Republican Aide Tries to Hire Hackers

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Republican Aide Tries to Hire Hackers

Post by psi29a »

It seems as though a Republican Communications Director contacted Attrition.org, trying to hire hackers to improve his educational records. I don't know what is his dumbest move:

(a) contacting Attrition in the first place,
(b) using a real name Yahoo email address or
(c) speaking at length about what he needed?

Kudos to the Attrition crew for posting the whole email dialogue online! A sample from the conversation: 'Jericho: First, let's be clear. You are soliciting me to break the law and hack into a computer across state lines. That is a federal offense and multiple felonies. Obviously I can't trust anyone and everyone that mails such a request, you might be an FBI agent, right?

So, I need three things to make this happen:
1. A picture of a squirrel or pigeon on your campus. One close-up, one with background that shows buildings, a sign, or something to indicate you are standing on the campus.
2. The information I mentioned so I can find the records once I get into the database.
3. Some idea of what I get for all my trouble.'
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Read the entire thread from atrition, that guy mustve been asking for it going on like that. Amazing what people will do just to get ahead. Not a possition you want to be in, running from the police or what ever, saying "we are so busted" in the last post. Yea...not good
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I'm not sure you got it, so I'll say it: you realize this was a prank that the hackeras made public, they were never busted since they never did anything. They just said it in order to scare that dumbass.

Based on your post I'm not sure you got that.