O’Reilly: iPods Are Endangering America

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

O’Reilly: iPods Are Endangering America

Post by psi29a »

GamePolitics.com caught this gem from the Radio Factor with Bill O’Reilly:
I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.
Remember, if you want to defeat the jihadists, don’t buy a premium membership on billoreilly.com:

Also, don’t subscribe to O’Reilly’s free “Talking Points Podcast.” If you listen, the terrorists will win.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

I wonder if he tries to be as dumb as he is, or if it comes naturally. Anyone ever see the time he got pwned on Letterman? very hilarious :lol:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

yeah ok i dont know what anymore
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I just get madder and madder each time I listen to anything O'Reilly tries to say. The one thing that truely infuriates me about the man is that he agrees with almost everything that conservatives put forward, and still tries to claim he is a true Independent. That and the series of lies and half truths, but that's to be expected from any political newscaster, especially ones working for Fox News.

:evil:

Serieously, the man is practially a walking oxymoron. A hypocracy incarnate if you will.
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Luckily, it's only endangering America.

It's probably just a promotion scheme to get terrorists to buy them. Each member of Al Qaeda has six ipods. I'm thinking about getting four of them myself, two for each pocket on my pants.

Oh Steve Jobs, what won't you do?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

According to O'Reilly, 20 virgin Ipods are waiting for you in paradise if you blow yourself up.

Fucking capitalists.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Eldo wrote:Luckily, it's only endangering America.

It's probably just a promotion scheme to get terrorists to buy them. Each member of Al Qaeda has six ipods. I'm thinking about getting four of them myself, two for each pocket on my pants.
LOL! :PLUS1:

iPods are endangering America lol. O'Reilly acts as if America wasn't already endangered & by far greater things. He really does have his fuckin head on backwards but that's nothing new.

Personally, I worry more about fuckers like him spreading their parasitic remedialism on a grand scale, than an army of iPod wielding geeks invading (we'd all be better off if that happened!).

He should load himself into a warhead & launch himself into Al Qaeda HQ immediately, then maybe he can consider himself as having done something great for America. :thumb:

The greatest day in the history of this country, will be when karma ramrods all these self absorbed, delusional public figures on their respective pedestals. :headbang:
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read somewhere where he said the same thing about PS3.

I dont see how this guy is still on tv, there must people who are sick of his bull.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Nah his Conservative bosses like to have him around. Theirs asses would feal cold without his nose stuck up there.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I would agree with him that all this technology and advancement of society is destroying america in the light that people have less friends today than they do like 40 years ago. I'm much to lazy to run upstairs to get the time article, but the average number of close friends that people have are decreasing. Instead of saying hi or being friendly when we pass by people nowadays, we just plug in our ipods and live in our own little bubble.
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Honestly? The people who tune out other people with their iPods tend to be anti-social people to begin with, in my experience. I know. I'm one of them. ;)

While there is likely some sort of connection between owning electronic devices (not just iPods, but gaming consoles, powerful computers, etc.) and anti-social behavior, there is no proven cause-effect relationship between the two (that I've heard of, and as a psychologist I kinda pay attention to these types of things), and anyone who says otherwise is spouting BS out of the wrong orifice.

Ironically enough, I have more friends now than I did five years ago, despite finally getting my own computer and an mp3 player. Odd, isn't it?
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

its funny since the people into technology made the internet and computers so he wouldnt have anything to propgate for the republicans without "geeks" :roll:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Me do not understand what you post.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

Albator wrote:Me do not understand what you post.
the website oreilly uses was made by a "geek" along with the fox news site so he's going after the webmasters of them when he says those things. :lol:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

dronedevil wrote:
Albator wrote:Me do not understand what you post.
the website oreilly uses was made by a "geek" along with the fox news site so he's going after the webmasters of them when he says those things. :lol:
The point Albator was making is that you can only covey what you mean effectively when you type clearly and concisely by paying attention to proper subject verb agreement and proper punctuation.

It is important around here considering that not everyone knows English natively. It also shows your level of maturity and the ability for others to take you seriously.
Khan
imanewbie

Post by Khan »

Of course it’s a danger to America just look at our youth. Children are becoming an hero when they lose them all the time.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/An_hero
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

I used to watch a lot of Bill. I used to respect his opinions.

But man lately he has been saying a lot of dumbshit. And this is just another one, I think he is turning into a cranky old grandpa.

He also does contradict himself too much.