Intersting Bush Fact

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont really dislike Bush. I only wish he wanst a puppet.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We need bush to be on Crank Yankers.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

He would get frustrated and declare war on comedy central...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

There has been war in the middle east for thousands of years. The different religious factions have always been at eachothers throats. You would think that it would end sooner or later since they arent only killing eachother but themsleves as well, but it doesnt. I say we help out the lesser evil or just kill them all.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Gaiseric: yikes, by that same logic the English should have taken the initiative sack the usa during the "Civil War". Tread carefully man.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Gaiseric: Yea your logic is kinda twisted man
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

psi29a wrote:So, you like the status quo? Sorry, just means more people will starve, be oppressed, and eventually killed.

Its alright though, I enjoy talking from people all over and finding their opinions. ^_^

There are things about Bush that I do not like. Iraq & Afghanistan isn't one of them.

It is an imposibility for any military action against Iran from the usa. It just doesn't work. With a democracy in Iraq, there is a better chance to stablize the situation and prevent maverik Isreal from doing anything. I'm all for nuclear power, but since when does nuclear power require high grade fissable material almost exclusively found in warheads. Just doesn't make sense.

North Korea is a failing economy, using scare of nuclear weapons to force usa into bilaterial talks to get monies and other resources. usa won't have any of NK's guff, and wants multi-lateral talks which I support. The ultimate goal is to have NK government collapse, but no country is able to help NK's civilian population because of how paranoid that country is. It is just a loose/loose situation. Unfortunatly, no matter what action is taken, people will loose their lives.

I'll be first to admit that no one is perfect. Bush is a cowboy with many personal ticks that I dispise. I do however support the current stance on foreign policy.

I dont like the status qua but military action cant never bring peace.

Its good that Saddam is gone from Iraq but that could have been done better than killing a lot innocent people and in Afganistan 60-70 000 innocent people died for nothing since Bin Ladin is still free.

I also saw on the news that the taliban have got strong again in the north of Afganistan....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

That is interesting, considering that the "Northern" Alliance operates in that region.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The northen alliance is bassicly crushed, its been like that since Ahmad Sha Massud died.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh and the Taliban was never bad, it was the arabs that corrupted it. The afghan members of the taliban were pretty much fine. But because the government was destroyed after the soviets invaded , the arabs were able to take over.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then it really is true that you cant believe everything you hear on the news....

Or they were talking about another part of Afganistan than the north.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I hate threads like these because it eventually turns into a heated political debate...

Now, if all the politicians died the world would be a happy place. I already got a plan. My bullets are marked with the names of politicians. Oh, guess what? Bush gets a clip of ammo with his name on it. And Howard has a frag grenade with his name too. Lucky bastards.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

AHAhahah hahaha i just heard on the radio what this whole thread was about! ahahah Bush was smoking weed with Snoop!! AAHAHAH
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

psi29a wrote:*Lincoln was a rat bastard who basically commited treason, dismissed states rights, and strengthened the Federal Government. Thanks to him, we have the Republican Party, a party of idiological right wing nuts made up of what was left of the Wig party and the IRS.
Since I'm not working on a plantation at that moment I'm not going to say anything. Well I'm not on a plantation yet, which I will be on in another few years working long shifts for shitty rates because I couldn't stay in school.

I'm souless and heartless for the most part(wish I was fully). So for anything that doesn't have a direct affect on me I could care less for. It's just plain ignorance for the world that surronds(sp) my being.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Though I disagree with alot of what Bush is doing, and dislike him as a whole. One thing I do believe is that the end does justify the means. And what I guess I mean by that is that violence is sometimes a necessary evil. I don't agree with what Bush is doing, but somtimes people need to die to save lives. Violence is someimte necessary to stop violence. People as a whole are greedy. People who get in power want more power, therefore even killing every politicion, there will always be someone else there to step in. The only way to truely stop violence is to slaughter all of humanity, but that is not a realistic nor practical solution. So sometimes its necessary to fight wars to make lives better.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Isn't it funny how counter intuitive life is sometimes eh?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

God i hate you Machiavellian thinkers ! The ends don't justify the means.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its only logical to me. One life to save a million, which woudl you choose? That may be a more obvious choice then you ever see in real life. Reality is much more cruel and the everything is in shades of gray then black and white, but sometimes people must die to save lives, or wars must be fought to stop wars. It is a never ending cycle non the less, but it is something that is inescapable, and therefore you must choose teh path with the best outcome.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

It all counter acts with morals but morals don't matter when the event hits close to home. would we care so much about the "threat" in the middle east if two planes didn't fly into the trade center. we would but not to this extent. Peoples lives don't carry an importance to mankind if it lets them sleep better at night or whatever. So I'm just disapointed that we could act as we are above the common animal but turn into them if something doesn't go our way. Personally I'm a Hercurles(sp) Beetle so i'm not a animal.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Oh I think we are animals, just highlky evolved in some ways. Our intelligence and communication are far beyond that of any other animal, but that does not make us not animals. Many other animals are highly evolved in other areas. A shark has super hieghtened sense for example. A great white shark is about as highly evolved as a marine predator could be. I agree with you Malvado to some extent, other than I am not necessarly disappointed by our actions, because those actions are just the way humans are. Its human nature. Throughout history we see examples of it.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

All I ask you is why go after Iraq. Collen Powell himself said that they did not post an imediate threat.l
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Well, I'd just like to give some opinions of mine.

First of all, I do not think we are animals. Can you seriously consider yourself an animal when you are capable of talking about politics and the world like this? Not only that, but we have come far in science and philosophy, and are capable of explaining what little we can about the world as it stands today. We have curiosity, and are always trying to answer the important questions in life. We are not perfect, but we have all the time in the world to reach perfection. We might be genetically close to an animal, but c'mon, we are better than creatures that act purely on instinct.

The second thing I'd like to mention is that being too one-sided on something like "the ends justify the means" is a little biased. It's easy to say that when you or your loved ones are not directly involved in the issue. Think a little bit, about how you would think if someone close to you would have to die because of this ideal, this "ends justify the means". I'm sure your opinion would change. Mine did, when I almost lost someone dear to me in 9/11. It's not black and white, and there is no definite answer. We should just try to cope with everyday stuff, while trying to stay true to our opinions, even if they are insignificant in the larger scale of things.

As for Bush, I could care less if he's smoked weed or not. I mean, most of us have done it, right?

EDIT: just grammar and structure issues...
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

We had no reason to in my mind. I believe the end justifies the means, but in this case I think Bush only wanted to do what his father coudln't do. I have many other theories, but I don't feel like listing them all now. But I think its mainly him finishing his dads war.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:All I ask you is why go after Iraq. Collen Powell himself said that they did not post an imediate threat.l
Oil? :roll: To find non-existent and imagernary amounts of WMD.

If the US government wanted to play guardian angel, they should have send some troops to Sudan.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

3 Posts at about the same time, now I got to comment on them all.

I take a scientific few on most things, and in the case of humans being animals, scientifically there is nothing to point to us not being just another animal. So that i my belief. Also we do react on instinct. We wrap it up in logic, but when things boil down to it, we react with our insticts. We run from what scares us, we go to what gives us pleasure. You can say we don't but in reality we do. If you watch someone you love getting attacked, you woudl jump into protect them wihtout thinking, why, cuase its instinct to pretect the ones you lvoe. We only use logic when our emotions our under control, anytime our emotiinis are hieghtend, during happiness, sadness, fear, anger, we throw out logic, and we rely on instinct. If we reacted on logic alone, there would be no wars, and everyone would be equal and the world would be a utopia. Communisum would actually work, unlike all the failed states that tried it. Yes we have the ability to use logic, but we don't always use it, especially when it comes down to the line.

For example say your loved one is carrying a disease that could wipe out millions of people once it reaches the infection stage. Logically it woudl eb smartter to kill or quarantine him/her, but would you want to watch them die, you woudl try to justify it with logic that there is a better solution. So the ends justify the means is generally teh more logical approach, though not always a good one.

I was saying ealrier that in the real world there are only shades of grey. That is what makes alot of these dicisions hard for politiicions or normal people in daily lives. In reality to truely achieve perfect logic one must throw out all notions of emotion, since emotioin only hinders logic. But a world like that would not be practical nor worht living. Emotions are what make life worth living. Sadness, as much as it sucks, make happiness so much sweeter.

We are far superiour to animals in most ways, but I would still say that is all we are. Other animals have societies. They use tools or strategies when hunting. We call it instinct, but I believe that they make choices as well. Humans themselves are goverened by instinct. Our curiousity brings fear, so we turn to things like religion or science to bring an end to the fears of the unknown. I think we do use logic for most of our lives, but many major points of your life if you look back, were probably made by emotions and instincts rather than logic. I group emotion and instinct together.

Some people may be offended by that, and I am sorry. I am only stating my opinion on this. Most people I believe probably hold alot of different views than me on this subject matter. I believe to each there own. We have our beliefs and we try to convice others that we are right, but noone is right. We all just have different versions of the truth. I have a pessemistic outlook on humanity. And once again I am sorry if I offend anyone by anything I said.

On a lighter note, and getting back on topic, I really don't care that bush smoked pot, I just found it funny and worth posting about. I actually had a discussion with a friend a while back about how most of all the upcoming presidents will have smoked pot, many may have done more. They lived through the sixties and sevienties. Marijuana has become part of our society, for better or for worse. Our culture is still affected by it. Our arts and entertainment. Though it is still illegal it has become a part of our culture.