Sig/Avatar ratings... ~Version 2.0~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Sig/Avatar ratings... ~Version 2.0~

Post by FightClub »

:lol:
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

FightClub is no longer in.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

FightClub's Mel Gibson avatar has that whole "OH SURPRISE BUTTSECKS" look.

Edit: Serious new avatar is serious.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So what's the avatar from then?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Do you not know Ergo Proxy? If not, gotta watch it, definately one of the best anime of the last years.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Starnum wrote: Yeah, that's true. I always try to consider directionality when choosing my avatar. I have a nice Final Flash cell, with Vegeta looking to the left, that I might use later. For now though, you get the animated gif. It's the best one I could find of Vegeta, that I liked. Not to steal the animated gif idea from Herald, but you've gotta love an animated avatar. Right DPPro? He knows what I'm talkin' about.
Meh, I don't mind. Sometimes you just can't do DBZ justice without having it animated, the awesomeness just doesn't shine through. Also, how would anyone know if it were Super Saiyan 2 Gohan if there were no lightning? Lightning just looks straight up funny when it's stationary. 8)
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:Do you not know Ergo Proxy? If not, gotta watch it, definately one of the best anime of the last years.
I've heard of it, but I haven't watched it yet, and don't know what it's about. I'll have to look into it if you say it's so good.

*edit*

Sounds kind of like some Asimov shit, or maybe GITS. Hopefully the story has plenty of original material. I'll try to check it out some time.
The Herald wrote:Also, how would anyone know if it were Super Saiyan 2 Gohan if there were no lightning?
The hair. That's how I always tell, with all of the saiyans. Vegeta's probably the toughest to determine, because his hair already spikes up so much, but I can tell even with him. Their hair gets even spikier and a little longer than even normal Super Saiyan. It's really easy to tell with Gohan, especially Cell Saga Gohan, because his hair looks almost completely different when he goes SSJ2. However, in the Buu Saga he starts styling his hair similarly to how it looks when he's SSJ2, so it becomes a bit harder to tell then, but if you look closely you can still tell the difference between normal SSJ and SSJ2. It's all about the hair. Just study the hair, and all shall be revealed. XD
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Starnum wrote:
The hair. That's how I always tell, with all of the saiyans.
I knew that, I was just trying to make a dumb DBZ joke. Hell, I figured that out when I was 10.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were joking. Anyway, I don't think I even knew what a Super Saiyan was until I was at least 12, but I've got five years on you, so that's understandable. When I was 12 you were 7, just FYI. I was just wondering how old you were so I went and checked. Now if you were the same age or older than me, that would be impressive that you knew about SSJ2 when you were 10. Though I'm not even sure when the Cell Saga even originally aired, sometime before '96, I do know that. It wasn't until like 2000 in the US I think, or close to then. I know we aired it a long time after it showed in Japan, by at least 4 or 5 years. I already knew all about SSJ2 before I even seen Goku actually go SSJ for the first time in the anime, heh. XD
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Unfortunately I had a buddy who had watched DBZ in Japanese and he revealed all of the interesting bits of information, like Trunks being Bulma and Vegeta's kid. That may be one reason I like DBGT, if only a little, no one ruined it for me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, most of DBZ was ruined for me, but I enjoyed watching it and seeing how everything got to where it was.
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

haha, i joined on friday the thirteenth, awesome. i chose my avatar because i love puck and my buddy is going to be puck at an anime convention and she's making me help her make it so i haveto familiarize myself with the character. i see a lot of you are dbz, which is my favorite anime after berserk, but i think i'll be a berserk guy on a berserk forum for a little while at least
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

NP, several us around here change our avatars regularly. I used to always use the same avatar, but now I like to change it from time to time.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

new signature thing. A funny gif.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, Ed is great.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I changed my avatar because after watching this really horrible tv special that just came out for Dragonball I couldn't stomach I decided that the Saiyan through Frieza sagas were the best part of DBZ (I still like the other parts though). Everything was there, urgency, good character development, fear of death, and a villain that you could really hate because he was a tyrant.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails,
when we forsake good series
and let the DBZ plague spread far and wide,
but it is not this day.

An hour of Vegeta avatars and Casketa worshiping,
when the age of men comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!
This day we fight!!

No more DBZ avatars! From now one, we FIGHT BACK!

Proxy one avatar, I summon thee!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't worry, I'm sure the DBZ phase will wear off eventually and we'll all change to something else.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Hopefully something GOOD this time. Like, I don't know, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, if you are into shounen. Ergo Proxy if you are into sci-fi.
Gantz if you are into raw nudity and violence. There are so many good series out there....
Last edited by Rolos on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Rolos wrote:Hopefully something GOOD this time. Like, I don't know, there are so many good series out there......Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, if you are into shounen.
Couldn't even finish the first episode of that.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:Hopefully something GOOD this time. Like, I don't know, there are so many good series out there......Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, if you are into shounen.
Hush you! DBZ is good, heh. Everyone's got their own tastes. I think I only watch good anime, because I only watch stuff I like, but not everyone likes the same stuff. *shrugs*

I haven't watched Gurren Lagann yet, but it looked kind of trippy. Not sure if I'd like it or not, but I don't judge things until I've seen at least a FEW episodes.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

But it is not this day!

This day we fight!!
By all that you hold dear on this good forum,
I bid you stand, Clan of Vegeta!!!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

All your avatars belong to Darkseid.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am