New Reality Show... Where The Loosers DIE

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

New Reality Show... Where The Loosers DIE

Post by Killfile »

Via Newsvine
STEP aside Big Brother housemates - three dying contestants competing for a donated kidney will plunge reality television to fresh lows this week.

A terminally ill cancer patient will gift one of her kidneys to one of three recipients chosen by a television audience, in a bizarre Dutch program.

Viewers will watch video clips depicting the three "contestants" chatting about their lives - and then will vote via text message to literally save one.

The identities of the would-be recipients will be kept secret until the program airs, but it is known all are Dutch, and aged between 18 and 40.
Wow... now that's entertainment.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: New Reality Show... Where The Loosers DIE

Post by Eldo »

They could really spice things up in Big Brother by putting homeless people in the house, and then put a hidden gun somewhere in the room. Instead of competing against each other for money, they can compete for food instead. Talk about cost cutting. In the fridge there's a carrot, tomato and a piece of celery, and they have to fight against each other for the food.

Imagine some completely healthy arsehole that joins the show just to deny the rest of the recipients the kidney. What an arsehole.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Turns out this was a hoax to raise awareness of organ needs.

Oh well... I don't mind falling for a well-intentioned hoax.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Killfile wrote:Turns out this was a hoax to raise awareness of organ needs.

That's too bad, I'd watch it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Killfile wrote:Turns out this was a hoax to raise awareness of organ needs.

Well intentioned,yes. Helpful trick because it got thousands to sign up for donor lists. But still, it's a very cheap way to go about it. The plight of people who are in need of donor organs is very real and to sensationalize it like this doesn't do any good. You'll briefly see an influx of people who'll sign up to become donor, but once the sentiment that's been artificially induced through this entertainment show subsides, people will go back to business as usual. Structural changes are needed, not cheap and easy fixes that only work very briefly. If at all. Very shamefully done of them.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

When I rule the world, I will make organ donation manditory along with recycling and carpooling.
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

MsNomer wrote:When I rule the world, I will make organ donation manditory along with recycling and carpooling.
damn hippies! :evil:
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

damn hippies! :evil:
:roll:
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

One I rule the world, I'll built a Death Star and blow Pluto away. Planet, dwaft planet, who cares? It's gone. Yes, I'll built a giant Death Star just to piss the astronomers off. And no, it's mine. However, I'll incorporate MsNomer's ideas with recycling and carpooling by having the recycling plant in the Death Star made out of recycled material, and a pool of cars in a middle of a lake.