know where the picture's from, but it fits well with the theme:

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

New Desktop for me.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea I bought my mac a couple of weeks before tiger came out. But didnt wanna upgrade right away because i heard there were bugs among other reasons. I recently contacted them about getting an upgrade, but those lousy bastards wouldn't let me. I wanted it for free of course.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The offer is that they'll give you Leopard for $10 bucks (sorry, not free), but you have a limited amount of time to claim it (about a month or something like that). I had to remember my sister to do it cause she almost missed the deadline.

If you still can, I recommend getting Leopard, they've already updated it twice (they're on version 10.5.2), so the bugs are virtually nonexistent. If you can't get it, well... Anything you find on the bay of pirates is usually fine, Apple doesn't use serial numbers or anything to track you down, so all versions are the same.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wait I won't need any sort of key? So a downloaded copy is just as good as a store bought copy?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yes, no real difference. Just use "Disk Utility" to burn it so it can boot automatically during start up (it comes on all Macs, look under Application/Utilities). And remember that the Install DVD is dual-layer, so burn it to a DVD-R DL (8.5GB).

That's pretty much it. Once you install it, they give you the usual menu for registering, but you don't have to answer everything if you don't want to, but you could; either way, they won't go after you.
Last edited by War Machine on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'm still gonna call apple and see if I can get myself a free (or $10 copy).

But be forewarned I may come to you for assistance with this in the near future.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I've worked with Macs since before they were cool, I know what I'm doing, and I will help you with anything you need.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

War Machine wrote:I've worked with Macs since before they were cool, I know what I'm doing, and I will help you with anything you need.

AHAHHAA macs are still not cool. HAHAHA
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:
War Machine wrote:I've worked with Macs since before they were cool, I know what I'm doing, and I will help you with anything you need.

I bought a mac because I want to be like that cool hip guy from Die Hard 4, not some fat dork.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

halfnhalf wrote:

He he he! Oh, I beg to differ:

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/04/11/jpmorgan ... ales-down/
http://bwnt.businessweek.com/it100/2006/index.asp (Look at position number 4) (Also look at the Revenue Growth, highest for 2007)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:

He he he! Oh, I beg to differ:

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/04/11/jpmorgan ... ales-down/
http://bwnt.businessweek.com/it100/2006/index.asp (Look at position number 4) (Also look at the Revenue Growth, highest for 2007)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I tried looking for a funnier comic but I couldn't find it. I'll have to settle with this:

Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Figure I'd take a editing break and make a post.

That's how my desktop looks at the moment but I switch things up a lot.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.