Interseting Facts Thread

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Why should pokemon get cancer.. They gave me a lot of joy and entertainment in my younger days, and I pitty the fool who at one point didnt like them. Thats like saying I wish Scooby Doo got cancer or i wish the X men got cancer. Or even worse i wish Tom and Jerry got cancer *shudders at the thought*
Heh, the funny thing is 'pokemon' is a name of a newly found gene that causes cancer. The gene's name is POK Erythroid Myeloid Ontogenic factor. Read it in a magazine at my Uni. When I read that my friend and I filled the whole library with laughter.
"Pokemon is a member of a family of proteins that are known to be transcription factors and are mutated in human cancer."
From this source: http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/54387.cfm

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Hey I dont really care bout that part i mostly care about the guy who said that the pokemon should get cancer.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't see Pokemon as a bad anime, when you're watching it as a kid. It's not meant to be directed at adults, anyway. Even though I don't fancy them anymore just means that I have grown out of the 'kiddy-ness' that it promotes. At one point I found myself a crazed fan playing every pokemon game that came out. Yes, even Snap.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, you guys make me feel old. Well, not really, but maybe a little. Pokemon was after my time, so I’ve never liked it. Ninja Turtles are still kind of cool though.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah pokemon was after my time so I never really liked it. So I guess I did outgrow it. Wierd though cause stuff I did like as a kid i still like now, but stuff that came after I was of the right age I don't like. Strange world. But pokemon is just huge marketing scheme to me and thats what I dislike about it. It just like crack for kids.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Media in general is Crack for almost everyone....
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

True just some things are worse than others.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's a good reason why I don't like Pokemon either. I don't know though, I can think of tons of stuff I liked as a kid, but utterly hate now, like Power Rangers. Yeah, I'm talking about when that shit first came out. Damn I hate that ghey shit now though. It just needs to burn, BURN I SAY!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well there are some things I don't like anymore, but others I do. Still love scooby doo, but couldn't watch seseme street.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea .. Like the O.C... heh i saw some of the characters from that show at the movies like a while ago. They were watching troy in the same theaters as me. And I saw drew Brees in islands. And is saw Quinton Jammer in The same cinemas that i saw the O.C people from. Howver it was on a different day, this time i was watching The forgotten.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Zack was my favorite ranger followed closely by tommy
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I liked the Green ranger, I didnt really like it when he turned white though. I always liked his flute dagger. And damn you know whos fine as hell. The girl from the scorpian king. Dezamn
Last edited by Buzkashi on Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Awsome. I have seen a celebratry here or there, but not that close in that normal of a setting. I guess my best was once I was eating in the same resteraunt as Morgan Freeman. He was several tables over. He was up in Montreal filming something.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea well i live in southern cali so you see the ocasional one from time to time.. The funniest time was when Billy Zane was in the beach with his girl. And my sisters and couzins( like 10 at the time) ran up to him sayin "its the bad guy from titanic!" And he ws like "ugghh ok?" and they ended up getting his autograph(he used his girlfirends lipstick.)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Thats funny.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, never been that close to a celebrity. Well, except this one time. I had gone to a concert, Metallica's Summer Sanitarium Tour. As we were walking out to the car, Kid Rock rode by hanging out the top of a limo. He shouted at us, so we shouted back. I think he was like ten feet away at the time. Unfortunately he was in a moving vehicle, so it only lasted a moment.
Last edited by Starnum on Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Tite.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Starnum wrote:Hm, never been that close to a celebrity. Well, except this one time. I had gone to a concert, Metallica's Summer Sanitary Tour.
ignorant fairy! it's SANITARIUM!

anywayz, interesting fact:

senator john kerry is a manchurian candidate! its true! its true!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, I know that fool!

Argh! MS Word Spell Checker, my loyal companion, you betrayed me! How could you do such a thing! To the stocks with him!

I’m a king see, I can do stuff like that.

*Guard mumbles in the elven man’s ear*

What do you mean you don’t know how to lock computer software into the stocks! I won’t have such logical retort presented before me. Away with him I say!

*The guards doubtfully carry MS Word Spell Checker away*

Ah, that’s better. Now where were we? Ah yes, that’s right. So I says to Mable I says…
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Microsoft = :twisted:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Yes, I know that fool!

Argh! MS Word Spell Checker, my loyal companion, you betrayed me! How could you do such a thing! To the stocks with him!

What do you mean you don’t know how to lock computer software into the stocks! I won’t have such logical retort presented before me. Away with him I say!

Ah, that’s better. Now where were we? Ah yes, that’s right. So I says to Mable I says…
Yes, Microsoft is the work of the devil.... :twisted:

And your guard is incompetent :P

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good point.

Guards! Put Beldin in the stocks, so that he’ll see how it’s properly done!
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Starnum wrote:Yes, I know that fool!

hah i feel you starnum, yes ms word spell checker is indeed very wack. bill gates has billions of dollars not to mention his company worth times that by two, and he still can't perfect a freakin spell checker
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont have microsoft word or excell or any of that stuff. My idiot brother wanted to clean out our comp and tryed to reformat it. What he ended up doing was deleting the important programs and the the games and the music downloaders (kazaa, ares) so now i do all my papers on wordpad and it has no double space feature so i just send it to one of my friends they double space it for me and they send it back...... God as my friends say everything in my house turns to shit. The comp was top of the line when i bout it 3 years ago now its fucked up on so many levels. Ive lost nearly all the remotes in my house(its a bitch) my plumbing is shit my refrigartor never seems to keep my milk cold and my ice cream stays mushy. My bead creaks like a mohter fucker etc etc

..another one of my incoherient ramblings ..I know..
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:I dont have microsoft word or excell or any of that stuff. My idiot brother wanted to clean out our comp and tryed to reformat it. What he ended up doing was deleting the important programs and the the games and the music downloaders (kazaa, ares) so now i do all my papers on wordpad and it has no double space feature so i just send it to one of my friends they double space it for me and they send it back...... God as my friends say everything in my house turns to shit. The comp was top of the line when i bout it 3 years ago now its fucked up on so many levels. Ive lost nearly all the remotes in my house(its a bitch) my plumbing is shit my refrigartor never seems to keep my milk cold and my ice cream stays mushy. My bead creaks like a mohter fucker etc etc

..another one of my incoherient ramblings ..I know..
And I thought MY life was bad...I'm outta my luck, have to go to Uni, now I have to go to work to buy my second Mercedes! 8)