Jack Thompson Sues Microsoft

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Jack Thompson Sues Microsoft

Post by psi29a »

An anonymous reader writes to mention that Jack Thompson, in his latest bout of zealotry, has set his sights on Microsoft for their recent release of Halo 3. GameAlmighty has posted the letter to Bill Gates.
Jack Thompson wrote:Here's the deal, Mr. Gates: Either Microsoft undertakes dramatic, real steps, through its marketing, wholesale, and retail operations to assure that Halo 3 is not sold, via the Internet and in stores, directly to anyone under 17, or I shall proceed to make sure that Microsoft is held to that standard by appropriate legal means. I have done that before successfully as to Best Buy, and I shall do so again as to Microsoft and all retailers of Halo 3.
http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-indiv ... on_Halo_3/
Sortep
n00b eater

Re: Jack Thompson Sues Microsoft

Post by Sortep »

Jack Thompson is the devil... Why would anyone go so far to "help people from video games" when simple education and good communication by parents will negate any ill effects of the fantasy world video games create while the kids will still be able to enjoy the greatness that video games are
Bow to Golbez
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I hate this fucker for making me feel sympathy for Microsoft.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Thats just some publicity stunt for Halo 3
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Not so much a publicity stunt for Halo 3, but moreso for Jack. He's the asshole that got GTA3 removed from alot of stores. May he rest in piss.
Bow to Golbez
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Hes against Microsoft... Even if it takes a little visit of The Geek himself and some of his convincing friends and fellow hypnotists, Halo 3 will not be hindered by this event.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Finito wrote:Hes against Microsoft... Even if it takes a little visit of The Geek himself and some of his convincing friends and fellow hypnotists, Halo 3 will not be hindered by this event.
Like you stated, it is only for more advertising.
In fact this will only help Halo 3 sell more copies IMO.