Evolution vs creation row ends in stabbing

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Evolution vs creation row ends in stabbing

Post by psi29a »

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 77,00.html
The Scottish couple and York, neighbours at the caravan park, were becoming friends and spent the night of January 27 drinking at the Star Hotel in Tumut.

However, towards the end of the night, an argument between York and the pair about creationism versus evolution escalated into a shouting match at the pub.

The couple, both biomedical scientists, had been arguing the case of evolution, while York had taken a more biblical view of history.

"Although this became perhaps a little sharp edged, it did not really amount to anything," Justice Michael Adams said during York's sentencing in the New South Wales Supreme Court today.

"For some reason, however ... the offender's mood changed suddenly and he began to abuse Mr Boa and Ms Brown.

"There was no hint of a physical confrontation and what a happened amounted to little more than a brief verbal contretemps."

Although the altercation had been defused by the time the Scottish tourists left the hotel, it became inflamed again at the caravan park when all three were quite drunk.

According to Ms Brown, York was making dinner when he attacked the couple outside his tent, stabbing Mr Boa with a kitchen knife as the argument escalated.
And the 'debate' rages on across the world...

Is this the consequence of blind faith?
guywildman
imanewbie

Re: Evolution vs creation row ends in stabbing

Post by guywildman »

I think it's more the consequence of to much alcohol. Crazy shit happens when you're drunk
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I hate when people blame alcohol for their stupidity.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Israfel74
imanewbie

Post by Israfel74 »

Is this a consequence of blind faith? I think that faith was necessary but not sufficient for this particular incident to have happened. This guy was obviously an unstable human being (beyond his ignorance of evolution). As for alcohol, around half of the stupidity is CNS impairment and the other half is our cultural belief that unleashing the stupidity we normally suppress is the appropriate and acceptable thing to do when drunk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

See, this is what I'm talking about.

BELIEVE IN MY GOD OR I'LL FUCKING STAB YOU!!!

Yeah, that's going to work. Real way to win over the masses. What a dumb-shit.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

What the hell. If anything this should be a thread be named " Drinking Ends in Stabing"
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, when crazy stupid people drink, it can lead to very bad things. Though, it's not necessary for said bad things to occur. Anyway, as for the title of the thread, Psi is just an instigator. :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Remember, kids, don't drink and argue.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
MetalChef
imanewbie

Post by MetalChef »

2 things that can ruin any party: Politics and Religion
Don't be a party pooper, keep the discussions where they belong.