U.S. immigration changes looming

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

U.S. immigration changes looming

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

WASHINGTON - A bipartisan immigration deal that would grant legal status to millions of people in the country unlawfully is drawing criticism from across the political spectrum.

The bargain reached between key Democratic and Republican senators and the White House faces an uncertain future in the Senate, which is set to begin debating it Monday.

"I don't know if the immigration legislation is going to bear fruit and we're going to be able to pass it," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who harbored "serious concerns" about the deal.

Even if it were to survive what's certain to be a searing Senate battle, the measure would be up against long odds in the House. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., acknowledging deep divisions on immigration among Democrats, says she won't bring it up unless President Bush can guarantee he will produce 70 Republican backers - a tall order given GOP concerns that the bill is too lenient.

The agreement, which also mandates tougher border security and workplace enforcement, marked an extraordinary marriage of liberal and conservative goals that has the potential to bridge stubborn divides and ensure enactment of new laws this year.
Video
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=0 ... 34778/&fg=

President Bush supports this bill as do many other congressmen. Do you think this country should give amnesty to millions of illigal aliens when there are millions of legal aliens still in line for citizenship?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The agreement, which also mandates tougher border security and workplace enforcement
Seems to me like that bill has some alternate purpose, I would like to read it carefully before trusting it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
psi29a
Godo

Re: U.S. immigration changes looming

Post by psi29a »

This is my stance on immigration...