So, hey, they killed the guy!

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

So, hey, they killed the guy!

Post by Rolos »

Congratulations, I suppose.
If you don't know what this thread is about, then I advice you to get out of the bunker you live in, you fucking lunatic.
There was no nuclear war.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: So, hey, they killed the guy!

Post by DrPepperPro »

Finally, GutsCo kills the Captain Pirate slash Sea God. Anyways this should be in the Berserk section, and post links to those 321 spoilers you must have.

Interesting insinuations about nuclear war, I wonder if the astral realm is made of atoms, and could support a nuclear reaction. I predict Void and SK will work together in the end of the manga to think-produce a nuke in the astral realm and ram it down the vortex's throat, thereby destroying the entire astral plain and resuming us back onto our current timeline. Miura is the after effect of the shockwave which traveled to the future and had astral repercussions on him which gave him the subconscious idea to write the story.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

One of the countless meatsacks dead, whoop dee doo...
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

As for me, I just hope this whole arc is over.
Yeah, I know killing the Sea God doesn't necessarily mean all the tentacles are intermediately going to die after it (what with the extraordinary regenerative capabilities of legendary creatures), but that hardly means Guts & Co. should stay in the cave for another tedious and poorly justified side-quest, year after year, promising themselves and everyone around them that it's going to be over soon and that they're just doing it out of self-defense.
I say they should leave the island, or at least be more honest about their reasons to be there, and just get it out of their system.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they remained in the island for another 2 or 3 years if Miura were to say "I don't really know what to do with the story from here on" publicly.
~Diogenes of Sinope
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Rolos wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind if they remained in the island for another 2 or 3 years if Miura were to say "I don't really know what to do with the story from here on" publicly.
That... that would be fucking hilarious.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You know what I'd really like?
A world in which politicians are openly evil.
It really bothers me that most of recent history's most horrible, and in retrospective, frankly evil political decisions have been made by people who acted basing their actions on a poorly elaborated conception of righteousness, honestly believing they were doing a good thing for the world and its peoples.

Why couldn't they just get out in the open and proudly proclaim they're not doing for the oil, they're not doing it for the resources and that god knows they're not doing it because they think it's they right thing to do, no, they're doing it because seeing children dying amidst abject misery get them off?

At least that way someone would enjoy the fucking dumpster that is world politics.
Oh, that is a brave new world I dream of.
Not necessarily a utopia, but a fun place to live nonetheless.

Wait.
Scratch that.
I actually wouldn't mind if they were secretive about it.
It'd be kind of fun, and add a whole new layer of deception to a plot so decadent Caligula himself would frown upon it.

There it is.
That's my opinion, right on the table.
I don't mind the world being a miserable place overall, as long as the people responsible for it want it to be that way, and secretly enjoy it.

As it is, it's just an incongruous, chaotic, nihilistic party that went out of control around the time people realized jagged rocks not only beat paper, round rock and scissor, but also brains, faces, mouths, etc... A place in which no one's sure what going on, few care, and those who do are invariably too stupid or impotent to make any lasting difference.

Malevolence I can understand, even forgive, incompetence I cannot.

Hahaha, no, no, I'm just messing with you guys.
Freedom, justice and the american way! yay~!

P.S. God, I'm such a tosser.
Last edited by Rolos on Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Rolos wrote:Hahaha, no, no, I'm just messing with you guys.
Freedom, justice and the american way! yay~!
Heh yeah right...
brunoafh wrote:
Rolos wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind if they remained in the island for another 2 or 3 years if Miura were to say "I don't really know what to do with the story from here on" publicly.
That... that would be fucking hilarious.
I second that LOL I'd cry tears of sadness together with that lol though...
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

ELFHELM WILL BE UPON US MAY 21ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REPENT AL YE UNFAITHFUL NAYSAYER BERSERKERS!!!!!!!!