American and its fuck you to our rights

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

American and its fuck you to our rights

Post by halfnhalf »

I know many of you are actually not apart of the United States, which will make your input very interesting to hear, but currently in the United States we (the citizens) have had most of rights taken away from us. I know our rights on paper is much more laxed that many other countries but lately, espically the past 8 years, Americans have been taking our rights for granted. Now with the government allowed to tap all of our communication, the removal of our Habes corpus, the president pardoning himself from future war crimes, the president having the ability to determine who can be considered an "enemy combatant" (that means the citizens as well can be targeted), and most importantly the news tht Oklahoma has delcared sovereignty in June and less than 1% of Americans even know about it or even what sovereignty means. (our news channels have said NOTHING about this, CNN and it bullshit news have been covering the race for president).

I know some people will say that i hve been coxaed with conspiracy theories and lies, but ask a person that was there in the aftermath of Katrina. The government sent troops to "help" which meant breaking into people homes and taking any firearms that they had, and placing them under arrest if they did have any.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=67229 (oklahoma)

http://www.theseminal.com/wp-content/up ... fisa2a.jpg (it is a pretty big image)

One of our founding father said "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
-Ben Franklin

And from our declaration itself

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

While i know i didnt mention about the Federal Reserve (a central banking system, and the reason America is in debt), but it was said long ago by argubly one of brightest men to ever live.

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. "
-Thomas Jefferson

even more sightful words from our man Jefferson.

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. "

"If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, and give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses; And the sixteen being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they do now, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account; But be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains around the necks of our fellow sufferers; And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for a second, that second for a third, and so on 'til the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering...and the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression. "

"Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"

What do we do from here? Something needs to happen, but none of us know what to do, or how to do it. The government has the military force, they are taught to never disobey authority, and are taught to defend the president's words. Though in truth, our military is suppose to do only one thing, uphold the Constitution when in need.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Re: American and its fuck you to our rights

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

well, none of those news surprise me but your country has at least some good points : for example, you have some really great journalists who tell the truth once in a while (I don't think the belgian press has the same quality level as some of your newspapers, sadly).

on a bad note, I see no hope coming from your future president, the 2 candidates lie and have obvious flaws.

you used some nice quotes, here is one in french about nations by Etienne de La Boétie in "Discours sur la servitude volontaire" (if someone can translate the quote correctly for me, thanks) :

«Qu'une nation ne fasse aucun effort, si elle veut, pour son bonheur, mais qu'elle ne travaille pas elle-même à sa ruine.»

(bad translation : "A nation can do no effort for her own hapiness, if she wants to, but she shouldn't work at her own ruin")

my only observation : you don't know what to do, you say, but it seems obvious to me : vs a corrupted government and a strong army/police, you should promote the revolt on an individual note, every day at every occasion, talk, act and show that you don't and won't ever agree with illegal and/or humiliating orders, to quote an anarchist : "we can (choose to) do nothing, here is the best reason to act".
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
MetalChef
imanewbie

Re: American and its fuck you to our rights

Post by MetalChef »

Wise words indeed.

I've been interested in your political situation for some time now, and i must agree with you that the fundamental stones of your country have been buried and in some ways forgotten.

What i believe one of the problems may be is that lying has become too easy nowdays.
People use tools and lies to unite people under a banner, covering the truth down below.
Not to be criticizing or anything but i believe that religion is one of the biggest banners. There are many religious people in the United States and you have many different churches with different opinions.
In what better way can you convince people that one thing is right than if God or Jesus thinks it is?

Aside from that we have the old and functional "common enemy". In what better way can you lure people to think like then with a common enemy?
Combine those two for example and you can shape your country to what you think is best.
You can get away with almost anything, because it is after all for the greater good. For the safety of you family and friends from the common enemy. Or for the sake of your belief.

I do not mean that belief is wrong, it's just that some people use it as a tool to accomplish their goals.

And in the confusion of all this, all the rights and wrongs, many have forgotten the strong fundamentals of your country, believing that what they do is right.
I think that you need a great leader, one who can stand above the warping truths of the media and the lies and again remind the American people that the way you are currently going is casting your liberty and your rights in the grave.

I myself am a Swede. Not many weeks ago a new law was made official. Now all our information flow can be tracked and observed by the goverment.
E-Mails, text messages, phone calls, everything. Most of the people is against this law, and by the looks of it the next party in goverment will rip it up.
People in charge will always test the citizens if they deserve liberty and privacy, and the people can never back down, because if we do, we are lost.