Evolution to be taught in Kansas schools

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Evolution to be taught in Kansas schools

Post by Eldo »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2013263,00.html

Here's the first couple of paragraphs of the article:
School authorities in the American heartland state of Kansas have delivered a rebuff to subscribers to the notion of intelligent design by voting to banish language challenging evolution from new science guidelines.

In a 6-4 vote on Tuesday night, the Kansas state board of education deleted language from teaching guidelines that challenged the validity of evolutionary theory, and approved new phrasing in line with mainstream science.

It was seen as a victory for a coalition of moderate Republicans and Democrats, science educators and parents who had fought for two years to overturn the earlier guidelines.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

well, i think banning isn't the right word. what they did do was redefine Science to read something like this: "Study of the natural world." There by eliminating anything that is super-natural.

Update:

'Science' has also been re-redefined as 'a human activity of systematically seeking natural explanations' (the word 'natural' had been previously stricken from the definition).