Why we curse

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Why we curse

Post by War Machine »

A very nice essay by Steven Pinker on why we curse:

Edit: I found a new link.

http://www.tnr.com/currentissue/story.h ... e61a45377e
Last edited by War Machine on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Re: Why we curse

Post by MsNomer »

I'm totally bummed. I am doing a paper on swearing for my Deviance of Social Control course and your link got me excited so I clicked it... I clicked it real good... only to be disappointed with this:

"We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be displayed.

Click here to return to The New Republic Online."

poop
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

They seem to be moving and some links aren't working yet. I'm sure they'll post it back were it should be eventually, but let me look around for a copy in the mean time.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

War Machine wrote:They seem to be moving and some links aren't working yet. I'm sure they'll post it back were it should be eventually, but let me look around for a copy in the mean time.
Thanks! :)
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]