Not everyone in the world hates the US

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Not everyone in the world hates the US

Post by MrFelony »

http://futurist.typepad.com/my_weblog/2 ... orld_.html

I never realized India likes us so much
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

does it really matter?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

India has more than a billion people and is on its way to becoming a super power, so it'd be nice to have them on our side.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

LOL! they only like you, cuz you guys are the super power right now,as soon as china becomes super power, they will stop sucking u.s's cock.As for them becoming a super power...not gonna happen as long as china and pakistan is around.In next 50 years half of india will be in pakistan's hand and other half in china's.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Some business and American companies do their business in India, because of cheaper labor and wages, and I don't mean in terms of sweat shops. Also, their technology is advancing rapidly. Basically, US is putting food on the table for some Indian workers.

I can't be entirely sure that they will become a super power, at least to a level similar to China. Also, I don't really understand why people think it's the end of the world or view China as a threat if they ever surpass the US.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

A Super Power by definition needs to have an opponent, because there isn't anything that can currently rival the US's military hegemony, the term Super Power no longer applies to the US. It is a global power sure, but not a Super Power.

If China becomes reaches the point of having a blue water navy, a litorial navy, and can project power withen the same time span that the US can like Russia used to do, then the US and China becomes Super Powers.

Be careful with terms, because some people don't understand what the terms mean and will misinterpret you.

From the wiki:
Currently, the most common belief among mainstream journalism and in the world of academia holds that only the United States of America fulfills the criteria to be considered a superpower. Sometimes, given the unipolar nature of the world, it is described as a hyperpower.[1]

China and India appear to have the greatest potential amongst all the other nations of achieving superpower or near-superpower status within the 21st century and are often termed as emerging superpowers.
The US is a hyperpower because it is has no military equal. Once the emergering powers step up to the plain, then we go back to Super Powers.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

But the thing your forgetting about the military is that the young kids who go and are fighting are taking lots of stress which causes some of them to commit suicide so we wont be a military hyperpower for long once another round of protests comes about when bush gets his "hot war" on with iran
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

What kind of moronic logic is that? :lol: Even if the main base of the military is the infantry, its not what makes the US easiely the most power military. Its the technology and generally very superior weaponanry.

Even if americans protest and less people sign up for the military(though they would make it add with professional soldiers), the US would still be vastly superior for the same reasons. If it was about infantry, other countries would be able to compete with them.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

dronedevil wrote:But the thing your forgetting about the military is that the young kids who go and are fighting are taking lots of stress which causes some of them to commit suicide so we wont be a military hyperpower for long once another round of protests comes about when bush gets his "hot war" on with iran
That is absurd and you should know better. The US has the ability to project power because it has a blue water navy. That is the backgone of military power in the US. Thanks to the C-130 and other personal aircraft, we can project power within a few hours in the Western Hemisphere. Thanks to MM2 and other ICBMs, the US can project power withen an hour to any part of the globe.

Today, sending in 10,000 infantry is a big deal because of the fact that we are a all volunteer military. However, what made the US a superpower in the first place was the draft, which meant the US had a larger standing Army and sending in 10,000 infantry was next to nothing.

JFK sent 10,000 military personal to Vietnam. LBJ sent made sure we had 500,000+ there after JFK. From the 1950s till 1975, the US had the world by the balls. When the US shifted to being an all volunteer military, the technological advances in warfare increased to offset the loss in combat boots on the ground.

All this being said, American military hegemony is hampered by one thing and that is politics. Not since WW2 has America been able to go to total war. Since we can't declare total war, the American military is hampered in what it can accomplish. Failures like Korea, Vietnam, and etc are only likely to continue if the American people do not have the stomach for it.

American will cease to be a hyperpower when the emerging superpowers are able do the same thing as the American military. That means that if for some reason US decides to cut military spending, and technology stagnats yet Iran, India, and China continue forward, eventually they will eclipse the US they will become the superpowers and the US goes back to being an emerging superpower.

Bottom line is that it scales.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

dronedevil wrote:But the thing your forgetting about the military is that the young kids who go and are fighting are taking lots of stress which causes some of them to commit suicide so we wont be a military hyperpower for long once another round of protests comes about when bush gets his "hot war" on with iran
Yeah, because we all know 99% of people who commit suicide in the US are young military soldiers. What the US should do is keep on breeding. In fact, they should make it a law now that sailors won't need to wear rubber anymore.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Why isn't Iran on there?
Scales of the chart?
What does Jordan and Turkey have to do with U.S.? When's the last time you seen these genocidal fucks on tv?

Reason why India likes us so much is they receive our jobs. Outsourced jobs :P
I know why Germany hates us....
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Iran isn't on there, because they shot who ever asked the question.

I don't like or dislike the country (it's actually only a land mass with people on it making shit up), I just live here as a citizen and conform to a degree for survival.