OnStar sucks!

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

OnStar sucks!

Post by psi29a »

Tina H. had this interesting story about OnStar:
A friend of mine had On Star in her vehicle. She ended up getting rid of the vehicle when it turned on her. She was late one day and was speeding on the highway. On Star came on and told her that she was exceeding the speed limit and needed to slow down immediately. She ignored it. It warned her two more times. She ended up getting stopped by the police a little way down the road. Come to find out, the On Star system informed the police that she speeding, how fast she was going, where she was located, and the vehicle description.
I can't vouch for the veracity of this story, but here's a web site about privacy concerns related to OnStar: http://www.onstarprivacy.com/.

Getting rid of the vehicle, though, seems a bit drastic. One could just cancel the service. And here's a great spoof of the OnStar commercials (Warning: may be offensive to blondes):
http://www.wxpnews.com/LSV4GO/070605-OnStart-Spoof
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: OnStar sucks!

Post by War Machine »

I don't trust GPS on any electronic device especially when any government organization can get my information just by asking. What if I want to rob a bank? The police would be able to find me very quickly.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think the problem you should be evaluating is why you're robbing a bank :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I don't think I ever will, but it's nice to know I could do it if I wanted to. :)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

We can do this shit up Evil_Genius' 11 style. ;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

and then when we're depleted of funds Evil_Genius' 12 and 13 style right? ;)