NBC reporter busted at Defcon

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

NBC reporter busted at Defcon

Post by halfnhalf »

[youtube]nCvmkxO5hoQ[/youtube]

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/0 ... -at-d.html

hackers are a bit smarter than pedos...
psi29a
Godo

Re: NBC reporter busted at Defcon

Post by psi29a »

As someone who has actually been to defcon, this is normal behavior. Typically, it is spot the "Fed", now that Defcon has been around a lot, the Feds don't mind being outed, it has become more of a running joke on both sides. Though I wonder how anyone can make a connection between a hacker and a pedo, just seems disingenuous bordering on slander.
DefCon security on Friday warned attendees at the annual hacker conference that Dateline NBC may have sent a mole with a hidden camera to the event to capture hackers admitting to crimes. DefCon says it was tipped off by their own mole at Dateline who sent them a pic of the undercover journalist who DefCon employees identified as producer Michelle Madigan.
Bottom line, don't fuck with people who know how to get information.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

psi29a wrote:Though I wonder how anyone can make a connection between a hacker and a pedo, just seems disingenuous bordering on slander.
It's a stab at NBC's To Catch a Predator series.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Ah, I caught that after clicking and reading TFA. 8)
Dateline NBC is best known for its controversial To Catch A Predator series, which uses hidden cameras to tape men who are allegedly seeking to have sex with minors they met online.
We don't get Cable nor NBC broadcast where I live... so I've missed out on all this 'great' investigative reporting. Stupid people won't even install a dish on my roof. :(
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I don't know how great or frequent their "investigations" (NBC's) are, because I don't watch a lot of news, but I did see when they set-up that pedo. Man, did he end up looking like an arse, lol. As for this occassion, it seems it was NBC with mud in their eye this time, heh.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

that was awesome. i love how defcom has a mole in NBC