Operation Bite: April 6 attack by US forces against Iran

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Operation Bite: April 6 attack by US forces against Iran

Post by psi29a »

http://www.inteldaily.com/?c=166&a=1478

[quote]WASHINGTON DC, -- The long awaited US military attack on Iran is now on track for the first week of April, specifically for 4 am on April 6, the Good Friday opening of Easter weekend, writes the well-known Russian journalist Andrei Uglanov in the Moscow weekly “Argumenty Nedeli.â€
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well....

it does seem funny that this "scoop" hasn't appeared in any regular international media. But then, I can only speak for German online newspapers.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

I've seen this mentioned on democracy now & msnbc :?:

but Its not surprising the u.s. wants to attack iran bush said he was going to change the middle east
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

April Fools...?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i like how they chose the sabbath day to attack on. the Iranians better throw a russian in each of their plants now
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

http://cbs4.com/national/topstories_sto ... 55555.html
The U.S. Navy on Tuesday began its largest demonstration of force in the Persian Gulf since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, led by a pair of aircraft carriers and backed by warplanes flying simulated attack maneuvers off the coast of Iran.

The maneuvers bring together two strike groups of U.S. warships and more than 100 U.S. warplanes to conduct simulated air warfare in the crowded Gulf shipping lanes.

The U.S. exercises come just four days after Iran's capture of 15 British sailors and marines who Iran said had strayed into Iranian waters near the Gulf. Britain and the U.S. Navy have insisted the British sailors were operating in Iraqi waters.

U.S. Navy Cmdr. Kevin Aandahl said the U.S. maneuvers were not organized in response to the capture of the British sailors — nor were they meant to threaten the Islamic Republic, whose navy operates in the same waters.

He declined to specify when the Navy planned the exercises.

Aandahl said the U.S. warships would stay out of Iranian territorial waters, which extend 12 miles off the Iranian coast.

A French naval strike group, led by the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, was operating simultaneously just outside the Gulf. But the French ships were supporting the NATO forces in Afghanistan and not taking part in the U.S. maneuvers, officials said.

Overall, the exercises involve more than 10,000 U.S. personnel on warships and aircraft making simulated attacks on enemy shipping with aircraft and ships, hunting enemy submarines and finding mines.

"What it should be seen as by Iran or anyone else is that it's for regional stability and security," Aandahl said. "These ships are just another demonstration of that. If there's a destabilizing effect, it's Iran's behavior."
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html
MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.
Would ya look at that... April 6th is right around the corner. April Fools this is not.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

What i love about the military is how they announce their plans to the public so that the enemy can get hold of it and then plan ambushes so that the attacks fizzle and our military ends up with its thumb up its ass...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

I don't particularly trust Russian news. Vladimir Putin hasn't exactly been Washington DC's 'friend' through out this whole thing.
The carriers, yeah, they're there but hopefully it not April 6. (or anytime for that matter)
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

this isnt exactly "new" target iran the book by a former un weapons inspector told of united states doing the same forumla for iran as they did iraq.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the US could have leaked the news of the attack itself. if Iran knows its going to be attacked, then it'll probably be much more willing to acquiesce to our demands than if they think the US wont attack them
psi29a
Godo

US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Post by psi29a »

source
The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as "myths." There was no immediate response from Washington.

The reports come as the Iranian chief of staff, Hassan Fayrouz Abadi, was quoted on Saturday by Iran's Fars news agency warning leaders of Arab countries that Israel plans to open a "suicidal attack" on its neighbors this summer, to "prevent the withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq and the area."

"I warn the dear leaders and Muslim brothers in the neighboring countries of the occupied territories that this suicidal attack of the Zionists is threatening them," he said.

The countries in danger, he said, were "Lebanon and Syria, and later Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia."

Also on Saturday, Russia urged Britain and Teheran to resolve the dispute over 15 British sailors and marines captured by Iran last week, a local news agency reported.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin urged the two sides to provide the United Nations with their own assessments as to what happened and where exactly the detention occurred so that the body could conduct an independent probe.

"We hope these actions will provide a foundation for the soonest possible resolution of the crisis," Kamynin was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Not good. Perhaps Iraq was only the start to World War 3? First Iraq, now Iran. If and when Iran is attacked(either by us or Israel)iss gonna trigger Russia stepping in against whoever does(Iran supplies them with oil). Will we ever see an end to this war now? Perhaps not.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Wait wait...did you just say Iran supplies Russia with Oil? :lol: Yes...Russia are short strapped of Oil, they dont just supply most of Europe with Oil themselves and the countries leading men are more or less filthy rich oligarchs :wink: Russia's interest in Iran is quite different if I may say so.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

30% of the World's Oil goes through the Straights of Hormoz, so any action against Iran will have a major impact on the world economy.

Why do you think Iran is acting they way they are?

The question can be answered in that they are politically and economical at the center of the world's attention. Not because they are crazy, but because the world either directly or indirectly relies on them for some part of their economy and they want a bigger piece of the pie than "the West" is giving them.

The mullahs are not stupid. They have an agenda and they don't want to see an end of the world scenario.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Not to defend the mad mullahs (though I defend the right Iran has in not bowing down and becoming a puppet, aslong they as dont be aggressive like going to war), but I understand why they play out it the way they do, and use the upper hand they have. Which is the economic and political importance of their country. Them being politically aggressive is due the alternative being a puppet to the West like Egypt and the rest of ME countries are (the US basically pick the leaders there). Its not all about being fanatics, but more or less just being the political game of fighting for influence and throwing around your weight ( but too many think they are simpletons and fanatics, and that its not mostly rhetorics used for a clear purpose).

The much criticised point of them wanting a nuke is understandable and questionable, but not so much when you ask yourselves of why they want it. Because their natural enemies (Israel) have it, and non seem to be bothered with that. And more importantly, that it may be a very helpful leverage to not get fucked by the worlds only super power, like the rest of ME has.

The point I truly dont see any point in and dislike them about is mostly how they incite between shia and sunni muslims, and hence distabilize the entire ME (trying to support oppressings or terrorists so shias can get more influence in ME). But I guess thats political too, and has a checked history background. Being how the arabs, who are mainly sunnis, have been treating and oppressing the shi'te iranians like shit for a millenia and half.

P.S I didnt mean Russia arent interested in Iran economically...but that it sounded like he said its all about greed for oil, which it isnt for Russia. ME has been a a region the russians has been dying to controll for decades (trying to win favours by selling them high tech weapons), and their interests in Iran is mainly political one, because the other ME countries beside Syria are more or less US puppets (hence cant get their hands on them).
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Shaka Zulu wrote:Not to defend the mad mullahs (though I defend the right Iran has in not bowing down and becoming a puppet, aslong they as dont be aggressive like going to war), but I understand why they play out it the way they do, and use the upper hand they have. Which is the economic and political importance of their country. Them being politically aggressive is due the alternative being a puppet to the West like Egypt and the rest of ME countries are (the US basically pick the leaders there). Its not all about being fanatics, but more or less just being the political game of fighting for influence and throwing around your weight ( but too many think they are simpletons and fanatics, and that its not mostly rhetorics used for a clear purpose).

The much criticised point of them wanting a nuke is understandable and questionable, but not so much when you ask yourselves of why they want it. Because their natural enemies (Israel) have it, and non seem to be bothered with that. And more importantly, that it may be a very helpful leverage to not get fucked by the worlds only super power, like the rest of ME has.

The point I truly dont see any point in and dislike them about is mostly how they incite between shia and sunni muslims, and hence distabilize the entire ME (trying to support oppressings or terrorists so shias can get more influence in ME). But I guess thats political too, and has a checked history background. Being how the arabs, who are mainly sunnis, have been treating and oppressing the shi'te iranians like shit for a millenia and half.

P.S I didnt mean Russia arent interested in Iran economically...but that it sounded like he said its all about greed for oil, which it isnt for Russia. ME has been a a region the russians has been dying to controll for decades (trying to win favours by selling them high tech weapons), and their interests in Iran is mainly political one, because the other ME countries beside Syria are more or less US puppets (hence cant get their hands on them).
I agree with most of what you have stated. Well make that 99%. :)
Excellent post.