New Yorkers Are Stupid

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

New Yorkers Are Stupid

Post by Killfile »

[youtube]RnP0snh_1cU[/youtube]

Ok, not all New Yorkers... but these New Yorkers are.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Re: New Yorkers Are Stupid

Post by MsNomer »

It's Bush's fault. He's cited it so often that his lack of credibility has rubbed off on it, and the details have become vague in the consciousness of the people. Having him at the helm is just making us stupider and stupider (that means less smart).
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

But come on... I'm far from a fan of Bush but you can't blame him for people not knowing the ninth month of the year. Or for failing to ask "Um, why do we call it 9-11?"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nah people were that stupid in that country even before Bush.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yes, I have watched this. This is an Australian (Firth) in America asking Americans random question. It's a segment on the Chaser's War on Everything (the name of the show broadcast in Australia).

There's another one where Firth asked people in a pub during Superbowl how American Football is played. None of them could answer it.

Here's Westboro Church:

[youtube]S8cN2pB3MCE[/youtube]

War in Iraq:

[youtube]fvOrPd_fqCA[/youtube]
And yes, New Yorkers are stupid.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote:Nah people were that stupid in that country even before Bush.
I love you too.

Yeah I have seen this already. It is sad because I am not that stupid (really I'm not) and I am from fucking baltimore so that makes me a baltimoron, uncultured, and with no view of the outside world. THAT IS FUCKING NEW YORK, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR FUCKING MULTICULTURE FUCKING CITY.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its funny yestday i was watching an interview with Mike Wallace from CBS 60's mins in Al Jazeera. Riz Khan was interviewing him. He asked "are americans ignorant of whats happening around the world, they are not told by the fox news etc whats really happening?"

Wallace tried real hard coming up with a good answer. He ended up saying "we dont....really know whats happening...yeah...it might be so..." I was smiling, thinking who are you trying to fool?

Then you see something like this and go what the f****** "you dont even know what happened in YOUR country!!!".
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Libaax wrote:Its funny yestday i was watching an interview with Mike Wallace from CBS 60's mins in Al Jazeera. Riz Khan was interviewing him. He asked "are americans ignorant of whats happening around the world, they are not told by the fox news etc whats really happening?"

Wallace tried real hard coming up with a good answer. He ended up saying "we dont....really know whats happening...yeah...it might be so..." I was smiling, thinking who are you trying to fool?

Then you see something like this and go what the f****** "you dont even know what happened in YOUR country!!!".
Not just America. :P

Some of us keep up to date with the comings and goings of the world and even locality news. Though, unfortunately this is universal to any country out there. Those who actively participate in this forum have shown a high level of news acumen that isn't common in the majority of people.

That is the difference between those who surround themselves in their area of specialty or hobby, and those who couldn't be bothered. We all live in our own little bubble/world. I couldn't tell you the first thing about how to fix a car or how fuel efficient the Prius is in comparison to other hybrids. It just doesn't effect me, so I have no need to research it or any desire to hear news about it and seek it out.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Still Riz Khan had a point when he asked if people in US maybe wouldnt be as easy to fool with situations like Iraq if they had better news networks that gave more balanced news stories.

Im not saying Sweden is different. Their news is the same as CNN and other american news networks. Its only about Iraq,Palestina,Israel. Like thats the only places in the world.

Which is why i dig english Al Jazeera not cause they show more of my home country than i have seen in western news networks in 15 years but they show stuff like fisherman in Thailand having problems with thier fish etc. They are truly world news. Its a shame more people dont watch it thinking its only like the western news networks but the other way being pro eastern causes. I saw an docmentary about Kongo and thier blood diamond that showed true human suffering that it was almost too much to watch.

Im not saying americans are more stupid than the rest of the world, heck no all of human race are as stupid :P Just saying he had a point with the american news networks spinning too much of thier angle on the news or not giving the people news stories that made them understand the rest of the world better.

Lets face US is the only super power and the world police and only american people can stop the next Bush. So even if people in sweden is as ignorant of the rest of the world that doesnt hurt the world as much cause they dont have a pres that can make up an excuse and bomb countries to pieces.

The first time i saw Fox's News and people like O'Reiley i actually felt sorry for people that watch that news channel.....

Of course im talking about a certain number of people in US. Not saying everyone dont care as you say many of us in this forums care enough to know more of the world than the avreage joe in our countries.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Libaax wrote:The first time i saw Fox's News and people like O'Reiley i actually felt sorry for people that watch that news channel.....
I agree with you, I just wanted to quote this specifically because I think there is an important distinction.

There is News and then there is Entertainment/News Commentary.

Fox is in the game to make money, the best way to do so is to hire people with faux journalistic credentials and add commentary. Other news networks have picked up on this too.

O'Reiley and his ilk (even gas bags on Air America) are to TV as Rush Limbaugh/Savage Nation are to Radio. Talk Radio essentially. They get paid to voice their viewpoints, and people listen because they agree and want to feel vindicated in their 'beliefs'.

That isn't news, just as the forums (our forums) is also not news.

As you said, thus far Al Jazeera has just shown footage and reports. They may be more biased on certain issues that effect them and their viewer-ship than traditional western audiences, however from what I've seen it has been devoid of commentary. You can tell it pains them not to say something derogatory or throw their hands up in disgust like O'Reiley does, but they don't do it and that is very admirable.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Exactly the problem is Entertainment/News Commentary.

Yeah Al-Jazeera surprised me too with them being so professional. I have seen other arab networks and they are no better than Foxs news but on the other side even hailing the terrorist.

Who said our forums was news?

Other than Al-Jazeera and watching swedish interior news reports, i like reading news papers. Less Entertainment/News Commentary in the ones i read.
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Unfortunately the news in more and more countries is owned by the same few corporate entities that own the media here in the US. those few corporations are interested in profit, not news. If they can fill a time slot with canned "news" releases from some other powerful corporate entity, avoiding the investigative and production costs of finding real stories, they will. As long as they have something to go between the commercials for Geico, Comcast, Toyota, Ford and Chevy, they feel like they have had a successful day.

I watched Fox news for an assignment during the Hurricane Katrina coverage and counted the ads, timed the segments and qualified the "news" being shown. In a half an hour there were 8 car ads for 5 different brands and approximately 13 minutes of "news", those minutes comprised primarliy of pictures of devastation and sound bites from talking heads stating the obvious.

I am not sure how we can present the news to the American people... all the outlets are closed.
Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

I wouldn't blame Bush or the news corporations, Bush pretty much does what his dad and party tell him to do (If he doesn't know what he's talking about, how can they be his dumb ideas?), and the news has done what it's always done. If people are still dumb enough at this point that they haven't realized how the news works, or how to distinguish from obvious BS or bias, then they are definitely more at fault. I just don't understand how people can still be oblivious to something so obviously wrong like this. To see that so many people are easily persuaded on a daily basis, and lack the ability to look just a little deeper into things is really a sorry sight.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah.

Let's go to Times Square, arguably the biggest fucking tourist center of the city, and assume that everybody in there is a New York native.

And what percentage of the interviewed people were actually shown in the video?

50%? 5%? 0.1%?

This thread is bullshit.

Is it too late to post in this thread?

I have no idea.

I probably won't visit this forum for another 6 months.

Cheers.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Pantera is gay

new york is gay

Cali is not gay

Massachusetts is gay

Femto is gay
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Pantera is gay

new york is gay

Cali is not gay

Massachusetts is gay

Femto is gay
And this is relevant to the topic, how?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

MsNomer wrote:
Pantera is gay

new york is gay

Cali is not gay

Massachusetts is gay

Femto is gay
And this is relevant to the topic, how?
Relevance is gay.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.