The forum's own Killfile, interviewed on MSNBC for newsvine.

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

The forum's own Killfile, interviewed on MSNBC for newsvine.

Post by psi29a »

Some of you may be wondering where Killfile has gone or been, and let us just say he has been very busy as of late. Enough so that he has been interviewed by MSNBC. Congrats to him for stepping up to the plate here and at newsvine!

Video can be found here:
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en- ... 85b3813d7e

Discussion about what was talked about can be found here:
http://tang.newsvine.com/_news/2007/10/ ... television

Again, congratulations!

I will try to find youtube/google video and post here as well and see if there is more!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: The forum's own Killfile, interviewed on MSNBC for newsvine.

Post by Eldo »

Well, I see that Killfile had to dress up to cover his hammer and sickle tattoo. But he couldn't contain it any longer and brought up and questioned corporatism, that commie.

Joking aside, congratulations Killfile. It's great to see him representing the community, which seems like a rarity these days in politics. Perhaps this would encourage more people to vote, after listening to issues that they might care about. We have our own celebrity at this forum, I wonder if he gets recognised from now on when he walks down the street. Anyway, congratulations comrade.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

That was very very cool, congrats Killfile 8) Not too hip on Msnbc (but its better then Fox huh? hehe, O'reilly would prolly tell you he would zombify Joseph McCarthy so he can brunch on pinkos like you :lol: ) but hopefully they will invite you more, so it can be more exstensive then that was.

Psi, since the dude doesnt visit here anymore (rather inactive politics section and all, so understandable), do you know if he is gunning for real journalism? Instead of a much needed, but still an online hobby journalism. Asking because he is REALLY good. Bookmarked his columns/articles last time you linked, and they are pretty interesting (though I dont read as much because I'm interesting in the international scope of the politics, the domestic one I only have a shallow grasp on, though reading his articles is educational).
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

So i was saw this last night, and starting reading about newsvine, lost track of time and was almost late for class.

What makes this intresting, our professor starts talking about corruption in the media (white collar crime class) about how much the media controls what we see. I opened my big mouth, and said that the internet is a solution to the problem (ie, bloggs, personal news sites, and newsvine). Well enough because i mentioned that, he kept on asking about solutions to problems, white-collar crap, loans, credit, and fraud. Like i had answers to all of those, i am the one taking the class!

Well after class was over the professor wanted to know more about newsvine, so i told him what i knew about it and wasted more of my time cuz halloween parties dont wait for me. Let's hope i get an A out of it.

So if you ever see a profile that keeps talking about white-collar crime and how its worse than anything, its him.

http://today.uci.edu/Features/profile_d ... sp?key=107

oh, totally forgot, but he is a well respected man in Orange County, so my bad...
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

halfnhalf wrote:oh, totally forgot, but he is a well respected man in Orange County, so my bad...

He's cute too. Can I has?
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Yea, busy is a good word for it. I've been writing a lot of stuff but it has mostly been for Newsvine. Psi used to tell me to cross-post stuff here but now that we're no longer in the same office :( that's no longer a possibility.

Those of you that have profs that are interested in Newsvine -- please feel free to direct them my way. I'd love to help bring the academics on board.

I'm glad you enjoyed my 3 minutes of fame. I don't think anyone has given me enough credit for not signing off with something like "workers of the world unite you have nothing to loose but your chains!" I know... I must be slipping in my old age.

Off to change my sig. I've found a new latin line for it: "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]