Gas prices

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Gas prices

Post by MrFelony »

what the fuck? I can almost get gas for under $1.90! i remember when i would see it for under a dollar...man lifes fucking crazy.

and no need to say it
femtov2 wrote:worst thread ever
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Bush is supposed to talk about using corn oil for fuel in the State of the Union Address. Its supposed to be like 15% cheaper than oil.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I heard a prediction that gas prices are supposed to climb back down to 1.35 within some decently long time period. i forget but i thought it was within a couple of years. makes sense with the emergence of supplements for gasoline
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Are you talking about gallon or liter prices there?

Cause if it's gallons, never come to Germany at all.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

The price of Gas right now is tied to the US Dollar. That will change if Iran and Venzuala (now good buddies) decides to do all business in the Euro. That will mean cheaper gas/petrol per liter in the EU and will make price of a gallon of gas in the US head north back to $3.00 levels or more and has the benefit of destabilizing the US economy.

The US won't fall and crumble at this, but it will make lives uncomfortable enough to cause unrest in the lower and middle classes.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

how much is it for a litre in germany? and if Iran decides to switch to Euro before bush is outta offic you know we'll just invade them ;)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

MrFelony wrote:how much is it for a litre in germany? and if Iran decides to switch to Euro before bush is outta offic you know we'll just invade them ;)
And Venezuela Unlike Iran, Venezuela provides a 1/3 of the sweet-crude that the US consumes. We are not on the friendliest of terms. Nor is Venezuela on 'our' Axis of Evil list.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

In Germany, gas is one of the most-taxed products, ever, together with cigarettes.
The government figured that people need cars, hence they will pay any price, and it also figured that once people were addicts, they could charge any price for fags, too.

So... a litre of gas costs between 1.15€ and over 1.30€ (the high in 2006). It varies around 1.2€ at the moment, and so far, there has been no civil unrest.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Brainpiercing wrote:In Germany, gas is one of the most-taxed products, ever, together with cigarettes.
The government figured that people need cars, hence they will pay any price, and it also figured that once people were addicts, they could charge any price for fags, too.

So... a litre of gas costs between 1.15€ and over 1.30€ (the high in 2006). It varies around 1.2€ at the moment, and so far, there has been no civil unrest.
Gutentag neighbour:p

No country has taxes like Belgium does :P. The costs of a litre depends from which gas station and which kind of gas you buy. Diesel cost +1 EUR, Benzine costs around +1,5 EUR per litre, and there is LPG, the cheapest, I don't really know the price of that one.