Earthquake!

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Earthquake!

Post by Rolos »

Holy shit! An earthquake just struck Santiago!
Big fucking deal...
I can't contact any of my friends, though.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Earthquake!

Post by War Machine »

Big earthquake... Hope your friends and family are ok.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Re: Earthquake!

Post by Rolos »

They are all alright. There isn't that much damage, really, mainly minor stuff.
The only real problem are the roofs, which are usually covered with a type of tile called "Spanish Teja", which is used both for decoration and to prevent rain leaking.
Needless to say, the teja layer of the roof doesn't fare too well when confronted with strong seismic activity. Most of the "ruins" they are showing on tv are just that, broken tejas. It's not really a vital part of the building, it just makes them it prettier.

Even if shit was going down down there, well, it's not the first time. It happens like, what, every 20 years? The only reason they are giving this so much media coverage is because people is still shaken and tense by how fucked up Haiti was left after theirs.
If someone asks you for money for chile, tell him or her to fuck off, chile shouldn't need it.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope